PDA

View Full Version : SleepWIMB

The Insider
04-17-2020, 06:03 AM
It is just me or is it impossible to get a good night's sleep at the moment. I did a 14 hour day yesterday had a couple of brandies and nodded off about midnight. By 0400, I was wide awake again and had no joy getting back to sleep. This is the fourth time this week - really annoying!

IUFG
04-17-2020, 08:06 AM
It is just me or is it impossible to get a good night's sleep at the moment. I did a 14 hour day yesterday had a couple of brandies and nodded off about midnight. By 0400, I was wide awake again and had no joy getting back to sleep. This is the fourth time this week - really annoying!

sorry to hear that, ti.

my advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Sir C
04-17-2020, 08:07 AM

One used to be able to buy sleeping pills off tinternet. Good for relaxing at the end of a coke binge. :thumbup:

Burney
04-17-2020, 08:11 AM
One used to be able to buy sleeping pills off tinternet. Good for relaxing at the end of a coke binge. :thumbup:

Yes, the cheeky half a Valium at 4 in the morning used to be a bit of a lifesaver when it came to getting off to sleep.

IUFG
04-17-2020, 08:12 AM
Good for relaxing at the end of a coke binge. :thumbup:

www.comparethestrain.ca/effect/sleepy/

that's yer choice of medicine following heavy use of stimulants, sc

Billy Goat Sverige
04-17-2020, 08:14 AM

My 4 year old has been waking up at 05:30 for the past three weeks and he in turn wakes up the baby. It’s already light outside at that time so nobody can drift back off to sleep. Nightmare.

IUFG
04-17-2020, 08:16 AM
My 4 year old has been waking up at 05:30 for the past three weeks and he in turn wakes up the baby. It’s already light outside at that time so nobody can drift back off to sleep. Nightmare.

young kids getting up very early, eh?

we've all been through it, so, you have no sympathy from me, bgs :vsign:

I remember my daughter used to wake up at 5am at the weekend, not during the week, I'd get up with her and she'd be back asleep by 8am. the litttle shít :fume:

Sir C
04-17-2020, 08:19 AM
www.comparethestrain.ca/effect/sleepy/

that's yer choice of medicine following heavy use of stimulants, sc

:nono: There comes a point during a decent coke-fuelled weekend where only a complete knock out will serve. That point would generally come at around the 72 hour mark.

Sir C
04-17-2020, 08:21 AM
Yes, the cheeky half a Valium at 4 in the morning used to be a bit of a lifesaver when it came to getting off to sleep.

Zopiclone. That's the boy. Hideously addictive, apparently. :shrug: Never addicted me.

Honestly, people are just fúcking feeble. One of v's friends was recently sent to rehab for cocaine addiction. THERE IS NO PHYSICAL ADDICTION TO COCAINE! Grrrr. It's all just attention seeking.

Burney
04-17-2020, 08:28 AM
Zopiclone. That's the boy. Hideously addictive, apparently. :shrug: Never addicted me.

Honestly, people are just fúcking feeble. One of v's friends was recently sent to rehab for cocaine addiction. THERE IS NO PHYSICAL ADDICTION TO COCAINE! Grrrr. It's all just attention seeking.

Yes, the notion of psychological addiction has long been used as a handy excuse for being weak, I'm afraid.
No, you're not 'addicted' to cocaine/shopping/sex/gambling, you just like doing it too much and don't actually want to stop despite the negative consequences it's having on your life. That's not 'addiction', it's you being a twát.
If there aren't actual, physical withdrawal symptoms when you stop doing it, you weren't addicted to it.

Burney
04-17-2020, 08:31 AM

5.30am isn't particularly early, bgm. Most decent people should at least be considering wakefulness at 5.30 imo.

Luis Anaconda
04-17-2020, 08:37 AM
5.30am isn't particularly early, bgm. Most decent people should at least be considering wakefulness at 5.30 imo.

5.30am is still the night before, b

IUFG
04-17-2020, 08:40 AM

word, la.

anywon who considers awakening before 7am on a regular basis is a wrong un :judge:

Burney
04-17-2020, 08:42 AM

I must admit I find it to be one of the bitterest ironies of growing older that, while you are constantly knackered, you can't do lie-ins anymore. My body wakes me up at about five every morning, I then half doze until 6 and then I get up.

The one upside is that I now can do restorative 25-minute afternoon naps.

Sir C
04-17-2020, 08:44 AM
I must admit I find it to be one of the bitterest ironies of growing older that, while you are constantly knackered, you can't do lie-ins anymore. My body wakes me up at about five every morning, I then half doze until 6 and then I get up.

Hear him! Hear him! There have been times recently when i get in from my run and realise it’s not yet quite 6 a.m. Which feels odd.

Luis Anaconda
04-17-2020, 08:51 AM

:nod: Although recently I have had a really odd sleeping pattern. Not matter how early/late I go to sleep I am always wide awake at 3am for about an hour and then sleep really deeply until about 7 (and then snooze for at least an hour until my alarm goes off)

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
04-17-2020, 09:32 AM
:nono: There comes a point during a decent coke-fuelled weekend where only a complete knock out will serve. That point would generally come at around the 72 hour mark.

On crack comedowns in Columbia, all I had was this hard aniseedy spirit called aguadiente.