PDA

View Full Version : I have Ocado coming later. Are they doing anything weird with the deliveries like

Pat Vegas
04-09-2020, 08:26 AM
turning up in hazmat suits? or we have stand there akwardly at the door trying to avoid each other.

Luis Anaconda
04-09-2020, 08:29 AM
turning up in hazmat suits? or we have stand there akwardly at the door trying to avoid each other.

I think they knock on your door and run away - they have been taking advice from 13-year-olds from the 1970s

barrybueno
04-09-2020, 08:50 AM

How the fúck do you keep getting these deliveries P? Did you register as an 85 year old wheelchair bound woman :rubchin:

Pat Vegas
04-09-2020, 08:53 AM
How the fúck do you keep getting these deliveries P? Did you register as an 85 year old wheelchair bound woman :rubchin:

I was a smart pass member previously so they changed it to let you have a slot easier, it's still quite hit and miss.

Standing around a supermarket car park queuing to get in with loads of people doesn't seem good to me. I hate queuing at the best of times so standing there watching a bunch of precious people with masks and condesending looks is more than I can deal with.

barrybueno
04-09-2020, 08:54 AM
I think they knock on your door and run away - they have been taking advice from 13-year-olds from the 1970s

:hehe: Ah knock down ginger :cloud9: Gosh that sounds like a proper hate crime right there.

barrybueno
04-09-2020, 08:58 AM
I was a smart pass member previously so they changed it to let you have a slot easier, it's still quite hit and miss.

Standing around a supermarket car park queuing to get in with loads of people doesn't seem good to me. I hate queuing at the best of times so standing there watching a bunch of precious people with masks and condesending looks is more than I can deal with.

Yes must admit I will not be joining any Covid Conga lines during all this bollox. I can see the queue outside Waitrose from my front room window which is handy except that there always is one. Went to Lidls last Monday week in the afternoon, no queue and about 15 shoppers in there. It were great lad :thumbup:

Sir C
04-09-2020, 08:58 AM

No the just put the bags down on your doorstep and **** off smartish.

They’ve stopped delivering bottled water, the ****s.

Burney
04-09-2020, 09:02 AM

The Wine Society - having previously shown cowardice in the face of the enemy and stopped deliveries - finally delivered me a case of their claret last night. Clearly they got an absolute savaging from their members (me included) and have lost millions in revenue to their rivals who stayed open. Gobshítes.

Pat Vegas
04-09-2020, 09:09 AM

does that include tonic water? I have some of them on order.

Burney
04-09-2020, 09:14 AM
does that include tonic water? I have some of them on order.

Due to Tesco's 'Only 3 of the same items' horse****, it looks as though I'm going to have to go out and risk the bad AIDS in order to get tonic water this weekend. That or drink Negronis. Or mix gin with 7-Up.

Anyway. Fúck you Tesco!

Sir C
04-09-2020, 09:39 AM
Due to Tesco's 'Only 3 of the same items' horse****, it looks as though I'm going to have to go out and risk the bad AIDS in order to get tonic water this weekend. That or drink Negronis. Or mix gin with 7-Up.

Anyway. Fúck you Tesco!

Scotch and water for me. I braved Tesco yesterday for bottled water so I’m all good.

Burney
04-09-2020, 09:44 AM
Scotch and water for me. I braved Tesco yesterday for bottled water so I’m all good.

That summer when it was all hot, I took to drinking gin with loads of ice and that San Pellegrino lemonade. It were well nice.

barrybueno
04-09-2020, 09:44 AM

What's wrong with Thames Water from the tap you big girls blouse!

Sir C
04-09-2020, 09:45 AM

Tap water’s rank, b. It’s been drunk before and pissed out about 300 times. Eew.

Sir C
04-09-2020, 09:45 AM
That summer when it was all hot, I took to drinking gin with loads of ice and that San Pellegrino lemonade. It were well nice.

I take my gin with ginger beer these days. Slice of cucumber.

