PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, who is the HR manager here?

PSRB
03-05-2020, 11:12 AM
called in for a "catch up" at 12.45, so far 2 guys have been sent straight home and told not to say anything. Sounds ominous

Burney
03-05-2020, 11:12 AM
called in for a "catch up" at 12.45, so far 2 guys have been sent straight home and told not to say anything. Sounds ominous

iufg's yer man.

IUFG
03-05-2020, 11:27 AM

they've probably got the bad aids, psrb

IUFG
03-05-2020, 11:30 AM

wait and see what is said.

If you wish, feel free to drop me a PM after your meeting :thumbup:

PSRB
03-05-2020, 11:31 AM
wait and see what is said.

If you wish, feel free to drop me a PM after your meeting :thumbup:

Cheers fella. Think it's redundancy. Nice day for the pub though

IUFG
03-05-2020, 11:35 AM

As many recruiters are currently telling me..."What a great time to be made redundant"

And they are correct. High levels of employment, people are scarce*.

* people, good people, are becoming expensive

Sir C
03-05-2020, 11:36 AM

Fingers crossed for you p. You've been there a fair while, haven't you? Should be due a nice lump?

Pat Vegas
03-05-2020, 11:46 AM

most likely they have been sent home to self isolate.

Pat Vegas
03-05-2020, 11:46 AM
As many recruiters are currently telling me..."What a great time to be made redundant"

And they are correct. High levels of employment, people are scarce*.

* people, good people, are becoming expensive

Not so good in the travel industry though :-(

IUFG
03-05-2020, 11:50 AM
Not so good in the travel industry though :-(

change industry, f, always nice to see how the 'others' do things...

Pat Vegas
03-05-2020, 12:37 PM
change industry, f, always nice to see how the 'others' do things...

It’s really a hard one to get out of. However I love my current role

Herbert Augustus Chapman
03-05-2020, 02:14 PM

you can. When they go down the tubes in a year there's nothing left.

Luis Anaconda
03-05-2020, 02:28 PM
you can. When they go down the tubes in a year there's nothing left.

That's what eventually did in my last job - was probably right to do so. Pissing the best part of two years' wages up the wall in six months was probably wrong though

WES
03-05-2020, 03:37 PM
That's what eventually did in my last job - was probably right to do so. Pissing the best part of two years' wages up the wall in six months was probably wrong though

I thought you got sacked for being drunk all the time?

dismalswamp
03-05-2020, 08:06 PM
Sounds like they've been 'put at risk', given gardening leave and told not to tell anyone. The 'don't tell anyone' is usually on the back of the 'we haven't told all involved, so please don't let them find out from another source before we do, to protect then etc'. It's utter *******s and it is completely up to the individuals in the situation whether they make it be made publicly known or not. They can tell whoever the hell they like, and probably should as most employers have completely inept HR staff on little over minimum wage that will make several glaring technical ****-ups that will increase the compensation amount of anyone that fights the redundancy. Little tip here, in that most employers opening gambit on any hearing is to throw an extra 5K on the table, to try and wrap up the process early on. The cost of preparing meetings, answering questions, then having to adjourn and come back with verified answers for another meeting the following week over and over can soon add up, so the 5K is small fry...

Good look in your current situation.

IUFG
03-06-2020, 09:50 AM
Sounds like they've been 'put at risk', given gardening leave and told not to tell anyone. The 'don't tell anyone' is usually on the back of the 'we haven't told all involved, so please don't let them find out from another source before we do, to protect then etc'. It's utter *******s and it is completely up to the individuals in the situation whether they make it be made publicly known or not. They can tell whoever the hell they like, and probably should as most employers have completely inept HR staff on little over minimum wage that will make several glaring technical ****-ups that will increase the compensation amount of anyone that fights the redundancy. Little tip here, in that most employers opening gambit on any hearing is to throw an extra 5K on the table, to try and wrap up the process early on. The cost of preparing meetings, answering questions, then having to adjourn and come back with verified answers for another meeting the following week over and over can soon add up, so the 5K is small fry...

Good look in your current situation.

talking of utter bollócks, d.

"...as most employers have completely inept HR staff on little over minimum wage that will make several glaring technical ****-ups"

and not really best practice to put someone on gardening leave just because they are at risk of redundancy - sort of makes things look a leeeeeetel beeet fait accompli, don't yer think?

barrybueno
03-06-2020, 09:54 AM

It's the age old classic, which came first - the redundancy or the drinking?

IUFG
03-06-2020, 09:55 AM
It's the age old classic, which came first - the redundancy or the drinking?

the funding for the drinking has to come from somewhere, b :lager:

Burney
03-06-2020, 09:59 AM
talking of utter bollócks, d.

"...as most employers have completely inept HR staff on little over minimum wage that will make several glaring technical ****-ups"

and not really best practice to put someone on gardening leave just because they are at risk of redundancy - sort of makes things look a leeeeeetel beeet fait accompli, don't yer think?

You must be pretty unusual, i, in being in HR and a/ not being female and b/ not being insufferably woke.

I speak as someone who has to attend the HR Awards every year and is almost invariably outnumbered 4 to 1 by humourless chicks who'd scream harassment if you so much as complimented them on their dress (not that I would, due to so many of them being fierce munters).

IUFG
03-06-2020, 10:11 AM
You must be pretty unusual, i, in being in HR and a/ not being female and b/ not being insufferably woke.

