PDA

View Full Version : So I felt crap over the weekend - sore throat, headache, temperature.

Burney
03-31-2020, 02:26 PM
Temperature spiked yesterday. "Here we go" thinks I.

So I go to bed last night feeling a bit rough and assuming things are going to get worse. I have some pretty freaky dreams (one featuring Sir C and him getting possessed and his arms going weird, but that's not important right now) and wake up this morning feeling...absolutely fine. Bit washed out, but basically fine. Temperature normal, sore throat gone.

So here's the question: Did I not have it and just have some sort of gay ordinary bug? Or did I have it, still have it and it's going to come back in some horrid form? Or have I just been really lucky and just had it incredibly mildly?

What do you think, Awimb?

Pat Vegas
03-31-2020, 02:42 PM

So I go to bed last night feeling a bit rough and assuming things are going to get worse. I have some pretty freaky dreams (one featuring Sir C and him getting possessed and his arms going weird, but that's not important right now) and wake up this morning feeling...absolutely fine. Bit washed out, but basically fine. Temperature normal, sore throat gone.

So here's the question: Did I not have it and just have some sort of gay ordinary bug? Or did I have it, still have it and it's going to come back in some horrid form? Or have I just been really lucky and just had it incredibly mildly?

It could be it. I am sure loads of us have already had it. When the full picture is known later on hopefully we won’t have to go through this nonsense again.

Tony C
03-31-2020, 02:42 PM
The mathematicians (nerds) reckon 80% of the population have been infected already.

So chances are you did get it.

I was feeling feverish yesterday so had a curry from my local :curry: felt perfectly fine today.

barrybueno
03-31-2020, 02:55 PM

I've read a few accounts of people feeling incredibly rough then absolutely fine followed by rough again. Saying it comes in waves, a sort of covid tsunami if you will. RIP B :cry:

Billy Goat Sverige
03-31-2020, 03:16 PM

Have you been out recently? If so you’ve probably had it. My girlfriends dad was sick for two weeks, her mum for about 10 days. Not much of a fever but they both had dry coughs and the rest. Me and the girlfriend felt like we were coming down with something and then next day we woke up and both felt fine. We found out on the weekend that a bloke at her dads work tested positive for covid-19 (although there’s four floors between them at work). Still, we probably all had it in one form or another.

Pat Vegas
03-31-2020, 03:20 PM
The mathematicians (nerds) reckon 80% of the population have been infected already.

So chances are you did get it.

I was feeling feverish yesterday so had a curry from my local :curry: felt perfectly fine today.

Then they need to test everyone and we can all get on with life.

7sisters
03-31-2020, 03:34 PM
Have you been out recently? If so you’ve probably had it. My girlfriends dad was sick for two weeks, her mum for about 10 days. Not much of a fever but they both had dry coughs and the rest. Me and the girlfriend felt like we were coming down with something and then next day we woke up and both felt fine. We found out on the weekend that a bloke at her dads work tested positive for covid-19 (although there’s four floors between them at work). Still, we probably all had it in one form or another.

I keep reading that the Swedish Govt don’t give a toss about their elderly and vulnerable.
Expendable damage ?

Billy Goat Sverige
03-31-2020, 03:45 PM
I keep reading that the Swedish Govt don’t give a toss about their elderly and vulnerable.
Expendable damage ?

They’ve just decided there’s no point putting everyone in lockdown because the end result will be the same. Some people will get it and some people will die. They put the responsibility on the individual rather than the government having to force it on everyone. They’ve put some restrictions in place like banning visits to old people’s homes and no public events with more than 50 people. The rest is guidance that they believe most will follow without having to enforce restrictions. Social distancing, stay at home for two weeks if you’re sick, work from home if you can. Most people have listened. It’s fairly empty in most places.

We’ve had 180 die so far, most over 80.

Burney
03-31-2020, 03:46 PM
Expendable damage ?

Well they've gone down the herd immunity route. If they come through without significantly higher numbers of deaths than the rest of us, there's going to be some serious explaining to do.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-31-2020, 03:48 PM

it returns like a pernicious demon. And in your dreams tonight Sir C will violently plunder your very bowels while a multi-headed Ganpz stands watching pitiless to your cries for help and chants Hindi obscenities.

Billy Goat Sverige
03-31-2020, 03:53 PM
Well they've gone down the herd immunity route. If they come through without significantly higher numbers of deaths than the rest of us, there's going to be some serious explaining to do.

I saw some speculation that they’re working off the basis that 80-90% are asymptomatic, or show so little symptoms that it won’t matter.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-31-2020, 03:57 PM

And if they emerge relatively unscathed we'll have some explaining to do. Taking into account the sparseness of the population of course. And the fact they aren't governed by thieving tory ****holes of course

Burney
03-31-2020, 04:06 PM
it returns like a pernicious demon. And in your dreams tonight Sir C will violently plunder your very bowels while a multi-headed Ganpz stands watching pitiless to your cries for help and chants Hindi obscenities.

