PDA

View Full Version : Lunch.

Sir C
04-21-2020, 10:30 AM
The glow has requested egg mayonnaise banjoes. Fair enough; but she has further demanded sun-dried tomatoes within. :-(

She’s a sick puppy, isn’t she?

IUFG
04-21-2020, 10:36 AM
The glow has requested egg mayonnaise banjoes. Fair enough; but she has further demanded sun-dried tomatoes within. :-(

GTFO is the appropriate response, here. It won't be said, of course.

I'm going to have a pot noodle for lunch. Fúcking seens :cry:

Sir C
04-21-2020, 10:38 AM
GTFO is the appropriate response, here. It won't be said, of course.

I'm going to have a pot noodle for lunch. Fúcking seens :cry:

A pot ****ing noodle, I? Is it 1987 again?

I’m considering adding anchovies to my egg mayonnaise. I’ve gone a bit weird.

IUFG
04-21-2020, 10:40 AM

I know, I know. It's the last thing in the cupboard at work.

I can't be ársed to queue up at Tesco for 30 minutes. I should have planned this better.

Burney
04-21-2020, 10:58 AM

I'm just worried at the noisome guffing that will doubtless ensue after such a repast. I hope you've got the windows open :illwatson:

Sir C
04-21-2020, 11:17 AM
I'm just worried at the noisome guffing that will doubtless ensue after such a repast. I hope you've got the windows open :illwatson:

It will need to go some to outdo the rich aroma of the dung heap.

In retrospect building it by the kitchen window may not have been the best decision.

Burney
04-21-2020, 11:27 AM
It will need to go some to outdo the rich aroma of the dung heap.

In retrospect building it by the kitchen window may not have been the best decision.

Dung heap, you say? Has the man not been to empty the septic tank, then? :-(

Sir C
04-21-2020, 11:35 AM
Dung heap, you say? Has the man not been to empty the septic tank, then? :-(

We haven’t had a septic tank for 10 years man. We got connected! It’s all mod cons round here now.

Horse ****. Horse ****!

IUFG
04-21-2020, 11:57 AM
I know, I know. It's the last thing in the cupboard at work.

I can't be ársed to queue up at Tesco for 30 minutes. I should have planned this better.

I went to the local chippy in the end. Haddock and small chips. Stick that, Bombay Bad Boy! :cloud9:

IUFG
04-21-2020, 12:00 PM
I went to the local chippy in the end. Haddock and small chips. Stick that, Bombay Bad Boy! :cloud9:

and also, seafood.

See, when push come to shove, I'll have it.

Burney
04-21-2020, 12:13 PM

'At work'? 'Chippy'? What strange world do you live in, iufg? I vaguely remember these phrases from the before times, but have entirely forgotten what they mean.

IUFG
04-21-2020, 12:18 PM
'At work'? 'Chippy'? What strange world do you live in, iufg? I vaguely remember these phrases from the before times, but have entirely forgotten what they mean.

yes, I'm at work, people don't furlough themselves etc, b

The chippy bloke decided he'd had enough and opened back up.

He showed a remarkably level of economic knowledge during our chat. He is a businessman I suppose... but still, in Suffolk?

Burney
04-21-2020, 12:27 PM

He showed a remarkably level of economic knowledge during our chat. He is a businessman I suppose... but still, in Suffolk?

But our HR teams are working from home. Why can't you? Why are you not protecting 'OUR NHS', i? Why?

I shall have to denounce you and your chippy man to the Covid Stasi, I'm afraid. :shrug:

IUFG
04-21-2020, 12:32 PM
But our HR teams are working from home. Why can't you? Why are you not protecting 'OUR NHS', i? Why?

I shall have to denounce you and your chippy man to the Covid Stasi, I'm afraid. :shrug:

I'm a 'key worker', apparently, I'll have you know, b :vsign:

Not sure about the Chippy man, though :hide:

Burney
04-21-2020, 12:38 PM
I'm a 'key worker', apparently, I'll have you know, b :vsign:

Not sure about the Chippy man, though :hide:

I'm very distressed at this 'NHS workers can jump the queue at Tesco' nonsense. Fair enough if you've just done a 12-hour shift wrestling the Yellow Peril in an ICU, but most of these c.unts are either pen-pushers, diversity managers or have spent the last few hours recording themselves dancing on TikTok. They can f.uck off.