Burney
04-09-2020, 09:46 AM

It tastes shíte, is full of chalk and has been through thousands of urethras, bb.

Burney
04-09-2020, 09:49 AM

Nice. Will try. Any particular variety of ginger beer you'd recommend?

Luis Anaconda
04-09-2020, 09:56 AM

I don't mind a gin and orange juice - not a patch on a gin and tonic of course (the orange can be too overpowering), but needs must.

Sir C
04-09-2020, 09:59 AM

Fentimans. They do one with a splash of lime, which is nice.

barrybueno
04-09-2020, 10:03 AM
It tastes shíte, is full of chalk and has been through thousands of urethras, bb.

Well you both make a fair point but I'll stick with my second hand tap water. With the amount I drink I couldn't afford bottled water anyway and actually buying it all the time would piss me off. So there.

barrybueno
04-09-2020, 10:05 AM

No doubt if I dare mention Bitter Lemon you're all going to rip the píss?

Burney
04-09-2020, 10:12 AM
Well you both make a fair point but I'll stick with my second hand tap water. With the amount I drink I couldn't afford bottled water anyway and actually buying it all the time would piss me off. So there.

I have a sort of filtering system built into my plumbing. It requires me to feed huge amounts of salt into it for some reason. These come every few months - they just seem to appear in my porch. It's all very mysterious, but it means my water is drinkable and everything doesn't get limescaled to fúck, so :shrug:

Sir C
04-09-2020, 10:12 AM

Ooh I haven’t tasted bitter lemon in years, bb! I might get some in. Gin and bitter lemon... must be worth a go.

Burney
04-09-2020, 10:13 AM

God, I haven't tasted bitter lemon in donkey's years! What is the chemical they put into it that makes it taste so weird?

barrybueno
04-09-2020, 10:26 AM
I have a sort of filtering system built into my plumbing. It requires me to feed huge amounts of salt into it for some reason. These come every few months - they just seem to appear in my porch. It's all very mysterious, but it means my water is drinkable and everything doesn't get limescaled to fúck, so :shrug:

My old folks had similar in Shirley as the water was hard/soft? Bad for everything anyway. I've got a 3 litre jug with the filter thing in it although I stopped buying the filters 10 years ago so it's just a jug :hehe: Still nice to have freezing cold water all year round though.

Burney
04-09-2020, 10:27 AM
My old folks had similar in Shirley as the water was hard/soft? Bad for everything anyway. I've got a 3 litre jug with the filter thing in it although I stopped buying the filters 10 years ago so it's just a jug :hehe: Still nice to have freezing cold water all year round though.

If only we knew where one could get cheap Brita Water Filters, bb! :rubchin: :driving: :banghead:

barrybueno
04-09-2020, 10:29 AM
If only we knew where one could get cheap Brita Water Filters, bb! :rubchin: :driving: :banghead:

Is that a Nicosia reference? :hehe:

Burney
04-09-2020, 10:37 AM
Is that a Nicosia reference? :hehe:

It certainly is. A great day when he out-banaled even himself by discussing where to buy the cheapest water filters. :hehe:

barrybueno
04-09-2020, 10:49 AM
It certainly is. A great day when he out-banaled even himself by discussing where to buy the cheapest water filters. :hehe:

:clap: Classic stuff. RIP Nics' Awimb career. Retired too soon imo.

Burney
04-09-2020, 10:54 AM
:clap: Classic stuff. RIP Nics' Awimb career. Retired too soon imo.

Poor chap never got over being shown to have slagged off Sanchez before he joined Arsenal. To be shown to have participated in this act of pre-emptive disloyalty seemed to blow his mental fuses completely.

At one point I think he was reduced to accusing the mods of having doctored his post or something. :hehe:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-09-2020, 01:09 PM

Yep - what bb said - you big chlorine averse homo.

. . . . . . .

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-09-2020, 01:11 PM
That's a softener. You are supposed to have a feed that by-passes the softener for drinking water. Softened water is toxic.