PDA

View Full Version : 87-5. Calypso collapso. Should have bowled.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
07-09-2020, 11:41 AM
Useless English donkeys.

Why can't we make batsmen any more? Can't we find some Saffers with English grannies?

Tony C
07-09-2020, 03:03 PM
Now that they’ve got Archer they should send scouts out for Chanderpaul 2.0 imo

A player like with his style and mental fortitude would be excellent here.

Windies regularly get players like this but they get mugged about by politics and end up concentrating on T20.

Would make a nice change from the standard South African imo

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
07-09-2020, 04:44 PM
Now that they’ve got Archer they should send scouts out for Chanderpaul 2.0 imo

A player like with his style and mental fortitude would be excellent here.

Windies regularly get players like this but they get mugged about by politics and end up concentrating on T20.

Would make a nice change from the standard South African imo

Agreed. But given our top order, I'd quite happily take a few Saffers. I knew when we put them in yesterday that we'd collapse. So it will be us trying to bat to save the test on a wearing 4th/5th day pitch.

PSRB
07-09-2020, 04:46 PM
Useless English donkeys.

Why can't we make batsmen any more? Can't we find some Saffers with English grannies?

Good toss to lose

Luis Anaconda
07-10-2020, 08:49 AM
Agreed. But given our top order, I'd quite happily take a few Saffers. I knew when we put them in yesterday that we'd collapse. So it will be us trying to bat to save the test on a wearing 4th/5th day pitch.

Given that we absolutely destroyed the South African batting line-up in the winter, what makes you think that players that aren't good enough for them will be of any use for us

Luis Anaconda
07-10-2020, 08:50 AM
Good toss to lose

Yeah - can see why Stokes did what he did but basically let down by useless Surrey (and ex-Surrey) and Kent batsmen