PDA

View Full Version : :bogrollwimb: Any selfish hoarding wánkers amongst us here?

barrybueno
03-16-2020, 11:17 AM
Let's be honest now folks...

Pat Vegas
03-16-2020, 11:18 AM

You have to buy what you can find.

Sir C
03-16-2020, 11:19 AM

I just don't understand why people need extra toilet roll.

I say again. I just don't understand it.

Pat Vegas
03-16-2020, 11:22 AM

Because the news tell you about it, So you think a) what a bunch of idiots buying all the toilet paper b) I better get some toilet paper.

Burney
03-16-2020, 11:23 AM

I think it displays the sheer abundance to which we've all become used. As a society, we're so incapable of envisaging what an actual crisis looks like that we think running out of lavatory paper (a substance, lest we forget, without which mankind managed pretty successfully up until about the last hundred years) is what one looks like.

barrybueno
03-16-2020, 11:27 AM
Because the news tell you about it, So you think a) what a bunch of idiots buying all the toilet paper b) I better get some toilet paper.

It's definitely a snowball effect. I read yesterday about how bog roll is just about the worst real estate product in the supermarket as in how cheap it is and how much space it takes up. Meaning they generally don't have loads out at any time meaning it becomes noticable when people buy even a bit more than usual, hence panic.

barrybueno
03-16-2020, 11:29 AM

I suppose people assume they might be indoors a lot more than usual in the coming weeks but yeah I agree, how much more do these ****s think they need?

Burney
03-16-2020, 11:32 AM
I suppose people assume they might be indoors a lot more than usual in the coming weeks but yeah I agree, how much more do these ****s think they need?

We are a household of two people. We probably go through maybe 3 rolls per week (women :rolleyes: ). By that estimate, I reckon we have enough to last us around 10-12 weeks. And that's without any hoarding. :shrug:

Monty92
03-16-2020, 11:51 AM
We are a household of two people. We probably go through maybe 3 rolls per week (women :rolleyes: ). By that estimate, I reckon we have enough to last us around 10-12 weeks. And that's without any hoarding. :shrug:

It feels counter-intuitive that women would use more loo roll than men. What's the deal there?

Do they use it for non-toilet related things like make-up?

Burney
03-16-2020, 11:53 AM
It feels counter-intuitive that women would use more loo roll than men. What's the deal there?

Do they use it for non-toilet related things like make-up?

Errr, because they use it every time they have a píss, m. We don't.

Monty92
03-16-2020, 12:02 PM
Errr, because they use it every time they have a píss, m. We don't.

That must equal about 6-10 sheets a day. And they tend to sh*t about once a week as far as I've ever been able to discern.

It doesn't add up.

Burney
03-16-2020, 12:07 PM
That must equal about 6-10 sheets a day. And they tend to sh*t about once a week as far as I've ever been able to discern.

It doesn't add up.

m, I can assure you that the female of the species differs not one iota from the male in terms of the number of bowel movements they have. They may be less overt about it, but they're definitely still shítting.

Tony C
03-16-2020, 12:08 PM
I’ve added tampons and baby food to my stockpile

Freeeeeeeee money.

Baby food is the best...you can sell it to the old people too. Also if we see a curfew or quarantine enforced then there could be shortage of baby food a year from now...know that I mean. Now could be the time to buy. Also tastes pretty good so could just eat it myself :shrug:

Tampons...just a straight up gamble...no idea what these women will decide to use instead.

-

By the way...anyone see the idiot who bought 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer? Amazon and eBay deleted his account and now he’s stuck with them.

ROOKIE ERROR...oh dear

barrybueno
03-16-2020, 12:45 PM
You have to buy what you can find.

Just back from my local Lidl, none in there :cry: They been limiting 1 purchase per customer since Saturday and having daily deliveries. Are these ****s queuing up before it opens :hehe:

Pat Vegas
03-16-2020, 12:53 PM
Just back from my local Lidl, none in there :cry: They been limiting 1 purchase per customer since Saturday and having daily deliveries. Are these ****s queuing up before it opens :hehe:

They are indeed.

barrybueno
03-16-2020, 12:59 PM
I’ve added tampons and baby food to my stockpile

Freeeeeeeee money.

Baby food is the best...you can sell it to the old people too. Also if we see a curfew or quarantine enforced then there could be shortage of baby food a year from now...know that I mean. Now could be the time to buy. Also tastes pretty good so could just eat it myself :shrug:

Tampons...just a straight up gamble...no idea what these women will decide to use instead.

-

By the way...anyone see the idiot who bought 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer? Amazon and eBay deleted his account and now he’s stuck with them.

ROOKIE ERROR...oh dear

One could say they washed their hands of him :cooper:

WES
03-16-2020, 01:05 PM

It doesn't add up.

They also have to be more careful with how they wipe i.e. front to back, to avoid getting poo-poo in their noo-noo.

I'd assume this adds to the amount used.