PDA

View Full Version : On the bright side, if Coronavirus really kicks off, they'll have to call a halt to

Burney
02-28-2020, 12:58 PM
the season and Liverpool will be denied their first title in 30 years. :cloud9:

Well worth a few hundred million dead that imo.

barrybueno
02-28-2020, 02:13 PM

Been discussing this with a few folks for a while :hehe: I was thinking more like a few hundred Northerners dead though.

On the downside I can honestly see the 2020 Euros being scrapped soon :angry:

Burney
02-28-2020, 02:18 PM
Been discussing this with a few folks for a while :hehe: I was thinking more like a few hundred Northerners dead though.

Can you imagine how scousers would react? :hehe: They'd be certain it was some sort of Hillsborough-related conspiracy.

barrybueno
02-28-2020, 02:23 PM
Can you imagine how scousers would react? :hehe: They'd be certain it was some sort of Hillsborough-related conspiracy.

Imagine the memorial service? I reckon they'd change their strip to black and have 2 minutes silence before every game for the rest of time...

Pokster
02-28-2020, 02:25 PM

IAHYK :vsign:

Sir C
02-28-2020, 02:28 PM

Why is everyone panicking? Surely the death of 2% of the world's population will be good for the environment?

Burney
02-28-2020, 02:32 PM
Why is everyone panicking? Surely the death of 2% of the world's population will be good for the environment?

Well it’s already cut China’s CO2 emissions by 25% apparently. So that’s nice.

Anyway, as I’m bored of explaining to people, it isn’t going to cut the world’s population by 2%. At the moment, it’s showing a 2% death rate among recorded cases - which isn’t anywhere near the same as the actual number of cases. Also, far from everyone who might get it is actually getting it. And most of the deaths are - as usual - the old and those with pre-existing respiratory conditions.

Pokster
02-28-2020, 02:35 PM
Well it’s already cut China’s CO2 emissions by 25% apparently. So that’s nice.

Anyway, as I’m bored of explaining to people, it isn’t going to cut the world’s population by 2%. At the moment, it’s showing a 2% death rate among recorded cases - which isn’t anywhere near the same as the actual number of cases. Also, far from everyone who might get it is actually getting it. And most of the deaths are - as usual - the old and those with pre-existing respiratory conditions.

Loads more people will have had it not knowing they had it and just thought it was a cold.... more likely now that everyone will be asking to be tested if they sneeze once.

I'm waiting for them to tell us all to work from home for 2 months...then realise I can't work from home

Burney
02-28-2020, 02:41 PM
Loads more people will have had it not knowing they had it and just thought it was a cold.... more likely now that everyone will be asking to be tested if they sneeze once.

I'm waiting for them to tell us all to work from home for 2 months...then realise I can't work from home

:nod: Well in case no-one's noticed, a pretty gnarly coldy-fluey thing has been doing the rounds for quite a few weeks already, leading to fairly massive levels of absenteeism at my workplace. Has anyone run the rule over that?

barrybueno
02-28-2020, 02:51 PM
IAHYK :vsign:

ok ok, Let's keep it to mancs and scousers. Shirley you're in the clear now?

Luis Anaconda
02-28-2020, 03:05 PM

Well, I can see the upside there, but all these deaths aside, do you know the real victims here. Journalists trying to plan magazines with large amount of travel content. Absolute mare

IUFG
02-28-2020, 03:08 PM
Well, I can see the upside there, but all these deaths aside, do you know the real victims here. Journalists trying to plan magazines with large amount of travel content. Absolute mare

Quit your moaning, la.

the pub is open :lager:

Burney
02-28-2020, 03:10 PM

:nod: I got an all-expenses paid invite out to Bologna the other day. Can't go now, can I? Company rules say no. :-(

Luis Anaconda
02-28-2020, 03:20 PM
:nod: I got an all-expenses paid invite out to Bologna the other day. Can't go now, can I? Company rules say no. :-(

*******s to that - always quite wanted to go to Bologna. I'm off to try a 5-star hotel in Malaga next week. Spain best stay clean

barrybueno
02-28-2020, 03:30 PM
*******s to that - always quite wanted to go to Bologna. I'm off to try a 5-star hotel in Malaga next week. Spain best stay clean

Haven't you heard? Tenerife's got it, you is fúcked innit. :homer:

Burney
02-28-2020, 03:38 PM

To be fair, it'll probably have killed the Pope by then, so who knows?

barrybueno
02-28-2020, 03:39 PM
Quit your moaning, la.

the pub is open :lager:

Of course! You fúckíng genius! Here I am lying on the sofa like a berk when there's a pub 3 minutes away, cheers :lager:

WES
02-28-2020, 03:45 PM

Just had to cancel my trip to Bangalore :nod:

Gutted - I was salivating about another trip to Dhaba :eat: