PDA

View Full Version : C, you promised to tell me today if you really are collecting the 4 horses of the

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
03-25-2020, 12:13 PM
apocalypse in your back garden.

You've now added Plague to your castrated Famine. When are War and Death showing up?

Luis Anaconda
03-25-2020, 12:34 PM

You've now added Plague to your castrated Famine. When are War and Death showing up?
Would be nice if he calls the next one Binky

03-25-2020, 12:45 PM
Would be nice if he calls the next one Binky

Good idea.

I was thinking of the bit in Good Omens when the 4 horsemen turn up. But I could also see C as Crowley, a gent in a vintage motor who's actually a demon of hell but trying to thwart his satanic boss.

The BBC Radio adaptation of that was actually rather good. All their Pratchetts were. Much better than the various channels' telly attempts.

Anyway, C hasn't answered. Do you reckon that's because he's been rumbled? Have War and Death been quarantined before he can get his beelzebubian mitts on them?

Luis Anaconda
03-25-2020, 01:20 PM
Good idea.

I was thinking of the bit in Good Omens when the 4 horsemen turn up. But I could also see C as Crowley, a gent in a vintage motor who's actually a demon of hell but trying to thwart his satanic boss.

The BBC Radio adaptation of that was actually rather good. All their Pratchetts were. Much better than the various channels' telly attempts.

Anyway, C hasn't answered. Do you reckon that's because he's been rumbled? Have War and Death been quarantined before he can get his beelzebubian mitts on them?
I thought the recent adaptation of Good Omens was rather fantastic (and, yes, there is something of the Crowley in Sir C :hehe: ). Radio adaptation is fantastic as well - as is the one of Night Watch, which I think is my favourite.

The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse are indeed in Good Omens, joined by the Four ( Big Ted, Pigbog, Greaser and Scuzz.)

As for Sir C, I suspect he is plotting the End of Times now. I believe he is down to his last 40 bottles of wine

Sir C
03-25-2020, 01:53 PM

I’m here, g. I’ve been tending to my beasties. Betty is a kind, gentle and polite pony who was rescued by the RSPCA from someone who wasn’t looking after her properly. She needs some care and some building up, but she’s an absolute sweetheart and she loves cuddles and coming for walks around the field. When I pick her hooves I don’t even need to pull a fetlock - just tap her leg and she lifts the hoof for inspection.

Barney is still a cheeky young chap but is entirely good natured and he also loves cuddles, showing his face into the crook of my arm and blowing his warm, hay-scented breath at me.

They’re happily sharing their field with the extended fox family we’ve been feeding for several years, countless rabbits several pheasants and numerous birds.

Outside my kitchen window is a true Little Eden. It makes me choke up sometimes when I look outside.

I’ve said it for years, g. People are vile. Beasties is best.

03-25-2020, 01:54 PM
I thought the recent adaptation of Good Omens was rather fantastic (and, yes, there is something of the Crowley in Sir C :hehe: ). Radio adaptation is fantastic as well - as is the one of Night Watch, which I think is my favourite.

The Four Horseman of the Apocalypse are indeed in Good Omens, joined by the Four ( Big Ted, Pigbog, Greaser and Scuzz.)

As for Sir C, I suspect he is plotting the End of Times now. I believe he is down to his last 40 bottles of wine

I didn't watch it. I saw a glimpse and it all seemed a bit CGI. I think with things like that, unless they spend an absolute fortune, it's better to leave it to the imagination with book or radio.

On the radio, the voice of Crowley was, well, I was gonna say divine, but I suppose I should just say stunning. Sounded just like I imagined Crowley would.

Also, Adam/Damian's dad was played by Arthur Dent.

Yes, there is a touch of Crowley about C. But he's not turned up today. Maybe the 4 horsemen have turned up with Famine and Plague riding pillion, looking for the two lost horses. Poor lad could have trouble explaining that away to four irate demons.

But if they turn up just before the 2ndd Coming, does that mean Bergkamp's coming back to us?

Luis Anaconda
03-25-2020, 02:02 PM
I didn't watch it. I saw a glimpse and it all seemed a bit CGI. I think with things like that, unless they spend an absolute fortune, it's better to leave it to the imagination with book or radio.

On the radio, the voice of Crowley was, well, I was gonna say divine, but I suppose I should just say stunning. Sounded just like I imagined Crowley would.

Also, Adam/Damian's dad was played by Arthur Dent.

Yes, there is a touch of Crowley about C. But he's not turned up today. Maybe the 4 horsemen have turned up with Famine and Plague riding pillion, looking for the two lost horses. Poor lad could have trouble explaining that away to four irate demons.

But if they turn up just before the 2ndd Coming, does that mean Bergkamp's coming back to us?