IUFG
04-21-2020, 12:42 PM
I'm very distressed at this 'NHS workers can jump the queue at Tesco' nonsense. Fair enough if you've just done a 12-hour shift wrestling the Yellow Peril in an ICU, but most of these c.unts are either pen-pushers, diversity managers or have spent the last few hours recording themselves dancing on TikTok. They can f.uck off.

Indeed, b, indeed.

The amount of admin staff just to prove 'clinical governance' to The CQC is fúcking laughable

IUFG
04-21-2020, 12:45 PM
But our HR teams are working from home. Why can't you?

and my :driving: to work is a piece of píss :cloud9:

Burney
04-21-2020, 12:51 PM
and my :driving: to work is a piece of píss :cloud9:

I keep seeing accidents being reported on my route around the M25 and wondering how people are managing to fúck up so badly on empty roads in what have been pretty much perfect weather conditions. I mean you'd virtually have to try to crash your car, wouldn't you?

Sir C
04-21-2020, 12:52 PM

I’ve furloughed myself. Of course as a director of the company I am allowed to carry out my statutory duties. According to the barrister chap who advised me, ‘statutory duties’ is an entirely subjective term, so in theory I could pretty much carry on as usual.

It’s nicer a5 home, though.

IUFG
04-21-2020, 12:53 PM
I keep seeing accidents being reported on my route around the M25 and wondering how people are managing to fúck up so badly on empty roads in what have been pretty much perfect weather conditions. I mean you'd virtually have to try to crash your car, wouldn't you?

The empty roads have turned into a racetrack, b. It's ace :cloud9:

Burney
04-21-2020, 01:46 PM
I’ve furloughed myself. Of course as a director of the company I am allowed to carry out my statutory duties. According to the barrister chap who advised me, ‘statutory duties’ is an entirely subjective term, so in theory I could pretty much carry on as usual.

It’s nicer a5 home, though.

I'll tell you what's getting me down. Companies sending round emails saying they're holding their next presser or product launch as a webinar. As if anyone ever went to these things just to get their tedious information, ffs!
This would usually be the time of year to rock up to various dos in town, get lunches bought for one, hoover up huge amounts of free drink and generally do all the stuff that makes the job worthwhile. Instead they expect me to sit in front of a screen pretending I give a fúck. Very depressing.

The worst of it is, of course, that after all this is over, they might all start to decide they should carry on doing it like this - at which point life would simply cease to be worth living.

Sir C
04-21-2020, 03:29 PM
I'll tell you what's getting me down. Companies sending round emails saying they're holding their next presser or product launch as a webinar. As if anyone ever went to these things just to get their tedious information, ffs!
This would usually be the time of year to rock up to various dos in town, get lunches bought for one, hoover up huge amounts of free drink and generally do all the stuff that makes the job worthwhile. Instead they expect me to sit in front of a screen pretending I give a fúck. Very depressing.

The worst of it is, of course, that after all this is over, they might all start to decide they should carry on doing it like this - at which point life would simply cease to be worth living.

Yes, things will certainly never be the same now. Imagine just how much companies will learn to save in office space now the wfh is the norm rather than the exception.

Mind you, I haven’t really decided whether there is to be an ‘after’ for me yet. I’m rather enjoying the simple life too much.

My staff, sadly, seem less keen on packing it in.

The Insider
04-21-2020, 04:01 PM

I actually love Pot Noodles and as for 1987, well had them for school dinners in the late 70s when there were just the three standard flavours.

Burney
04-21-2020, 07:34 PM
Yes, things will certainly never be the same now. Imagine just how much companies will learn to save in office space now the wfh is the norm rather than the exception.

Mind you, I haven’t really decided whether there is to be an ‘after’ for me yet. I’m rather enjoying the simple life too much.

My staff, sadly, seem less keen on packing it in.

Yes. I wouldn’t want to be a landlord who owns a lot of office space over the next few years. Bad juju.