02-07-2020, 09:59 AM
always knew it.

Tony C
02-07-2020, 10:04 AM
Well...at least he ain’t gone full Bruce Jenner on us

Burney
02-07-2020, 10:14 AM
always knew it.

To be honest, it never occurred to me that he wasn't a screaming bender. :shrug: I'm more shocked to find that he had a wife and kids.

PSRB
02-07-2020, 10:57 AM
To be honest, it never occurred to me that he wasn't a screaming bender. :shrug: I'm more shocked to find that he had a wife and kids.

:nod: otherwise there would be no excuse for not slinging it up Holly Willoughby

Burney
02-07-2020, 11:08 AM
:nod: otherwise there would be no excuse for not slinging it up Holly Willoughby

I do feel a bit bad that I realised Philip Schofield was gay apparently before he did. I feel as though if I'd just told him a few years ago, I could have saved him a lot of trouble. :shrug:

Yesterday Once More
02-07-2020, 11:11 AM
It could of course be a cunning way of getting to share a dressing-room with his co-host.

IUFG
02-07-2020, 11:13 AM
always knew it.

well, blow me.

Who next, David Walliams..? :rolleyes:

Monty92
02-07-2020, 11:13 AM
I do feel a bit bad that I realised Philip Schofield was gay apparently before he did. I feel as though if I'd just told him a few years ago, I could have saved him a lot of trouble. :shrug:

Why do men who live their lives as straight before later coming out escape accusations of homophobia?

Surely denying your own homosexuality out of shame or disgust is about as homophobic as it gets?

Burney
02-07-2020, 11:23 AM
Why do men who live their lives as straight before later coming out escape accusations of homophobia?

Surely denying your own homosexuality out of shame or disgust is about as homophobic as it gets?

Dunno, but them's the rules. We've all got to say how stunning and brave it is to deceive your friends, wife and children for decades about the fact that you're a rapacious knob-gobbler before eventually coming out (usually because a paper's about to out you) and receiving a load of fawning adulation. :shrug:

PSRB
02-07-2020, 11:25 AM
Dunno, but them's the rules. We've all got to say how stunning and brave it is to deceive your friends, wife and children for decades about the fact that you're a rapacious knob-gobbler before eventually coming out (usually because a paper's about to out you) and receiving a load of fawning adulation. :shrug:

:nod: The exact discussion we've just had in the office.

Burney
02-07-2020, 11:29 AM
:nod: The exact discussion we've just had in the office.

I think it's also highly problematic of sodomites to culturally appropriate heterosexuality in this way.

Monty92
02-07-2020, 11:30 AM

Quite.

But even in cases were a man hasn't so much deceived others but has simply been unable to come to terms with his own sexuality, surely this is cast-iron evidence of a deep-rooted homophobia?

I mean, he works in light daytime TV entertainment, for f*cks sake. He can hardly claim (as opposed to, say, footballers) that he feared a public backlash.

So Phil, what disgusted you so much about the idea of being gay?

PSRB
02-07-2020, 11:33 AM
Well there's Jameela Jamil, not sure about queer but she's certainly ****ing odd

Burney
02-07-2020, 11:36 AM
Quite.

But even in cases were a man hasn't so much deceived others but has simply been unable to come to terms with his own sexuality, surely this is cast-iron evidence of a deep-rooted homophobia?

I mean, he works in light daytime TV entertainment industry, for f*cks sake. He can hardly claim (as opposed to, say, footballers) that he feared a public backlash.

So Phil, what disgusted you so much about the idea of being gay?

Oh, they can turn that back on us and say that they've internalised society's homophobia and that means that they're the victims really.

To be honest, though, I'm struggling with the fact that someone would go to all the trouble of living a lie for 27 years while being as camp as a row of tents. I mean if you wanted to pass yourself off as straight, wouldn't you try acting...y'know...straight?

Tony C
02-07-2020, 11:38 AM
Maybe it’s like the Sopranos and it’s blood pressure medicine that made him the gay

https://youtu.be/l6qtFhyOUFg

Burney
02-07-2020, 11:38 AM
Well there's Jameela Jamil, not sure about queer but she's certainly ****ing odd

She is an endlessly tedious, hyper-woke c@nt. Which flavour of genitalia she prefers is very much a secondary consideration to that.

Burney
02-07-2020, 11:41 AM
She is an endlessly tedious, hyper-woke c@nt. Which flavour of genitalia she prefers is very much a secondary consideration to that.

:nod: And turned his hair white.

Monty92
02-07-2020, 11:43 AM
Oh, they can turn that back on us and say that they've internalised society's homophobia and that means that they're the victims really.

To be honest, though, I'm struggling with the fact that someone would go to all the trouble of living a lie for 27 years while being as camp as a row of tents. I mean if you wanted to pass yourself off as straight, wouldn't you try acting...y'know...straight?

Surely what's happened here is that he was basically bisexual, legitimately married a chick, had kids, but has now been caught by the press having an affair with a bloke?

But instead of confessing, he's gone for the far more sympathetic excuse that he's been living a heart-wrenching lie all these years out of shame and fear that he'll be ostracised by the notoriously homophobic...*checks notes*....world of light entertainment.

PSRB
02-07-2020, 11:47 AM

Also, nowhere near as attractive as she think she is

Burney
02-07-2020, 11:48 AM
Surely what's happened here is that he was basically bisexual, legitimately married a chick, had kids, but has now been caught by the press having an affair with a bloke?

But instead of confessing, he's gone for the far more sympathetic excuse that he's been living a heart-wrenching lie all these years out of shame and fear that he'll be ostracised by the notoriously homophobic...*checks notes*....world of light entertainment.

Without knowing the details of his sex life, I can't say how enthusiastically he embraces the reproductive act or whether he just does it out of duty while thinking of cock.
Either way, I think this tweeter sums up what we're all thinking. :hehe:

Stephen Hughes
@Stephen50406759

31m
Replying to
@Kevin_Maguire
I think it's a bit disturbing, if he is convinced he is gay, does this mean he was having sex with a man while he was married?, I no people have affairs but bum sex with a man and then sleeping with his wife just seems horrible, I don't see any other way of confirming he is "GAY"

Monty92
02-07-2020, 11:54 AM
Without knowing the details of his sex life, I can't say how enthusiastically he embraces the reproductive act or whether he just does it out of duty while thinking of cock.
Either way, I think this tweeter sums up what we're all thinking. :hehe:

Yes, if you're sticking your dick in other men's arseholes, and then coming home and occasionally sticking it in your wife's noo-noo, there is surely an obligation, on basic hygiene grounds if nothing else, to let her know.

Burney
02-07-2020, 11:59 AM
Yes, if you're sticking your dick in other men's arseholes, and then coming home and occasionally sticking it in your wife's noo-noo, there is surely an obligation, on basic hygiene grounds if nothing else, to let her know.

To be fair, I imagine he washed it in between. :shrug: Or he might not be the buggery type? He strikes me an enthusiastic cócksucker, tbh.

Monty92
02-07-2020, 12:01 PM
To be fair, I imagine he washed it in between. :shrug: Or he might not be the buggery type? He strikes me an enthusiastic cócksucker, tbh.

Would you eat with cutlery that's been smeared in sh*t and then put through the dishwasher?

Saying that, I once pissed in a glass and the missus chucked it away, which I thought was a bit of an over-reaction.

IUFG
02-07-2020, 12:01 PM

Do you know plenty of 'em, b?

IUFG
02-07-2020, 12:02 PM
Would you eat with cutlery that's been smeared in sh*t and then put through the dishwasher?

Saying that, I once pissed in a glass and the missus chucked it away, which I thought was a bit of an over-reaction.

Smeared in shít - in a public toilet on the heath?

Burney
02-07-2020, 12:08 PM
Do you know plenty of 'em, b?

They seem a lot keener on it than most women, I'll give 'em that. But then for a lot of them, it's the main course rather than an aperitif.

Burney
02-07-2020, 12:09 PM

Without wishing to be indelicate, I assume that neither you nor your good lady partner was a virgin when you met? So both of you are happy to engage with the other's genitals in the knowledge that they are not exactly 'box fresh', as it were? So what's the difference?

Burney
02-07-2020, 12:10 PM
Smeared in shít - in a public toilet on the heath?

The title of your autobiography, i?

IUFG
02-07-2020, 12:10 PM
They seem a lot keener on it than most women

:nod: the number of those enjoyed is inversely proportionate to the length of the relationship. in my experience.

Monty92
02-07-2020, 12:13 PM
Without wishing to be indelicate, I assume that neither you nor your good lady partner was a virgin when you met? So both of you are happy to engage with the other's genitals in the knowledge that they are not exactly 'box fresh', as it were? So what's the difference?

