Tony C
02-04-2020, 09:06 PM
Girls are cute
McChicken is on point
Liking my new job
Hotel makes a solid Old Fashioned

That’s all

Seriously...not kidding...Prague McChicken destroys ours

They got some black pepper seasoning on that chicken...and the lettuce is greener

Highlight of my trip #priorities

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
02-05-2020, 01:07 PM
Girls are cute
McChicken is on point
Liking my new job

That’s all

They got some black pepper seasoning on that chicken...and the lettuce is greener

How much does a pint cost now?

When I went to the first festy there in '95, a little village called Hostomice, we got steak, egg, mushrooms and chips with a pint of lager for about a pound.

That CzechTek was tiny but next year was massive. Every café had literally scores of crusties sitting on the pavement outside eating steak and chips, all day for the whole week.

Bet it costs more, now. Be a tourist and go and have dumplings in Wenceslas Square.

IUFG
02-05-2020, 01:50 PM
How much does a pint cost now?

When I went to the first festy there in '95, a little village called Hostomice, we got steak, egg, mushrooms and chips with a pint of lager for about a pound.

That CzechTek was tiny but next year was massive. Every café had literally scores of crusties sitting on the pavement outside eating steak and chips, all day for the whole week.

Bet it costs more, now. Be a tourist and go and have dumplings in Wenceslas Square.

I was there last year. Or was it the year before?

A pint (well 50cl) was around 35CZK and I was getting 29CZK to a GBP. On the other hand, a 330ml bottle of water was 50CZK.

Lovely city is Praha.

Well done the Czechers imo.

IUFG
02-05-2020, 01:53 PM
I was there last year. Or was it the year before?

A pint (well 50cl) was around 35CZK and I was getting 29CZK to a GBP. On the other hand, a 330ml bottle of water was 50CZK.

Lovely city is Praha.

Well done the Czechers imo.

I also (just about) managed to eat a fúcking massive fillet steak. Which was around the equivalent of £10. :eat:

IUFG
02-05-2020, 01:55 PM
Girls are cute
McChicken is on point
Liking my new job

That’s all

Staropramen in McD's :lager:

Luis Anaconda
02-05-2020, 01:56 PM
I also (just about) managed to eat a fúcking massive fillet steak. Which was around the equivalent of £10. :eat:

I do remember water being more expensive than beer. Wasn't sure it was still the case. I once went there as the guest of the Czech Tourist Board. I don't remember a lot about that but the article I wrote was very flattering :)

PSRB
02-05-2020, 02:02 PM
I do remember water being more expensive than beer. Wasn't sure it was still the case. I once went there as the guest of the Czech Tourist Board. I don't remember a lot about that but the article I wrote was very flattering :)

I had quite the adventure in Prague on a stag do. lost the stag party, met a lass, ended up at random house party, getting stopped by the Police as about 8 of us in a car but she knew the coppers and managed to talk me out of getting arrested, then took me to see the proper Prague and then got me back to the hotel just as everyone was leaving for the airport. There was some other stuff as well.

Sir C
02-05-2020, 02:04 PM
I had quite the adventure in Prague on a stag do. lost the stag party, met a lass, ended up at random house party, getting stopped by the Police as about 8 of us in a car but she knew the coppers and managed to talk me out of getting arrested, then took me to see the proper Prague and then got me back to the hotel just as everyone was leaving for the airport. There was some other stuff as well.

:hehe: I suspected as much.

Monty92
02-05-2020, 02:04 PM

"...and that's how I met my wife"

barrybueno
02-05-2020, 02:10 PM
:hehe: I suspected as much.

I'm thinking 'Hostel' #shudder. Oh I know what you're thinking you dirty old goat!

Sir C
02-05-2020, 02:14 PM
I'm thinking 'Hostel' #shudder. Oh I know what you're thinking you dirty old goat!

I'm remembering a night in a tittybar when the girls were selling some high grade Bolivian marching powder as well as saucy dances... that was a late one.

barrybueno
02-05-2020, 02:18 PM
I'm remembering a night in a tittybar when the girls were selling some high grade Bolivian marching powder as well as saucy dances... that was a late one.

'Bolivian Beak' as you would call it :hehe:

PSRB
02-05-2020, 02:39 PM
"...and that's how I met my wife"

Nope, it's part of why the 1st marriage didn't last :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
02-05-2020, 02:42 PM
Sounds about right

Monty92
02-05-2020, 02:46 PM
Nope, it's part of why the 1st marriage didn't last :hehe:

I've only been once - with the missus :-(

The Insider
02-05-2020, 08:38 PM
I was there in whatever year it was that we played Sparta and TH14 broke WWW's record. Spent the afternoon in an underground bar with MRs I and a chum. Just under £5 for four hours worth of Star and Absinthe. Got attacked by eight racist Arsenal fans who didn't like my chums jewish origins. I was headbutted out of the blue whilst talking to them and got a broken nose, but they all ****ed off when Mrs I decked one of them and then attacked another. A memorable day indeed...