Oh. :-( Well it's something to break the tedium, at least. :shrug:

Burney
03-31-2020, 06:22 PM
And if they emerge relatively unscathed we'll have some explaining to do. Taking into account the sparseness of the population of course. And the fact they aren't governed by thieving tory ****holes of course

Err...everyone has rejected herd immunity as a strategy, h. Indeed, it was mainly your lot who squealed at the very idea of ‘wanting the pensioners to die’. Twàts.

7sisters
03-31-2020, 06:34 PM
Err...everyone has rejected herd immunity as a strategy, h. Indeed, it was mainly your lot who squealed at the very idea of ‘wanting the pensioners to die’. Twàts.

But hang on.. Herd immunity is something of a given. NHS capacity is the over riding concern. Does this mean the Swedes have an unlimited supply of frontline staff, ventilators and beds ?

Billy Goat Sverige
03-31-2020, 07:19 PM
But hang on.. Herd immunity is something of a given. NHS capacity is the over riding concern. Does this mean the Swedes have an unlimited supply of frontline staff, ventilators and beds ?

They’re following a model and increasing hospital capacity as they go along. If they keep the curve below a certain line (maximum number of hospital/intensive care beds) then they’re fine. What they’ve been doing is adding restrictions as they go along if they see the curve is getting too close to said line and they feel the restrictions might help reduce the chance of going over it. It’s working so far.

Pokster
04-01-2020, 06:57 AM

I thought that was the route you wanted us to go down?

7sisters
04-01-2020, 07:51 AM

That seems untenable. Reports claim up to 80% of the population will contract it anyway, therefore the goal is in slowing it down.
If the Govt sticks to these measures, there’s an outside chance that these Nightingale units may not need to be fully utilised.

Burney
04-01-2020, 09:25 AM

That is rather the point of what I wrote. That we and every other country that's locked down would have some serious explaining to do if the Swedes end up doing not much worse than us.

Monty92
04-01-2020, 09:37 AM
That is rather the point of what I wrote. That we and every other country that's locked down would have some serious explaining to do if the Swedes end up doing not much worse than us.

Amazed how many people in this thread have misunderstood your point

Pokster
04-01-2020, 09:49 AM

No, you wanted us to go down Sweden's route, not that there would be explaining to do, you were happy if more people died if it protected the economy

Sir C
04-01-2020, 09:54 AM
No, you wanted us to go down Sweden's route, not that there would be explaining to do, you were happy if more people died if it protected the economy

To be frank, this is a peculiarly small minded stance to take.

Every day we decide to allow people to die for economic reasons. The NHS doesn’t have an open-ended budget, it allocates resource as best it can - and some people die. When there’s a famine in Africa we may send some aid, but the amount is limited to protect our economy, and people die.

Pearl-clutching and refusing to use your brain doesn’t change the pragmatic reality with which we all live.

Luis Anaconda
04-01-2020, 10:00 AM
Amazed how many people in this thread have misunderstood your point

I must admit, i read it wrongly the first time. Was early in the morning now. How's your old man holding up?

Burney
04-01-2020, 10:21 AM
I must admit, i read it wrongly the first time. Was early in the morning now. How's your old man holding up?

Bit personal, la.

Burney
04-01-2020, 10:27 AM

You keep using the word 'happy' in order to frame this as some sort of desire on my part for old people to die (and, incidentally, you as the virtuous one). In fact, I have two parents who've been in lockdown since the first week in March because they don't want to catch it. I desperately want them to be OK.

However, I am also able to pull my head out of my own arse long enough to see the damage we are doing to ourselves at the moment and ask whether, in the bigger picture this is a disproportionate response.

Nothing about any of it makes me 'happy'. So fúck off with that, OK?

Monty92
04-01-2020, 10:27 AM

He's moving down on Saturday for 3 months.

Wish me luck..................................

Monty92
04-01-2020, 10:30 AM
You keep using the word 'happy' in order to frame this as some sort of desire on my part for old people to die (and, incidentally, you as the virtuous one). In fact, I have two parents who've been in lockdown since the first week in March because they don't want to catch it. I desperately want them to be OK.

However, I am also able to pull my head out of my own arse long enough to see the damage we are doing to ourselves at the moment and ask whether, in macro terms, this is a disproportionate response.

