PDA

View Full Version : Cheery, upbeat people can fúck off, can't they?

Burney
02-25-2020, 10:17 AM
Smiley cvnts.

Pokster
02-25-2020, 10:19 AM
Smiley cvnts.

I'd have thought an hour in your company would stop them being cheery or upbeat :)

Burney
02-25-2020, 10:23 AM
I'd have thought an hour in your company would stop them being cheery or upbeat :)

I do my best to ensure that is the case, yes. I just can't stand people who are constantly upbeat. I assume they're either stupid, masking some inner misery or that there's something wrong with them.

Pokster
02-25-2020, 10:27 AM
I do my best to ensure that is the case, yes. I just can't stand people who are constantly upbeat. I assume they're either stupid, masking some inner misery or that there's something wrong with them.

That is why when you ask someone how they are and they say fine, your idea of fine might be always happy and coping with life easily, their idea of fine could be hardly coping and usually downbeat. So the same answer between 2 different people gives a false idea of how the other one really is.

Amazing what you learn on mental health when a charity comes into the lads football academy to talk to 9 yr olds about mental health

Burney
02-25-2020, 10:33 AM
That is why when you ask someone how they are and they say fine, your idea of fine might be always happy and coping with life easily, their idea of fine could be hardly coping and usually downbeat. So the same answer between 2 different people gives a false idea of how the other one really is.

Amazing what you learn on mental health when a charity comes into the lads football academy to talk to 9 yr olds about mental health

Surely the problem here is that we've foolishly raised people in such a way that they expect happiness to be a norm? It isn't and never has been throughout human history. To my mind, the reason we have (non-clinical) problems around the issue today is because of people's absurdly raised expectations.

Pokster
02-25-2020, 10:37 AM
Surely the problem here is that we've foolishly raised people in such a way that they expect happiness to be a norm? It isn't and never has been throughout human history. To my mind, the reason we have (non-clinical) problems around the issue today is because of people's absurdly raised expectations.

I assume it is better understanding now that means we have far more cases of mental health issues than ever before. Treatment is also better so more people are now seeking help.

Living with someone who has suffered depression and stress for the last 7-8 years opens your eyes on how we perceive others around us, i know I have spoken out about twitter before, but social media perception of others does impact on people's lives.

Burney
02-25-2020, 10:46 AM
I assume it is better understanding now that means we have far more cases of mental health issues than ever before. Treatment is also better so more people are now seeking help.

Living with someone who has suffered depression and stress for the last 7-8 years opens your eyes on how we perceive others around us, i know I have spoken out about twitter before, but social media perception of others does impact on people's lives.

Clinical depression is a very different matter to what I'm talking about, though. It is a genuine chemical imbalance and must be treated accordingly.
I'm talking about the general perception of the issue now, whereby (generally young) people will tell you they suffer with stress and anxiety as though these are actual conditions and you'll be there thinking 'Well of course you do. You're a human being and those are customary aspects of the human condition that do not require medicalisation, but are merely obstacles that we overcome as part of daily life if we are to be successful'.
Unfortunately, I think discussion of mental health means we're raising (or have raised) a generation of weaklings who now consider the normal vicissitudes of life to be obstacles that cannot be surmounted without medical intervention and thus are not learning the necessary coping mechanism of stoicism and humour in the face of adversity. And, to be frank, I think that talking to a room full of 9 year-old boys who just want to kick a football around about mental health is very much part of the problem.

Pokster
02-25-2020, 10:51 AM
Clinical depression is a very different matter to what I'm talking about, though. It is a genuine chemical imbalance and must be treated accordingly.
I'm talking about the general perception of the issue now, whereby (generally young) people will tell you they suffer with stress and anxiety as though these are actual conditions and you'll be there thinking 'Well of course you do. You're a human being and those are customary aspects of the human condition that do not require medicalisation, but are merely obstacles that we overcome as part of daily life if we are to be successful'.
Unfortunately, I think discussion of mental health means we're raising (or have raised) a generation of weaklings who now consider the normal vicissitudes of life to be obstacles that cannot be surmounted without medical intervention and thus are not learning the necessary coping mechanism of stoicism and humour in the face of adversity. And, to be frank, I think that talking to a room full of 9 year-old boys who just want to kick a football around about mental health is very much part of the problem.

I agree in the whole...don't agree on the last bit. The club are doing everything they can to get the boys just want to kick a football around and enjoy it (obviously no heading!), they are alos understanding that the boys do feel stress (mostly from thje parents) who dream that their lad can become a PL player nad earn millions, most rational people know that the chances are about 0.1% of all the boys there, but pressure is put upon them, they are introduced to people as h "he's Johnny and he's a footballer" .

It's all a duty of care by the club, and if it opens the eyes of 1 parent about what they potentially might be doing to their son then it is worth it.

