PDA

View Full Version : I want to go to a seafood restaurant.

Sir C
04-17-2020, 10:29 AM
I want to start with clams with garlic butter and parsley, with some crusty bread. Then I should like a whole roasted turbot, with samphire. And chips.

A bottle of Gavi di Gavi and, with dessert (mousse au chocolat, natch), some of that red Italian dessert wine we had at my wedding.

I suppose I could do all that at home.

Wait, I’m off to source a turbot.

Burney
04-17-2020, 10:32 AM
I want to start with clams with garlic butter and parsley, with some crusty bread. Then I should like a whole roasted turbot, with samphire. And chips.

A bottle of Gavi di Gavi and, with dessert (mousse au chocolat, natch), some of that red Italian dessert wine we had at my wedding.

A whole roast turbot? The fúckers can be 14 kilos and the size of a table!

Anyway, it won't be the same if you cook it yourself. The whole joy lies in just sitting there and having delicious things brought to you.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-17-2020, 10:35 AM

enormous super trawlers that can clean out a whole year's supply of turbot in 10 minutes with nuclear powered sucking devices. They are all manned by sneering surrender monkey frogs who reek of garlic and never bathe and everyone of them is a personal friend of Mutti Merkel.

Sir C
04-17-2020, 10:39 AM
A whole roast turbot? The fúckers can be 14 kilos and the size of a table!

Anyway, it won't be the same if you cook it yourself. The whole joy lies in just sitting there and having delicious things brought to you.

I can get a 1.5 kg turbot delivered from Cornwall for 56 quids.

I’m in.

barrybueno
04-17-2020, 10:58 AM
enormous super trawlers that can clean out a whole year's supply of turbot in 10 minutes with nuclear powered sucking devices. They are all manned by sneering surrender monkey frogs who reek of garlic and never bathe and everyone of them is a personal friend of Mutti Merkel.

'Kin right Herbs! Also our fishing boundaries stop at about 200 yards from our coast. The French, Spanish and Portguese help themselves to the rest of the 'English' Channel. Probably some Argies and a few German U-Boats in there for good measure.

IUFG
04-17-2020, 11:01 AM

if I were to choose a restaurant to visit, seafood would be third bottom of that league.

And therefore relegated along with vegetarian and vegan.

Indian Curry House crowned champions. Again. :eat: :cloud9:

Sir C
04-17-2020, 11:05 AM
if I were to choose a restaurant to visit, seafood would be third bottom of that league.

There will be no more nasty foreign food allowed under the New World Order, i. French and Italian, fine. Anything brown or yellow, no chance.

barrybueno
04-17-2020, 11:07 AM

Did the chinese restaurant avoid relegation on the final day :rubchin:

Burney
04-17-2020, 11:11 AM
There will be no more nasty foreign food allowed under the New World Order, i. French and Italian, fine. Anything brown or yellow, no chance.

Hear him! Hear him! Eating foreign muck served to us by evil-smelling brown and yellow types with dreadful hygiene is what got us into this mess in the first place. Probably.

IUFG
04-17-2020, 11:13 AM
Hear him! Hear him! Eating foreign muck served to us by evil-smelling brown and yellow types with dreadful hygiene is what got us into this mess in the first place. Probably.

no more kebabs for you, b :nono:

IUFG
04-17-2020, 11:13 AM
Did the chinese restaurant avoid relegation on the final day :rubchin:

:nod: skin of their teeth, bb, relied on other results going their way.

IUFG
04-17-2020, 11:16 AM

French food can also get to fúck, imo.

apart from their bread, cheese, butter and maybe flamiche.

oh, and their beer and wine...

Sir C
04-17-2020, 11:16 AM

Of course it will ne necessary for members of the People’s Committee to remain familiar with the wily culinary plotting of our eastern foes. As such, vendors of such items as kebabs, pork balls and ribs and meat madras will be allowed to sell to entitled personnel.

I intend to have chefs from Vietnam, Szechuan, Istanbul and Delhi in chains, I mean employed, at my dacha.

Burney
04-17-2020, 11:17 AM
no more kebabs for you, b :nono:

Well that will obviously depend on the swarthiness of the Captain Kirk serving me. If he's reasonably light-skinned and doesn't look like he's recently had sex with a farmyard animal, I may be prepared to grant him my custom.

Sir C
04-17-2020, 11:19 AM

Excuse me. What of the cassoulet, the œufs en meurette, the tartare, the omelette jambon fromage cuit baveuse, thé confit de canard avec des frites au graisse d’oie, thé salade de pieds de cochon aux truffes, THÉ WELSH ROYALE for all love?

