PDA

View Full Version : Santiago González

IUFG
07-20-2020, 08:47 AM
I'll just leave this here, since we all FA Cupped up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmd3y5wGlxI

is he coming home or fattening up the pension in Qatar? :rubchin:

Luis Anaconda
07-20-2020, 08:50 AM
I'll just leave this here, since we all FA Cupped up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmd3y5wGlxI

is he coming home or fattening up the pension in Qatar? :rubchin:

You could at least get his name right ffs

Seems like he is going to get his coaching badges with Xavi in Qatar (and play for another couple of years) before coming home

IUFG
07-20-2020, 09:03 AM
You could at least get his name right ffs

these Spanishers and Portugeezers speaking types need to sort out their naming shenanigans.

for example - David Luiz is actually David Luiz Moreira Marinho. How do they decide which bit is redundant? Is it the maternal names that get dropped? If so, patriarchy, etc.

Luis Anaconda
07-20-2020, 09:08 AM
these Spanishers and Portugeezers speaking types need to sort out their naming shenanigans.

for example - David Luiz is actually David Luiz Moreira Marinho. How do they decide which bit is redundant? Is it the maternal names that get dropped? If so, patriarchy, etc.
It is the maternal name, i.

Was only reading recently, though, that Pablo Picasso took the maternal name (he was actually a Ruiz) but then again his full name was Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso so he may have just been confused

IUFG
07-20-2020, 09:13 AM
... but then again his full name was Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso so he may have just been confused

ty, la.

You see, that name is just fúcking unnecessary, imo

barrybueno
07-20-2020, 09:49 AM

Was only reading recently, though, that Pablo Picasso took the maternal name (he was actually a Ruiz) but then again his full name was Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso so he may have just been confused

:yikes: Good job he weren't a footballer, would have cost a fair few Pesetas to buy his shirt.

Maravilloso Marvo
07-21-2020, 07:23 AM

My GLW has one of these ridicules long Spanish names. Going through airports can be a joke at times, we've had it where her name was too long to print on a boarding pass so we had to go to a special desk where they manually wrote the rest of her name on and then gave it a special stamp.

When it came to naming our children, I insisted we do it the English way and they just have my surname on all of their documentation. I managed to argue the case that it was just to make life easier for them and she agreed!

Luis Anaconda
07-21-2020, 08:22 AM
My GLW has one of these ridicules long Spanish names. Going through airports can be a joke at times, we've had it where her name was too long to print on a boarding pass so we had to go to a special desk where they manually wrote the rest of her name on and then gave it a special stamp.

When it came to naming our children, I insisted we do it the English way and they just have my surname on all of their documentation. I managed to argue the case that it was just to make life easier for them and she agreed!

:hehe: Good arguing, m