Because such irrationalities are highly common to human psychology.

You didn't answer my question about cutlery that's been smeared in sh*t...

Burney
02-07-2020, 12:17 PM
Because such irrationalities are highly common to human psychology.

You didn't answer my question about cutlery that's been smeared in sh*t...

If I'd seen it smeared in shít I'd probably be a touch leery of it, but if I'd eaten with it and then you told me that it had once been smeared in shít I wouldn't particularly mind - other than thinking that you weren't a terribly good host.

Anyway, why did you píss in a glass?

Monty92
02-07-2020, 12:21 PM
If I'd seen it smeared in shít I'd probably be a touch leery of it, but if I'd eaten with it and then you told me that it had once been smeared in shít I wouldn't particularly mind - other than thinking that you weren't a terribly good host.

Anyway, why did you píss in a glass?

Ah-ha! So you are normal after all...

It was in the early days of parenthood, we lived in a flat with creaky floorboards, and you would do anything - ANYTHING - to avoid waking your baby up in the night :-(

Burney
02-07-2020, 12:23 PM
Ah-ha! So you are normal after all...

It was in the early days of parenthood, we lived in a flat with creaky floorboards, and you would do anything - ANYTHING - to avoid waking your baby up in the night :-(

Was it a pint glass? I've never liked urinating into receptacles. You can never be sure if you're going to end up overflowing.

Monty92
02-07-2020, 12:27 PM
Was it a pint glass? I've never liked urinating into receptacles. You can never be sure if you're going to end up overflowing.

No. I excreted just enough to ease the urgency till the morning :-(

Luis Anaconda
02-07-2020, 12:28 PM

:snigger: Very naughty

Burney
02-07-2020, 12:32 PM
No. I excreted just enough to ease the urgency till the morning :-(

Quality prostate control. I'd have just píssed out of the window onto the conservatory, I think.

Burney
02-07-2020, 12:36 PM
:snigger: Very naughty

Ah, there you are. Yesterday, I ate German food and drank too much whisky (which I’m still feeling now, tbh).
Basically, I lived like you for a day.

Luis Anaconda
02-07-2020, 12:57 PM
Ah, there you are. Yesterday, I ate German food and drank too much whisky (which I’m still feeling now, tbh).
Basically, I lived like you for a day.
Ah - a whisky hangover is never a good thing. A friend of mine brought me back some packets of bacon from home on Sunday so I have been eating nothing else. Good to know you are keeping my end up - of the German food eating I mean

IUFG
02-07-2020, 01:01 PM
The title of your autobiography, i?

merely the title of chapter 1, b

Burney
02-07-2020, 01:19 PM
Ah - a whisky hangover is never a good thing. A friend of mine brought me back some packets of bacon from home on Sunday so I have been eating nothing else. Good to know you are keeping my end up - of the German food eating I mean

I had a big old Käsekrainer mit Kartoffelbrei und Sauerkraut, so strictly speaking it was Austrian, but same difference. They all pïss in the same pot.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
02-07-2020, 01:56 PM

We always used a champagne bucket in the back of my truck.

Burney
02-07-2020, 02:20 PM
We always used a champagne bucket in the back of my truck.

Revolting crusty animals. :-(

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
02-07-2020, 03:15 PM
Revolting crusty animals. :-(

Never have any overspill problems with one of those.

Give it a rinse, fill it with ice cubes and it chills your La Grande Dame*.

Before mobiles became ubiquitous, we had some walkie-talkies for a little while so we could communicate between the cab and the back of the truck. But otherwise, you were in the back until the driver and cab crew decided to pull into a services for a pit stop or a change of driver. So you needed something which could be guaranteed not to spill. A few of us used them.

*Vintage Veuve Cliq is our preferred champers. Though only rarely, due to price. Normally drank the NV. But in St Martin in the Carib, on the Dutch side {Sint Maarten} where all the US tourists go, every corner shop would have Dom Pérignon which the crack heads would nick and sell you for 5 dols. You'd then have to stick it in the freezer and wait. And a watched DP bottle never chills, in my experience. Tastes like pîss, though. Would rather have a NV VCP. The vintage Perrier-Jouët - Belle Epoque - had a nice painted bottle. And Laurent Perrier Rosé was alright. But with La Grande Dame, the bubbles turn to cream in your mouth.

dismalswamp
02-07-2020, 04:07 PM
always knew it.

On a separate subject Pat, I've just scored a Soldano :)