Burney
04-17-2020, 11:23 AM
Of course it will ne necessary for members of the People’s Committee to remain familiar with the wily culinary plotting of our eastern foes. As such, vendors of such items as kebabs, pork balls and ribs and meat madras will be allowed to sell to entitled personnel.

I intend to have chefs from Vietnam, Szechuan, Istanbul and Delhi in chains, I mean employed, at my dacha.

Of course. To defeat one's enemy, one must know them - and eat their food.

You'll need to keep a close eye on the Szechuan fella, though. To make sure he's not slipping some bat into your dinner on the sly.

Sir C
04-17-2020, 11:27 AM
Of course. To defeat one's enemy, one must know them - and eat their food.

You'll need to keep a close eye on the Szechuan fella, though. To make sure he's not slipping some bat into your dinner on the sly.

Talking of bats, we haven’t seen bats around here for about three years - and this spring we’ve got loads of the little ****ers.

The bats are on the march, b.

Burney
04-17-2020, 11:31 AM
Talking of bats, we haven’t seen bats around here for about three years - and this spring we’ve got loads of the little ****ers.

The bats are on the march, b.

:nod: 'Rise of the Planet of the Bats' imo

"Get your stinking claws off me, you damn dirty bat!'

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-17-2020, 11:41 AM

What about those moules you get in that buttery garlic sauce with frites pretty much the length of the Bay of Biscay - crack cocaine

Sir C
04-17-2020, 11:42 AM
What about those moules you get in that buttery garlic sauce with frites pretty much the length of the Bay of Biscay - crack cocaine

The mariniere. Good call h.

IUFG
04-17-2020, 11:46 AM
Excuse me. What of the cassoulet, the œufs en meurette, the tartare, the omelette jambon fromage cuit baveuse, thé confit de canard avec des frites au graisse d’oie, thé salade de pieds de cochon aux truffes, THÉ WELSH ROYALE for all love?

exactly, sc. Thanks for proving my point.

:thumbup:

IUFG
04-17-2020, 11:47 AM

exactly.

seafood AND French. :redcard:

Burney
04-17-2020, 11:49 AM
exactly.

seafood AND French. :redcard:

Why do you not like seafood, ffs? Is it a gay thing?

IUFG
04-17-2020, 11:53 AM
Why do you not like seafood, ffs? Is it a gay thing?

I do eat seafood, I'm not a complete wuss, it's just that it is way down my preference list.

Crab and lobster brings me out in hives. Fish isn't too bad, I quite like some whitefish and mackerel - I don't like salmon.

Maybe to do with me having so slide whelks off the side of the plate before having to eat the rubbery fúckers as a kid. Along with mussels and other sea-based pollution filters. :shrug:

Sir C
04-17-2020, 11:55 AM
I do eat seafood, I'm not a complete wuss, it's just that it is way down my preference list.

Crab and lobster brings me out in hives. Fish isn't too bad, I quite like some whitefish and mackerel - I don't like salmon.

Maybe to do with me having so slide whelks off the side of the plate before having to eat the rubbery fúckers as a kid. Along with mussels and other sea-based pollution filters. :shrug:

Do you prefer the oyster or the snail, i?

IUFG
04-17-2020, 11:56 AM
Do you prefer the oyster or the snail, i?

:puke: neither, sc.

Sir C
04-17-2020, 12:01 PM
:puke: neither, sc.

Gay. FACT.

Luis Anaconda
04-17-2020, 12:06 PM

How can you not like salmon? I mean I am as fussy an eater as they come but salmon is bootiful

Burney
04-17-2020, 12:07 PM
Gay. FACT.

Imagine thinking lobster brings you out in hives, though. Just mental weakness imo.

IUFG
04-17-2020, 12:54 PM
Imagine thinking lobster brings you out in hives, though. Just mental weakness imo.

ah, I often wondered what an allergic reaction was. Thanks, b :thumbup:

Burney
04-17-2020, 12:58 PM
ah, I often wondered what an allergic reaction was. Thanks, b :thumbup:

:nod: Pain is just weakness leaving the body, iufg. Hope this helps.

IUFG
04-17-2020, 12:58 PM
How can you not like salmon? I mean I am as fussy an eater as they come but salmon is bootiful

salmon, in all it's forms, to me, has a taste that can only be described as 'earthy'. Regardless of fresh, frozen, fillet, portion, sliced, how the ratio of beech to oak is in the smoke mix, drizzled in oil, chillies, etc. I simply don't enjoy it.

Now, a bit of monkfish, haddock, kingklip, etc I could, if pressed, enjoy.

Burney
04-17-2020, 01:00 PM
salmon, in all it's forms, to me, has a taste that can only be described as 'earthy'. Regardless of fresh, frozen, fillet, portion, sliced, how the ratio of beech to oak is in the smoke mix, drizzled in oil, chillies, etc. I simply don't enjoy it.

