PDA

View Full Version : Why does there always seem to be such a nasty edge to the Portsmouth crowd?

Sir C
03-03-2020, 09:52 AM
It's not that they're loud, it's that they're vile.

Mocking a bloke being stretchered off is pretty low, but I noticed every time we had a throw in, our player was confronted by fiercely angry adult men, faces twisted in rage, screeching abuse... why? We're hardly rivals, are we?

I know there was a history of fighting between Arsenal and Portsmouth fans in the 1930s but surely they've got over whetever that was about by now?

Luis Anaconda
03-03-2020, 09:56 AM

Mocking a bloke being stretchered off is pretty low, but I noticed every time we had a throw in, our player was confronted by fiercely angry adult men, faces twisted in rage, screeching abuse... why? We're hardly rivals, are we?

I know there was a history of fighting between Arsenal and Portsmouth fans in the 1930s but surely they've got over whetever that was about by now?
Stuart McFarlane (Arsenal photographer) put a photo on instagram of two kids with their dad (or possibly carer) making ****er signs at Guendozi. Kids must have been about 10 and 8. Dad's face is contorted with rage. Presumably Matteo had taken another free kick ten centimetres from where it should have been

Burney
03-03-2020, 09:57 AM

Was leading tattooed, bell-wielding, antiquarian bookseller John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood there?

Sir C
03-03-2020, 09:58 AM
Stuart McFarlane (Arsenal photographer) put a photo on instagram of two kids with their dad (or possibly carer) making ****er signs at Guendozi. Kids must have been about 10 and 8. Dad's face is contorted with rage. Presumably Matteo had taken another free kick ten centimetres from where it should have been

Maybe that's just what the locals are like. Is Portsmouth the Stoke of the south coast, one wonders? I think I've only been there once. With b, to visit HMS Victory :cloud9: :goodtimez:

Pat Vegas
03-03-2020, 09:58 AM

Last night felt like I had gone back in time and I instantly remembered how annoying they are.
Also this constant cheering gimmick even when you are losing is actually very boring. they'd be much better served going outside the ground and moaning on youtube about their club.

Sir C
03-03-2020, 09:59 AM
Was leading tattooed, bell-wielding, antiquarian bookseller John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood there?

Didn't notice him, actually. Now I come to think of it I don't remember hearing his bell.

Hopefully the ****'s dead.

Pat Vegas
03-03-2020, 09:59 AM

To be fair he does seem a bit of a :****er:

IUFG
03-03-2020, 10:00 AM

Hopefully, the **** is swinging beneath the Spinnaker Tower...

Sir C
03-03-2020, 10:01 AM
Last night felt like I had gone back in time and I instantly remembered how annoying they are.
Also this constant cheering gimmick even when you are losing is actually very boring. they'd be much better served going outside the ground and moaning on youtube about their club.

Not only irritating Portsmouth fans last night. There was also Mike Dean and Jermaine Jenas. :-(

IUFG
03-03-2020, 10:02 AM
There was also Mike Dean and Jermaine Jenas. :-(

:shudder: #cnutfest

Burney
03-03-2020, 10:07 AM
Maybe that's just what the locals are like. Is Portsmouth the Stoke of the south coast, one wonders? I think I've only been there once. With b, to visit HMS Victory :cloud9: :goodtimez:

:nod: I bought you a sex toy.

Burney
03-03-2020, 10:10 AM
Hopefully, the **** is swinging beneath the Spinnaker Tower...

I mean I always assume that such 'characters' who associate themselves with football clubs are sex criminals, so he might be in prison.

There was that bloke in the top hat who used to rock up to England games. He was a nonce. And I was always pretty certain that the hard drives of people like 'Bully' and that 'Half kit man' who used to be Arsenal 'personalities' wouldn't bear close examination.

Sir C
03-03-2020, 10:11 AM
:nod: I bought you a sex toy.

You did! Vicky's father found it terribly confusing, I remember.

We had lunch sitting outside a pub. It was as rough as fúck.

Burney
03-03-2020, 10:14 AM
You did! Vicky's father found it terribly confusing, I remember.

We had lunch sitting outside a pub. It was as rough as fúck.

That's right. It was on sale in a vending machine in the bogs and I thought it was the least I could do to get it for you after you'd driven us down there. I'm nice like that.

I seem to remember that if you over-inflated it, its vagina prolapsed amusingly. Is that why her dad was confused?

Luis Anaconda
03-03-2020, 10:16 AM
I mean I always assume that such 'characters' who associate themselves with football clubs are sex criminals, so he might be in prison.

