PDA

View Full Version : I left a home game at half time once.

Sir C
02-20-2020, 01:39 PM
It was an evening game against Chelsea. It was pissing with rain and the wind was blowing the water in under the roof. At half time we were 2 down and the second half was only going to go one way... I thought, "Fúck this for a game of tin soldiers" and fúcked off.

I was tucked up nice and warm at home with a glass of something in hand inside an hour.

I REGRET NOTHING!

When were you a bad football supporrter? Confess, you monster! Get it off your chest.

Burney
02-20-2020, 02:07 PM
It was an evening game against Chelsea. It was pissing with rain and the wind was blowing the water in under the roof. At half time we were 2 down and the second half was only going to go one way... I thought, "Fúck this for a game of tin soldiers" and fúcked off.

I was tucked up nice and warm at home with a glass of something in hand inside an hour.

I REGRET NOTHING!

When were you a bad football supporrter? Confess, you monster! Get it off your chest.

I can honestly say I've never left a football game early. I have, however, left test matches early, thinking that the opposition were about to pile runs on rather boringly, only for them to collapse the minute I enter the Tube station.

Luis Anaconda
02-20-2020, 02:12 PM

I REGRET NOTHING!

I've only left two games early but only five minutes at most before the end and one I went back in

1 Leeds (h) Dec 1993 - the last throes of George's time, Vince "Coco the ****" Bartram in goal. Phil Masinga double. PHIL MASINGA ffs
2 Bayern Munich (a) Feb 2005 In the old Olympic Stadium, about -20 and we were three nil down. My mate was whining like a little bitch about the cold so we decided to leave. Just about to go down the steps at the back of stand when there was a roar, went back to see who had go their fourth but in fact Kolo was celebrating

Of course, there are quite a few matches in our Il Bacio days when I might as well have not gone, so little of the games did I recall

IUFG
02-20-2020, 02:17 PM

I REGRET NOTHING!

I've never left an Arsenal match early. :saint:

I once told a bloke I didn't recognise to get out of our company seats in club level. Only to realise at half time that we were sat in the wrong row.

The bloke apologised and moved. Strange.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-20-2020, 02:26 PM

I REGRET NOTHING!

thugs who started singing"Arsenal where are you?" I joined in with them c. I pretended to actually be one of them. I am a coward and a poltroon :-(

Sir C
02-20-2020, 02:29 PM
thugs who started singing"Arsenal where are you?" I joined in with them c. I pretended to actually be one of them. I am a coward and a poltroon :-(

:hehe: Remember when the police used to divide Tottenham High Road in two - Arsenal down one side and Spurs down the other? I once walked out of WHL with my mate and as we left the stadium we realised that somehow we'd ended up on the wrong side of the road.

The abuse I hurled at Arsenal fans that day had to be heard to be believed :hehe:

Burney
02-20-2020, 02:36 PM

Did you not give yourself away by speaking a language recognisable as English, h?

I once watched us come back from 0-2 down in the Cup from the North Bank of Upton Park. When Merse equalised I jumped in the air and, just as a cheer was about to escape my lips, I managed to strangle it so that it ended up sounding something like 'YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAOUUUUUCUUUUNTTT!'

I still got some fúcking iffy looks.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
:hehe: I got lucky at Boro - similar situation but my red 'n white scarf was like a lot of theirs and, thank feck, I didn't wear any silkies that day. A few got picked off on the way to the station simply because of their silkies - they just didn't do them.

IUFG

Whoooah there, h.

I have sat on my hands in the home stands at Arsenal away matches in my time . . . but this?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-20-2020, 02:40 PM
Did you not give yourself away by speaking a language recognisable as English, h?

I once watched us come back from 0-2 down in the Cup from the North Bank of Upton Park. When Merse equalised I jumped in the air and, just as a cheer was about to escape my lips, I managed to strangle it so that it ended up sounding something like 'YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAOUUUUUCUUUUNTTT!'

I still got some fúcking iffy looks.

Geordie grandad b. I can do a half decent toon accent and when you're chanting no-one notices

IUFG
02-20-2020, 02:42 PM
:hehe: I got lucky at Boro - similar situation but my red 'n white scarf was like a lot of theirs and, thank feck, I didn't wear any silkies that day. A few got picked off on the way to the station simply because of their silkies - they just didn't do them.

What a horrible, horrible place that is.

That pub near the new ground, The Navigation? inhabited by some of the most feral looking knuckle-draggers I've ever seen.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-20-2020, 02:44 PM
Whoooah there, h.

I have sat on my hands in the home stands at Arsenal away matches in my time . . . but this?

We are talking bang smack in the middle of the Gallowgate mob I. Being so outnumbered didn't mean nothing because just one of them could probably have done about ten of us. THey were bigger, older, meaner, uglier. Most of them had no front teeth ( not a joke).

7sisters
02-20-2020, 02:56 PM
Geordie grandad b. I can do a half decent toon accent and when you're chanting no-one notices

So you didn’t crown the occasion by initiating a chorus of the Blaydon Races ?

IUFG
02-20-2020, 03:02 PM
We are talking bang smack in the middle of the Gallowgate mob I. Being so outnumbered didn't mean nothing because just one of them could probably have done about ten of us. THey were bigger, older, meaner, uglier. Most of them had no front teeth ( not a joke).

You probably got a better view than the away fans though, h.

It is like watching an old sensible soccer match from up there...

https://classicreload.com/sites/default/files/styles/game_image/public/dosx-international-sensible-soccer-screenshot.png?itok=8mIdddzN

Herbert Augustus Chapman
02-20-2020, 03:49 PM
So you didn’t crown the occasion by initiating a chorus of the Blaydon Races ?

You jogged my memory 7. QPR had a version of that in the 70's and instead of 'Gannin' alang the "Scotswood Rurd" they were "Runnin along the Uxbridge Road - All the lad and lasses there, with there smiling faces, running along the Uxbridge road, to see The Queens Park Rangers"

The Insider
02-20-2020, 04:11 PM
In 2001 I got ejected from the Arsenal end of the old Bayern ground during the first half of our last second phase group match. I had been heavily on it it with some wonderful Germans in a nearby bar (dedicated to Charlton Athletic of all things) and swapped scarves with one of the aforementioned hun which I wore in the ground. The Polizei assumed that I was one of them and my inability to talk did nothing to persude them of my Englishness and I was thrown out. On a positive note Lyon couldn't beat Spartak and so we qualified for the QFs and we spent the rest of the night is a strip club/brothel with a group of Munich 1860 fans - football eh!!

Sir C
02-20-2020, 04:35 PM
In 2001 I got ejected from the Arsenal end of the old Bayern ground during the first half of our last second phase group match. I had been heavily on it it with some wonderful Germans in a nearby bar (dedicated to Charlton Athletic of all things) and swapped scarves with one of the aforementioned hun which I wore in the ground. The Polizei assumed that I was one of them and my inability to talk did nothing to persude them of my Englishness and I was thrown out. On a positive note Lyon couldn't beat Spartak and so we qualified for the QFs and we spent the rest of the night is a strip club/brothel with a group of Munich 1860 fans - football eh!!

This is far from shameful behaviour ti. This is fine work!