Now, a bit of monkfish, haddock, kingklip, etc I could, if pressed, enjoy.

Now here we agree. Farmed salmon tastes largely of mud. Wild salmon, on the other hand, is a magnificent thing, but it costs roughly the same as the average moon landing, so it's a rare treat.

IUFG
04-17-2020, 01:02 PM
Now here we agree. Farmed salmon tastes largely of mud. Wild salmon, on the other hand, is a magnificent thing, but it costs roughly the same as the average moon landing, so it's a rare treat.

Chile. Massive global market share of farmed salmon. Who'da thunk...

barrybueno
04-17-2020, 02:13 PM

No such thing as a moon landing B :redcard:

PS. Did make me chuckle and will be using it if the pubs ever open again :cry:

AFC East
04-17-2020, 03:20 PM
I can get a 1.5 kg turbot delivered from Cornwall for 56 quids.

I’m in.

Where do you live ffs? Surely you have a fishmonger for that kind of thing.

Sir C
04-17-2020, 03:26 PM
Where do you live ffs? Surely you have a fishmonger for that kind of thing.

Sadly I don’t have a good local fishmonger. Anyway, how many fishmongers are going to keep turbot in stock?

The Insider
04-17-2020, 04:57 PM
At the risk of sounding like a some pretentious, middle aged, middle class tw@t (which incidently, I am). I miss sushi like nothing on this earth. From Sexy Fish in Mayfair to Kitsu in Tunbridge Wells via untold little stool only bars, oh my god I could cry thinking about. Waitrose has some very reasonable pre-packed, but nothing beats fresh sushi and all things connected. When this thing is over I know how I am going to spunk my freshly arrive tax free pension cheque away. Stopping now as I have cum...

Sir C
04-17-2020, 07:35 PM
At the risk of sounding like a some pretentious, middle aged, middle class tw@t (which incidently, I am). I miss sushi like nothing on this earth. From Sexy Fish in Mayfair to Kitsu in Tunbridge Wells via untold little stool only bars, oh my god I could cry thinking about. Waitrose has some very reasonable pre-packed, but nothing beats fresh sushi and all things connected. When this thing is over I know how I am going to spunk my freshly arrive tax free pension cheque away. Stopping now as I have cum...

When it’s all over, ti, I recommend to you the tiny Petts Wood sushi bar ‘Rising Sun’. Sushi like I’ve only previously experienced in Tokyo.

barrybueno
04-17-2020, 09:09 PM
When it’s all over, ti, I recommend to you the tiny Petts Wood sushi bar ‘Rising Sun’. Sushi like I’ve only previously experienced in Tokyo.

Fúck me the hypocritical middle class plumber is gonna have a field day when he sees this.

Edit: This was a reply to TI. I must have been Captain Spastic last night :lager:

Chief Arrowhead
04-17-2020, 11:51 PM
'Kin right Herbs! Also our fishing boundaries stop at about 200 yards from our coast. The French, Spanish and Portguese help themselves to the rest of the 'English' Channel. Probably some Argies and a few German U-Boats in there for good measure.

Someone oughta start a war over that

The Insider
04-18-2020, 07:42 AM

On to it, read the reviews only 30 mins drive from home. I'll be there on Day 3 of release. This place in RTW is also the b@llocks.

http://www.kitsu.co.uk/

AFC East
04-18-2020, 11:31 AM
Sadly I don’t have a good local fishmonger. Anyway, how many fishmongers are going to keep turbot in stock?

I can think of a few that would. Still likely to cost you 50 notes, so as you were. Now salivating at the thought of a beautiful whole roast turbot.... Enjoy.

AFC East
04-18-2020, 11:34 AM
On to it, read the reviews only 30 mins drive from home. I'll be there on Day 3 of release. This place in RTW is also the b@llocks.

Good sushi is not so difficult to find in the UK. It's just quite expensive. The Mayfair places are all fur coat and no knickers imo, but Sushi Tetsu is worth trying.

Sir C
04-18-2020, 07:44 PM
I can think of a few that would. Still likely to cost you 50 notes, so as you were. Now salivating at the thought of a beautiful whole roast turbot.... Enjoy.

Will do afce. I like to cook a hole turbot gently in plenty of olive oil. Yum.

Sir C
04-18-2020, 07:45 PM

Nice. I’ll get down rtw ASAP.

The Insider
07-24-2020, 12:47 PM

Is this place open again yet?

My pace is still T/A only - bugger!

Sir C
07-24-2020, 02:57 PM
Is this place open again yet?

My pace is still T/A only - bugger!

Not sure ti. I had a take away last week but didn’t notice if they were accepting eat in.

The unagi was fabulous.