PDA

View Full Version : So I feel I ought to mark Brexit Day with a nice dinner.

Burney
01-31-2020, 11:10 AM
Something a bit fancy, like. What should I make?

Sir C
01-31-2020, 11:15 AM

To truly reflect the day, I suggest that you take some meat and boil it until it's grey. Take bread and make a pap, with milk. Eat this with some nice ale, a pint of Tepid Dishwater should do you nicely.

IUFG
01-31-2020, 11:16 AM

Something typically English?

Chicken Tikka Massala...

Burney
01-31-2020, 11:19 AM
To truly reflect the day, I suggest that you take some meat and boil it until it's grey. Take bread and make a pap, with milk. Eat this with some nice ale, a pint of Tepid Dishwater should do you nicely.

Roast beef would make sense, but it would be wrong on a Friday. What are you making tonight?

Burney
01-31-2020, 11:20 AM
Something typically English?

Chicken Tikka Massala...

I could just get a takeaway, couldn't I? And then drink myself stupid.

Sir C
01-31-2020, 11:26 AM
Roast beef would make sense, but it would be wrong on a Friday. What are you making tonight?

Today we will have a special treat as it's Friday.

For each diner:

Lean eye of sirloin steak, 150 g - 275 calories
Brocolli, steamed, 6 florets - 30 calories
Lettuce, little gem, one - 30 calories
Vinaigrette, 1/2 tablespoon - 60 calories

Red wine, 750 ml - 616 calories

Meal total: 1016 calories.

:thumbup:

Burney
01-31-2020, 11:29 AM
Today we will have a special treat as it's Friday.

For each diner:

Lean eye of sirloin steak, 150 g - 275 calories
Brocolli, steamed, 6 florets - 30 calories
Lettuce, little gem, one - 30 calories
Vinaigrette, 1/2 tablespoon - 60 calories

Red wine, 750 ml - 616 calories

Meal total: 1016 calories.

:thumbup:

Oh, dear. I forgot you'd turned protestant. :-(

Sir C
01-31-2020, 11:30 AM

I'm almost there, actually. I've taken off 7lbs in about 10 days.

I'm staying on it until next Friday, when I will eat breakfast at the A1 Truckstop at Colserworth (the so-called 'Belly Buster') followed by fish and chips for lunch at The Old Keswickian.

barrybueno
01-31-2020, 11:31 AM

Get a Chinese :thumbup: Wonder if they're noticing a drop off in orders? :hehe:

Burney
01-31-2020, 11:34 AM
Get a Chinese :thumbup: Wonder if they're noticing a drop off in orders? :hehe:

I was reading today that Coronavirus is causing a spike in anti-Chinese sentiment. To be honest, I hadn't noticed this (possibly because I never liked the inscrutable little fúckers in the first place), so I might do my bit by firebombing the local chinky tonight.

Burney
01-31-2020, 11:34 AM

I'm staying on it until next Friday, when I will eat breakfast at the A1 Truckstop at Colserworth (the so-called 'Belly Buster') followed by fish and chips for lunch at The Old Keswickian.

This belly buster. Beans? Chips? Bubble?

IUFG
01-31-2020, 11:37 AM

that is a great greasy spoon, sc. Though that roundabout outside is a leeeetel beeet Russian Roulette as no-one ever seems to indicate whether they are turning into the services or going straight on. Cnuts.

redgunamo
01-31-2020, 11:41 AM
Turned homo, morelike. Is he dieting again?

barrybueno
01-31-2020, 11:43 AM
I was reading today that Coronavirus is causing a spike in anti-Chinese sentiment. To be honest, I hadn't noticed this (possibly because I never liked the inscrutable little fúckers in the first place), so I might do my bit by firebombing the local chinky tonight.

Yeah to say I've never been a fan would be a massive understatement. I would imagine a firebombed chinky would smell quite nice too...

redgunamo
01-31-2020, 11:45 AM
Oh, I see.

Tell you what, Clive, I don't think I've been on a weighing machine since Margaret Thatcher's second term :-\

IUFG
01-31-2020, 11:48 AM

by takeaway, do you mean KEBAB?

lovely, lovely :kebab:

Burney
01-31-2020, 12:28 PM
Turned homo, morelike. Is he dieting again?

Protestant/homo. It amounts to the same thing imo. They're both abominations in the eyes of God.

Yes. I've no idea why. There's nothing of him. I've seen more meat between a Chinaman's teeth.

Burney
01-31-2020, 12:28 PM
by takeaway, do you mean KEBAB?

lovely, lovely :kebab:

A kebab and extreme inebriation is great and everything, but I wanted to do something out of the ordinary.

Sir C
01-31-2020, 12:40 PM
Oh, I see.

Tell you what, Clive, I don't think I've been on a weighing machine since Margaret Thatcher's second term :-\

I suspect you're naturally slim though, r.

Sir C
01-31-2020, 12:40 PM
This belly buster. Beans? Chips? Bubble?

D'you know, I'm not entirely sure. I just remember seeing it on the menu and promising myself that next time...

Sir C
01-31-2020, 12:42 PM
that is a great greasy spoon, sc. Though that roundabout outside is a leeeetel beeet Russian Roulette as no-one ever seems to indicate whether they are turning into the services or going straight on. Cnuts.

I went there a few months ago. It was the glw's first experience of such an establishment.

She eyed the clientele nervously and at one point asked me plaintively, "Are we actually allowed to be in here?" Like there was some sort of working class test which we would fail. :hehe:

Burney
01-31-2020, 12:43 PM
D'you know, I'm not entirely sure. I just remember seeing it on the menu and promising myself that next time...

Chips and beans with a fry-up is an absolute disgrace and really filthy, but very nice. I like to break up an egg yolk in the beans, squirt in some ketchup and then just cover the chips in it. :eat:

Burney
01-31-2020, 12:45 PM
I went there a few months ago. It was the glw's first experience of such an establishment.

She eyed the clientele nervously and at one point asked me plaintively, "Are we actually allowed to be in here?" Like there was some sort of working class test which we would fail. :hehe:

It must be nice for the lorry drivers to meet a woman they don't then go on to murder.

Sir C
01-31-2020, 12:46 PM
Chips and beans with a fry-up is an absolute disgrace and really filthy, but very nice. I like to break up an egg yolk in the beans, squirt in some ketchup and then just cover the chips in it. :eat:

I'm going to be absolutely honest and tell you what I am most looking forward to:

The egg atop the fried slice.
The fatty end of the bacon.
The sub-Richmond quality extruded pink mystery-meat 'sausage'.
Mopping the plate with the sqidgy Mother's Pride slice.

Back in 5.

Burney
01-31-2020, 12:54 PM
I'm going to be absolutely honest and tell you what I am most looking forward to:

The egg atop the fried slice.
The fatty end of the bacon.
The sub-Richmond quality extruded pink mystery-meat 'sausage'.
Mopping the plate with the sqidgy Mother's Pride slice.

Back in 5.

A fry up is the one thing that I eat in the Masterchef style of trying to get a bit of everything on my fork. Bit of egg, black pudding, sausage, bacon, dab of ketchup - bang!

Darren's Dodgy Denim
01-31-2020, 02:00 PM
Liquid dinner of 24 Stellas at your local Spoon. Perhaps while watching a collection of Mark Francois best speeches.