PDA

View Full Version : Now to be honest, there was never much chance of me watching that absurd kickabout

Burney
06-18-2020, 09:52 AM
masquerading as a football match last night, but I did take a peek at one point just to see what it was like and even I was shocked at how shít it was. Not our performance - I didn't watch long enough for that - but the whole thing. Sterile, weird and...pointless.
If you'd asked me beforehand, I'd have probably said that the crowd weren't as big a factor in the enjoyment of the game as people like to make out, but I was wrong. Football without crowds just doesn't work.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
06-18-2020, 10:10 AM
masquerading as a football match last night, but I did take a peek at one point just to see what it was like and even I was shocked at how shít it was. Not our performance - I didn't watch long enough for that - but the whole thing. Sterile, weird and...pointless.
If you'd asked me beforehand, I'd have probably said that the crowd weren't as big a factor in the enjoyment of the game as people like to make out, but I was wrong. Football without crowds just doesn't work.

Some of the streams I was watching had fake crowd noises added.

7sisters
06-18-2020, 10:37 AM

The media w@nkfest trumpeting its return seems more than a bit premature. I couldn't be less interested in football at this point in time and have missed it like a third buttock, but that's probably attributed to the fact we're utterly shyte. #plastic

Tony C
06-18-2020, 10:42 AM
The only sport that’s working is the racing.

Because most people watch on a tele anyways...even at the track you’re watching a big screen most of time.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
06-18-2020, 10:49 AM

Because most people watch on a tele anyways...even at the track you’re watching a big screen most of time.

Which makes you wonder why they bothered canceling the snooker.

Sir C
06-18-2020, 11:22 AM

I switched off when they knelt down.

taxman10
06-18-2020, 11:24 AM
I’m wondering whether there might be a serious decline in season ticket renewals. I’m thinking about not bothering with both of mine

IUFG
06-18-2020, 11:24 AM

Ah, I take it you missed Ederson's rather spectacular piece of amateur dentistry on Garcia?

Burney
06-18-2020, 11:43 AM
Ah, I take it you missed Ederson's rather spectacular piece of amateur dentistry on Garcia?

I've no idea who either of those people are.

barrybueno
06-18-2020, 12:55 PM

I think the F1 will be ok, that's all I'm looking forward to really. Annoyingly I have to keep my sports package just for that, football can go fúck itself.