Burney
02-25-2020, 11:00 AM
I agree in the whole...don't agree on the last bit. The club are doing everything they can to get the boys just want to kick a football around and enjoy it (obviously no heading!), they are alos understanding that the boys do feel stress (mostly from thje parents) who dream that their lad can become a PL player nad earn millions, most rational people know that the chances are about 0.1% of all the boys there, but pressure is put upon them, they are introduced to people as h "he's Johnny and he's a footballer" .

It's all a duty of care by the club, and if it opens the eyes of 1 parent about what they potentially might be doing to their son then it is worth it.

Yes, fair enough. Although I'm not sure all the talks in the world can overcome that sort of shít parenting.

Luis Anaconda
02-25-2020, 11:03 AM
Smiley cvnts.

Don't really have that problem here

Burney
02-25-2020, 11:14 AM
Don't really have that problem here

Do you not have any of those big, bluff, disgustingly cheery, red-faced Germans who talk loudly, laugh and slap you on the back or shoulder while wearing eye-wateringly ugly sports jackets?

You know the sort. The Gert Fröbe type. Usually played hapless POW camp commandants in war movies.

Luis Anaconda
02-25-2020, 11:21 AM
Do you not have any of those big, bluff, disgustingly cheery, red-faced Germans who talk loudly, laugh and slap you on the back or shoulder while wearing eye-wateringly ugly sports jackets?

You know the sort. The Gert Fröbe type. Usually played hapless POW camp commandants in war movies.

Actually it is Fasching today so the city is full of people in wacky costumes. I'm going to sleep for the afternoon and hope they tired themselves out before the football starts tonight

Burney
02-25-2020, 11:26 AM
Actually it is Fasching today so the city is full of people in wacky costumes. I'm going to sleep for the afternoon and hope they tired themselves out before the football starts tonight

I remember being over there a few years ago during that and wondering what the fúck was going on. It was all over the telly. Every channel seemed to have some sort of unbelievably shít variety show attended by píssed, boot-faced, middle-aged Germans. It was like gazing into the seventh circle of Hell.

HoddGooner
02-25-2020, 11:36 AM

Which academy? Per is very committed to such things at Arsenal and all the players (and family) get lots of education and support facilities around this.

Monty92
02-25-2020, 11:39 AM
Yes, fair enough. Although I'm not sure all the talks in the world can overcome that sort of shít parenting.

One refreshing aspect of moving out of London has been that this kind of stuff is notably more absent. I've not heard a peep about "mental health" from my boy's football organisation, which in all other areas is highly vocal as a community voice.

The only people trying to push it are the tiny cohort of middle class parents at the school.

Burney
02-25-2020, 11:45 AM
One refreshing aspect of moving out of London has been that this kind of stuff is notably more absent. I've not heard a peep about "mental health" from my boy's football organisation, which in all other areas is highly vocal as a community voice.

The only people trying to push it are the tiny cohort of middle class parents at the school.

:nod: It's just a particularly twisted form of virtue-signalling, really. And they're using their kids to do it. Munchausen's-by-proxy motherfúckers that they are.

Monty92
02-25-2020, 11:51 AM
:nod: It's just a particularly twisted form of virtue-signalling, really. And they're using their kids to do it. Munchausen's-by-proxy motherfúckers that they are.

I think I've previously shared the story about the headmaster at my son's old school in Highgate who said that nothing makes him more proud than when one of his pupils says that they're off for a "councelling session" with the school's Pastoral Support Officer. :puke:

Meanwhile the school was being infiltrated by an actual *****phile :hehe:

Burney
02-25-2020, 11:59 AM
I think I've previously shared the story about the headmaster at my son's old school in Highgate who said that nothing makes him more proud than when one of his pupils says that they're off for a "councelling session" with the school's Pastoral Support Officer. :puke:

Since when did nonces have to ‘infiltrate’ schools? Schools (along with children’s homes, scout huts and the priesthood) are their natural habitat, surely?
It’s not a proper education unless you’ve spent part of it nonce-dodging imo. :nod:

Monty92
02-25-2020, 12:04 PM
Since when did nonces have to ‘infiltrate’ schools? Schools (along with children’s homes, scout huts and the priesthood) are their natural habitat, surely?
It’s not a proper education unless you’ve spent part of it nonce-dodging imo. :nod:

He was a local nanny (or "manny", as he liked to call himself) and worked for several parents at the school.

He was also overtly gay and had bright green hair. I believe the phrase is "asking for it". :rolleyes:

Burney
02-25-2020, 12:19 PM
He was a local nanny (or "manny", as he liked to call himself) and worked for several parents at the school.

