PDA

View Full Version : Fo ryears I've been fascinated by how, in time of war,

Sir C
03-13-2020, 11:46 AM
the unimaginable quickly becomes the norm. I'm often struck by the experience of September 1939 - how a governement decree closing theatres seems hugely disconcerting to me, but in the context of a world war quickly became the new normal.

I see football's been cancelled then.

barrybueno
03-13-2020, 11:49 AM
the unimaginable quickly becomes the norm. I'm often struck by the experience of September 1939 - how a governement decree closing theatres seems hugely disconcerting to me, but in the context of a world war quickly became the new normal.

I see football's been cancelled then.

And F1, wtf am I meant to do/watch at weekends now C?

And don't say go for a walk! I can't afford a pony/horse either...

Sir C
03-13-2020, 11:53 AM

Have you considered going to the pub and having a couple of pints?

Burney
03-13-2020, 11:55 AM

Presumably you still have a right hand and a broadband connection, b?

Pokster
03-13-2020, 12:03 PM

but what about the other 23hrs 55 mins

Monty92
03-13-2020, 12:05 PM
but what about the other 23hrs 55 mins

Surely five minutes for a w*nk is fairly standard? I mean, you hardly need to bother with foreplay.

In summary, I'm not sure this is the zinger you intended.

barrybueno
03-13-2020, 12:10 PM
Have you considered going to the pub and having a couple of pints?

Weekend pub drinking, interesting.

PS. How long before they close all the pubs? :yikes:

Pat Vegas
03-13-2020, 12:11 PM

I will self isolate the **** out of it.

barrybueno
03-13-2020, 12:12 PM

I can manage 2 maybe 3 a day B but what about the rest of the time? I'll end up reading books at this rate :nothappy:

Burney
03-13-2020, 12:16 PM
I can manage 2 maybe 3 a day B but what about the rest of the time? I'll end up reading books at this rate :nothappy:

My greatest concern is running out of wine. I don't want to have to start drinking the good stuff due to shortages and isolation and whatnot.

barrybueno
03-13-2020, 12:21 PM
My greatest concern is running out of wine. I don't want to have to start drinking the good stuff due to shortages and isolation and whatnot.

'kin right. If you self isolate who brings you food and wine etc? I suppose you keep it quiet and keep the home deliveries coming.

Luis Anaconda
03-13-2020, 12:26 PM

Christ that's a point - only thing in my apartment at the moment, alcohol-wise is a bottle of tequila. On the plus side, it will probably kill all known germs

Burney
03-13-2020, 12:33 PM
Christ that's a point - only thing in my apartment at the moment, alcohol-wise is a bottle of tequila. On the plus side, it will probably kill all known germs

I did an inventory last night. I've got two bottles of cooking whisky and a full decanter of the good stuff. I've about a bottle or so of gin, one of brandy, one of Vodka and open bottles of port, Cointreau, Cinzano, Martini Rosso, tequila, sherry, Cachaca and various other random shít like Schipper Bitter, Maraschino liqueur and - God help us all - Unicum.

Luis Anaconda
03-13-2020, 01:38 PM
I did an inventory last night. I've got two bottles of cooking whisky and a full decanter of the good stuff. I've about a bottle or so of gin, one of brandy, one of Vodka and open bottles of port, Cointreau, Cinzano, Martini Rosso, tequila, sherry, Cachaca and various other random shít like Schipper Bitter, Maraschino liqueur and - God help us all - Unicum.

:hehe: I've got a couple of bottles of gin and two very good bottles of wine in my office. Should do all right. Also some Jägermeister :yikes: and some green stuff which I am not entirely sure about