I wonder how many of Pokster's type will, in the event of the government easing restrictions in the coming months, stubbornly remain in lockdown, given that they a) are so concerned about old people dying unnecessarily, and b) seem convinced that every decision the government makes must, by virtue of them being inherently evil Tories, be wrong

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-01-2020, 10:36 AM

Yes, me too. Almost as if b changed the wording of his original post ..Berni?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-01-2020, 10:39 AM
I wonder how many of Pokster's type will, in the event of the government easing restrictions in the coming months, stubbornly remain in lockdown, given that they a) are so concerned about old people dying unnecessarily, and b) seem convinced that every decision the government makes must, by virtue of them being inherently evil Tories, be wrong

Stop wacking your tongue up Berni's a-hole m - he still thinks you're a kunt

Burney
04-01-2020, 10:40 AM

I just wish people could grow up and have the sense to leave party politics/Brexit/whatever out of it and see it for what it is: a global problem that increasingly looks as though it's going to leave everyone in the same place regardless of what they do.

On which note, these numbers make interesting/depressing reading regarding the German anomaly. Suggests Germany is simply a week or so behind us.

#COVID19 death tolls
Germany yesterday: 583
Germany today: 732

UK five days ago: 578
UK four days ago: 759

Spain 14 days ago: 598
Spain 13 days ago: 767

Increasingly, the most striking thing about this crisis is not the difference between countries but the similarities. Apart from China, of course, but they're lying their arses off - which makes the readiness of various useful idiots in politics and the media to help them do so simply astonishing.

Burney
04-01-2020, 10:42 AM
Yes, me too. Almost as if b changed the wording of his original post ..Berni?

Yes. And I somehow managed to do so without leaving the stamp that makes it clear a post has been edited, did I?

That's much more likely than you being a semi-literate ****, h. :rolleyes:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
04-01-2020, 11:06 AM
Yes. And I somehow managed to do so without leaving the stamp that makes it clear a post has been edited, did I?

That's much more likely than you being a semi-literate ****, h. :rolleyes:

Well seeing as three people all misread it in exactly the same manner I merely posited the question, you deeply unpleasant rancorous old w@nker

Luis Anaconda
04-01-2020, 11:16 AM
Bit personal, la.

:snigger: vg b

Pokster
04-01-2020, 11:17 AM

Pokster's type??? What type is that then? So the fact that I think the Govt is actually doing about as well as it could in these times rather ruins your jumped up ****ty response doesn't it.. ****, you ,not the Govt

Pokster
04-01-2020, 11:19 AM

However, I am also able to pull my head out of my own arse long enough to see the damage we are doing to ourselves at the moment and ask whether, in the bigger picture this is a disproportionate response.

OK, not happy (sorry if that was the wrong word). You'd rather the economy was protected rather than the measures put in place so far

Luis Anaconda
04-01-2020, 11:19 AM
He's moving down on Saturday for 3 months.

Wish me luck..................................

Good luck, M. I don't envy you. One of the advantages of having three older (and much richer) sisters is that any semblance I might be responsible for parental care is simply laughed off

barrybueno
04-01-2020, 11:24 AM
Good luck, M. I don't envy you. One of the advantages of having three older (and much richer) sisters is that any semblance I might be responsible for parental care is simply laughed off

I'd imagine moving to the Fatherland helps as well. You crafty genius LA ;-)

Luis Anaconda
04-01-2020, 11:26 AM
I'd imagine moving to the Fatherland helps as well. You crafty genius LA ;-)

One of them lives in Australia tbf - that really is cheating

Burney
04-01-2020, 11:57 AM
OK, not happy (sorry if that was the wrong word). You'd rather the economy was protected rather than the measures put in place so far

Not even that, actually. I just think we need to have an adult discussion about just what size of long-term hit to our way of life and standard of living we as a society are prepared to take relative to the threat posed by this disease. And by ‘adult’ I mean ‘not immediately hijacked by people accusing others who are trying to take a coldly dispassionate view of the likely outcomes of being heartless bàstards who want old people to die’.

Monty92
04-01-2020, 12:21 PM
Not even that, actually. I just think we need to have an adult discussion about just what size of long-term hit to our way of life and standard of living we as a society are prepared to take relative to the threat posed by this disease. And by ‘adult’ I mean ‘not immediately hijacked by people accusing others who are trying to take a coldly dispassionate view of the likely outcomes of being heartless bàstards who want old people to die’.

Saying that, we had an electrician in a couple of weeks ago and as we were discussing the developing situation he said "You know, in a funny kind of way, I hope my old ma gets it". We asked him why, assuming he'd tell us that she had severe dementia or some other condition that had left her with a terrible quality of life. Imagine our surprise when he coldly replied, "I f*cking hate her".

redgunamo
04-01-2020, 08:33 PM
Wait a minute; you have THREE older sisters? :-(

Luis Anaconda
04-02-2020, 08:07 AM
Wait a minute; you have THREE older sisters? :-(

I do r - I'm four years younger than the youngest of them as well