Crowley on the radion was Peter Serafinowicz - truly exceptional voice for radio. And Mark Heap was Azarephale - also one of my favourite actors

barrybueno
03-25-2020, 02:08 PM
That’s so beautiful C, I’m almost in tears. And I agree about humans v animals, always thought that and always will

Sir C
03-25-2020, 02:21 PM
That’s so beautiful C, I’m almost in tears. And I agree about humans v animals, always thought that and always will

You know dat b. You’ll be surrounded by wildlife when you’re in the sticks too!

Burney
03-25-2020, 02:34 PM

I’m here, g. I’ve been tending to my beasties. Betty is a kind, gentle and polite pony who was rescued by the RSPCA from someone who wasn’t looking after her properly. She needs some care and some building up, but she’s an absolute sweetheart and she loves cuddles and coming for walks around the field. When I pick her hooves I don’t even need to pull a fetlock - just tap her leg and she lifts the hoof for inspection.

Barney is still a cheeky young chap but is entirely good natured and he also loves cuddles, showing his face into the crook of my arm and blowing his warm, hay-scented breath at me.

They’re happily sharing their field with the extended fox family we’ve been feeding for several years, countless rabbits several pheasants and numerous birds.

Outside my kitchen window is a true Little Eden. It makes me choke up sometimes when I look outside.

Hmmm. Dunno. What about bats and all their bat AIDS? Bats can fúck off.

And thon parasitic wasps that convinced Darwin there was no benign God? They're nasty c@nts.

Luis Anaconda
03-25-2020, 02:50 PM

And thon parasitic wasps that convinced Darwin there was no benign God? They're nasty c@nts.
And swans - swans are ****s aren't they b

Burney
03-25-2020, 02:52 PM

:nod: They look nice, but they'll break your arm soon as look at you, la.

03-25-2020, 03:43 PM

That's good, C. I agree about people vs beasties.

But:

Betty is a kind, gentle and polite pony who was rescued by the RSPCA from someone who wasn’t looking after her properly

Are you sure this person who was mistreating the poor thing wasn't the Demon of Plague? You know, perhaps she got miffed with him sneezing over her all the time.

I'm glad you look after the foxes like the glw and I do. When we were living in Streatham, our garden backed onto some car garages. There had been a giant tree that covered the garage roofs, but that came down one day. The tree covering meant that grass grew on the roofs and when the tree went, we could see that was where the foxes' den was.

One winter, there was fresh snow. And the vixen and two cubs came out as I was looking out of the window. Seeing those little bundles of brown and orange joy all roll and snuggle together in the white virgin snow was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen.

But promise me, C. If a large chap in a black cape with a scythe turns up demanding his horsey back, please don't put up a fight. We'd hate to lose you in that manner.

03-25-2020, 03:44 PM
Crowley on the radion was Peter Serafinowicz - truly exceptional voice for radio. And Mark Heap was Azarephale - also one of my favourite actors

Agreed about his voice. Anything else you liked him in, off the top of your head? I could have a gander on YouTube.

03-25-2020, 03:47 PM

No more parasitic than the average Tory, B.

And the bats' aids wouldn't have been an issue if Johnny Chink hadn't been mistreating them and the pangolins. It's therefore all the fault of the Tibet-invading fascists. The beasties are innocent. C, BB and I are right. Beasties are better than Chinks. :judge:

03-25-2020, 03:49 PM

Actually, you're right about swans, LA.

One festie in France, we went off to a lake and did loads of acid. There were ducks and geese and a couple of swans. They look lovely, the swans, but they're just like raggas.

They just glided across the lake and whenever they saw a duck or goose nearby, they went after it and tried to mug it. Vicious båstards, imo.

Luis Anaconda
03-25-2020, 03:55 PM
Agreed about his voice. Anything else you liked him in, off the top of your head? I could have a gander on YouTube.

World Of Pub on the radio and TV is great (think he is only in one series on the radio).

He did a brilliant Tomorrow's World spoof Look Around You on the telly too

03-25-2020, 04:00 PM
World Of Pub on the radio and TV is great (think he is only in one series on the radio).

Will have a look, cheers.

03-25-2020, 04:31 PM

This world of pub is wicked.

barrybueno
03-25-2020, 05:07 PM

yeah wasps, flies and magpies can rot in hell. Not a fan of centipedes either.

Luis Anaconda
03-26-2020, 09:05 AM
This world of pub is wicked.

:thumbup: Glad you liked it

03-26-2020, 10:46 AM
:thumbup: Glad you liked it

They really have got the look of a Cockney pub with two barmen and the regular talking together.

Btw, in the first episode the police sniper shoots two innocent people. A bit like in 4 Lions during the marathon.

Genuine question. Do they ever use that trope in US telly and film comedies?

What I'm sort of asking is if the Yanks can't make jokes about police shooting innocent people because it actually happens. It probably wouldn't be funny to viewers seeing police shoot innocent blacks. But do they ever do it even with white victims? I don't really watch US films or tv but I did as a kid and I never remember that being done, despite it being quite common in GB comedy.

I know this is a stupid question, but I'm just trying to work something out.

btw, which of the barmen is Crowley? The fat, slow one or the other one.