He was also overtly gay and had bright green hair. I believe the phrase is "asking for it". :rolleyes:

Yes, I remember. It's almost as if some of those base instincts and unchecked reactions that people like to call phobias might have some foundation in survival instinct, isn't it? If your instant reaction to the idea of a male nanny is to be suspicious, there are good reasons for that based on the much, much higher likelihood of males to commit sex crimes against children than females.
There's a very good book called 'The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence' that points this out. It makes it clear that our fear responses have evolved over millions of years and that ignoring or overriding them for fear of being rude, racist or whatever is a bad idea. So, for instance, if a lone woman walks into a deserted car park late at night and sees a group of black youths hanging around, she is right to listen to her survival instincts and to turn around and get the fúck out of there because it's really not worth getting raped and/or murdered when the alternative scenario is that you might cause some offence.
These are very unpopular ideas in a modern context, of course, because they prioritise self-protection and commonsense over the risk of offending people.

Pokster
02-25-2020, 12:24 PM
Which academy? Per is very committed to such things at Arsenal and all the players (and family) get lots of education and support facilities around this.

Dirty Leeds....very well run academy and ranks second in England for player developmant

Monty92
02-25-2020, 12:25 PM
Yes, I remember. It's almost as if some of those base instincts and unchecked reactions that people like to call phobias might have some foundation in survival instinct, isn't it? If your instant reaction to the idea of a male nanny is to be suspicious, there are good reasons for that based on the much, much higher likelihood of males to commit sex crimes against children than females.
There's a very good book called 'The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence' that points this out. It makes it clear that our fear responses have evolved over millions of years and that ignoring or overriding them for fear of being rude, racist or whatever is a bad idea. So, for instance, if a lone woman walks into a deserted car park late at night and sees a group of black youths hanging around, she is right to listen to her survival instincts and to turn around and get the fúck out of there because it's really not worth getting raped and/or murdered when the alternative scenario is that you might cause some offence.
These are very unpopular ideas in a modern context, of course, because they prioritise self-protection and commonsense over the risk of offending people.

Yes, I think the chap who wrote that was on the Sam Harris podcast, before you decided you hated him because he has too much intellectual depth for your tastes.

To be fair, it's not a fear response that's evolved over millions of years that would cause me to get the fúck out of a deserted car park full of black youths. It's half-a-decade of formal education surrounded by the c*nts.

HoddGooner
02-25-2020, 12:26 PM
Excellent, good luck to the young man

Burney
02-25-2020, 12:30 PM
Yes, I think the chap who wrote that was on the Sam Harris podcast, before you decided you hated him because he has too much intellectual depth for your tastes.

To be fair, it's not a fear response that's evolved over millions of years that would cause me to get the fúck out of a deserted car park full of black youths. It's half-a-decade of formal education surrounded by the c*nts.

Yes, but the point is that your fear responses are based on what you know rather than what you think you ought to think. As such, they are best listened to.

Talking of which, Sam Harris is a noncey-sounding cvnt and I wouldn't leave him alone with any child of mine.

Monty92
02-25-2020, 12:33 PM
Yes, but the point is that your fear responses are based on what you know rather than what you think you ought to think. As such, they are best listened to.

Talking of which, Sam Harris is a noncey-sounding cvnt and I wouldn't leave him alone with any child of mine.

Actually, I did give momentary pause for thought to my Sam Harris obsession when he recently declared that he has more respect for Osama Bin Laden than Donald Trump :rolleyes:

Burney
02-25-2020, 12:42 PM
Actually, I did give momentary pause for thought to my Sam Harris obsession when he recently declared that he has more respect for Osama Bin Laden than Donald Trump :rolleyes:

Well yes. That's because he has no sense of humour. You have to have a sense of humour to appreciate The Donald's qualities.

Monty92
02-25-2020, 12:45 PM
Well yes. That's because he has no sense of humour. You have to have a sense of humour to appreciate The Donald's qualities.

He does have a sense of humour. It's just drier than a peppermint fart.

Burney
02-25-2020, 12:55 PM
He does have a sense of humour. It's just drier than a peppermint fart.

I doubt he's ever deliberately made anyone laugh and his laugh is that of a man who knows he is expected to laugh, but doesn't really understand the mechanics of it.
No, he's a creepy fúcker and no mistake.

Monty92
02-25-2020, 01:01 PM
I doubt he's ever deliberately made anyone laugh and his laugh is that of a man who knows he is expected to laugh, but doesn't really understand the mechanics of it.
No, he's a creepy fúcker and no mistake.

I can't disagree with that summation with any true conviction.

However, what I would say is that Sam probably views people like you in the same way you view cheery, upbeat people.

7sisters
02-25-2020, 01:19 PM

He’s probably aligned to that chap running the school that welcomes costumed trannies to read books to juniors. 🙄

barrybueno
02-25-2020, 01:21 PM
Smiley cvnts.

I'd rather live in a country of smiley types than Roy Keanes tbh. However ****s like these really take the biscuit>

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/life-coach-couple-nick-and-eva-speakman-680410

Burney
02-25-2020, 02:09 PM
I'd rather live in a country of smiley types than Roy Keanes tbh. However ****s like these really take the biscuit>

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/local-news/life-coach-couple-nick-and-eva-speakman-680410

Awwww! It's nice that the other Chuckle Brother has found a female impersonator with whom he can spend his twilight years.