There was that bloke in the top hat who used to rock up to England games. He was a nonce. And I was always pretty certain that the hard drives of people like 'Bully' and that 'Half kit man' who used to be Arsenal 'personalities' wouldn't bear close examination.

Basso - I seem to see him at every game I go to (not that there are too many these days - only one since Arsène left)

Luis Anaconda
03-03-2020, 10:17 AM
To be fair he does seem a bit of a :****er:

Absolutely - but he's our ****er, p. The putting the ball down in that manner was funny though

Burney
03-03-2020, 10:19 AM
Basso - I seem to see him at every game I go to (not that there are too many these days - only one since Arsène left)

That's the chap. You used to see him at virtually every game, the massive wrongcóck.

IUFG
03-03-2020, 10:19 AM

half and half kit man is almost certainly a wrong un.

I used to clock him a few times at away games back in the day. I always wondered what was in his carrier bag...

Burney
03-03-2020, 10:25 AM
half and half kit man is almost certainly a wrong un.

I used to clock him a few times at away games back in the day. I always wondered what was in his carrier bag...

Presumably his mum stitched that together for him? I mean I'm obviously assuming he didn't have a wife.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
03-03-2020, 10:27 AM

Bully doesn't do AFTV anymore cause he thinks the big black lad is just making a fortune by showing the scum of london without sharing it around. Probably the most intelligent thing he said pre washing machine.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
03-03-2020, 10:32 AM
That's the chap. You used to see him at virtually every game, the massive wrongcóck.

Is the Rodger picture still about?

Burney
03-03-2020, 10:35 AM
Bully doesn't do AFTV anymore cause he thinks the big black lad is just making a fortune by showing the scum of london without sharing it around. Probably the most intelligent thing he said pre washing machine.

I mean, he invented the platform, invested in the equipment, took the time, expense and effort to build and monetise the brand. Meanwhile, a bunch of attention-seeking cretins were happy to provide him with content for free. Why exactly should he 'share it around'? It's not like there's any shortage of know-nothing c@nts ready to puke their ignorant bile into a microphone in exchange for nothing more than recognition by their fellow mongs, so if anyone doesn't like it, they're welcome to fúck off.

'Share it around'! Fúcking communists.

PSRB
03-03-2020, 10:36 AM
Absolutely - but he's our ****er, p. The putting the ball down in that manner was funny though

Most amusing, the fact it pissed Mike Dean off made it more amusing

Burney
03-03-2020, 10:36 AM
I mean, he invented the platform, invested in the equipment, took the time, expense and effort to build and monetise the brand. Meanwhile, a bunch of attention-seeking cretins were happy to provide him with content for free. Why exactly should he 'share it around'? It's not like there's any shortage of know-nothing c@nts ready to puke their ignorant bile into a microphone in exchange for nothing more than recognition by their fellow mongs, so if anyone doesn't like it, they're welcome to fúck off.

I haven't seen it in ages. Thing is, no-one can actually remember Rodger posting anything other than his uber-noncey picture.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
03-03-2020, 10:41 AM

I reckon you could actually make decent money by creating a rival channel and then just put all of Robbie's regulars on a wage and have them make tits of themselves exclusively for you.
:Jew:

PSRB
03-03-2020, 10:42 AM
Didn't notice him, actually. Now I come to think of it I don't remember hearing his bell.

Hopefully the ****'s dead.

Nope, he was there. Saw in a crowd scene towards the end. I could also hear the f'ing bell

PSRB
03-03-2020, 10:44 AM
Not only irritating Portsmouth fans last night. There was also Mike Dean and Jermaine Jenas. :-(

Blatantly gave Luiz MotM to indicate that we'd been under the cosh for the entire match!

****, him, not you.

Luis Anaconda
03-03-2020, 10:45 AM
Blatantly gave Luiz MotM to indicate that we'd been under the cosh for the entire match!

****, him, not you.

I think every one was surprised by that. Shouldn't have been - Jenas is a ****

Burney
03-03-2020, 10:48 AM
I reckon you could actually make decent money by creating a rival channel and then just put all of Robbie's regulars on a wage and have them make tits of themselves exclusively for you.
:Jew:

Yes. They're thick enough that they'd probably accept a pittance, too.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
03-03-2020, 11:56 AM
Yes. They're thick enough that they'd probably accept a pittance, too.

A contract of a steak dinner and pint (on a tuesday) at Wetherspoons per interview.