PDA

View Full Version : So I go on Twitter and see that 'Patrick O'Brien' is trending.

Burney
05-11-2020, 03:13 PM
I think excitedly 'Why would the master of naval fiction be trending and why have they misspelt his name?'

Silly me. It turns out it's just someone who's called Ian Wright a 'Cųnt coon monkey ni99er'. Disappointing. :-(

redgunamo
05-12-2020, 11:57 AM
Poor old Wrighty. You'd have thought he'd be used to all that sort of thing by this time, wouldn't you. Never took him for the sensitive sort anyway.

Just goes to show, you never can tell. As you say, disappointing :-(

I think excitedly 'Why would the master of naval fiction be trending and why have they misspelt his name?'

Silly me. It turns out it's just someone who's called Ian Wright a 'Cųnt coon monkey ni99er'. Disappointing. :-(

Burney
05-12-2020, 12:47 PM
Poor old Wrighty. You'd have thought he'd be used to all that sort of thing by this time, wouldn't you. Never took him for the sensitive sort anyway.

Just goes to show, you never can tell. As you say, disappointing :-(

United, by the sound of things.

Still, poor form even for them.

redgunamo
05-16-2020, 11:53 AM
Hmm.. yes. Footballistically-speaking, he never did have much luck there, did he. Still, chap needs to man up.

Constantly hanging around with urban media-types can't help, I suppose; the money's probably good but they all love their racism far too much.

United, by the sound of things.

Still, poor form even for them.