I speak as someone who has to attend the HR Awards every year and am almost invariably outnumbered 4 to 1 by humourless chicks who'd scream harassment if you so much as complimented them on their dress (not that I would, due to so many of them being fierce munters).

It is a female dominated discipline, b, that is for sure.
However, whenever I go to 'networking opportunities' :sigh: I'd say half the top HR bosses are blokes

There is being aware of 'woke issues' and saying and doing the right thing...then there is the personal thoughts of the utter madness of much of it that I cannot verbalise in public.

I think I've said before on here, some of the biggest monsters and psychopaths in suits I've come across in my career are HR workers. Mostly women (with or without a pen15, I didn't ask) in my experience.

Burney
03-06-2020, 10:18 AM
It is a female dominated discipline, b, that is for sure.
However, whenever I go to 'networking opportunities' :sigh: I'd say half the top HR bosses are blokes

There is being aware of 'woke issues' and saying and doing the right thing...then there is the personal thoughts of the utter madness of much of it that I cannot verbalise in public.

I think I've said before on here, some of the biggest monsters and psychopaths in suits I've come across in my career are HR workers. Mostly women (with or without a pen15, I didn't ask) in my experience.

:nod: Oh, yes. I think I told you about the one I used to work with and tried to sympathise when we were having a round of redundancies back in 2009, saying 'It must be hard' sort of thing, only for her to fix my eye with a maniacal glare and tell me with near-orgasmic enthusiam how much she was enjoying it as 'This is what I trained for!'

Fúcking psycho bitch.

IUFG
03-06-2020, 10:26 AM
:nod: Oh, yes. I think I told you about the one I used to work with whom I tried to sympathise when we were having a round of redundancies back in 2009, saying 'It must be hard' sort of thing, only for her to fix my eye with a maniacal glare and tell me with near-orgasmic enthusiam how much she was enjoying it as 'This is what I trained for!'

Fúcking psycho bitch.

Don't get me wrong, it can be (professionally) interesting to do something huge like close a site and make 500+ people's jobs redundant, but to actually have no empathy for the people going through it is, how shall we say, presenting emotional detachment.

You can sack people with dignity and respect. Doesn't take much effort, tbh.

Trouble is, a lot of HR people don't treat employees and workers with dignity and respect.

WES
03-06-2020, 11:43 AM
Don't get me wrong, it can be (professionally) interesting to do something huge like close a site and make 500+ people's jobs redundant, but to actually have no empathy for the people going through it is, how shall we say, presenting emotional detachment.

Trouble is, a lot of HR people don't treat employees and workers with dignity and respect.

My boss was the subject of an HR investigation recently. She's phenomenal b1tch from Goldman Sachs who is not only hated by pretty much everyone, but who is also grossly incompetent and only in her position because her boss is her best mate (also from GS).

I was warned that no matter how badly she was murdered in the investigation, HR would rally around the senior manager and bury the results. I spoke to three other people who were interviewed and we all caned her.

Outcome? As you would expect from HR, absolutely f*ck all. :shrug:

Burney
03-06-2020, 11:52 AM

In my experience, they seem happier regarding employees as resources than as humans.

IUFG
03-06-2020, 12:56 PM
Outcome? As you would expect from HR, absolutely f*ck all. :shrug:

I have one rule.

Always do the right thing.

In a case where HR investigate - they are never (well, should never be) the decision maker. You can only investigate and present the evidence as observed by the investigating officer and make recommendations.

I assume you reviewed and signed off your evidence?

It is the person who commissioned the investigation or chaired the disciplinary hearing who did absolutely f*ck all, I'd guess there, w.

Luis Anaconda
03-06-2020, 01:15 PM

The part I was best at

AFC East
03-06-2020, 02:32 PM
:nod: Oh, yes. I think I told you about the one I used to work with and tried to sympathise when we were having a round of redundancies back in 2009, saying 'It must be hard' sort of thing, only for her to fix my eye with a maniacal glare and tell me with near-orgasmic enthusiam how much she was enjoying it as 'This is what I trained for!'

Fúcking psycho bitch.

It's been some time since I was in a position where redundancy was a possibility, but I'd still ****ing love to roll in a series of HR managers and tell them they are 'at risk' and to **** off home with a cardboard box full of the photos of their ugly children and stress balls.

Not including the nice man in HR from this thread of course.

IUFG
03-06-2020, 03:03 PM
It's been some time since I was in a position where redundancy was a possibility, but I'd still ****ing love to roll in a series of HR managers and tell them they are 'at risk' and to **** off home with a cardboard box full of the photos of their ugly children and stress balls.

Not including the nice man in HR from this thread of course.

:hehe: we're all part of it at some point.

I closed a factory with many of the employees telling me "it's alright for you" during the consultation meetings.

It was me who then had to drive the 50+ miles to head office to be told my position was redundant too.

My boss then asked me to work my notice period, once everyone else had gone, so I could manage the asset disposal from the site.

I said "no"

They offered me a huge retainer on top of my redundancy pay plus made my notice PILON.

I said "yes" :cloud9:

AFC East
03-06-2020, 03:18 PM
They offered me a huge retainer on top of my redundancy pay plus made my notice PILON.

I said "yes" :cloud9:

Fvck it, you're in as well.

IUFG
03-06-2020, 04:44 PM
Fvck it, you're in as well.

:vsign: it wasn't not my fault their negotiations weren't fully thought through before the conversation.

IUFG
03-09-2020, 09:57 AM

anywon heard from psrb?