PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else struggling to care whether Giroud goes to Tottenham?

Burney
01-29-2020, 11:47 AM
I mean I'd sort of forgotten about him, tbh, so people wibbling on about how he'll destroy his Arsenal 'legacy' just sound particularly ludicrous to me.

barrybueno
01-29-2020, 11:50 AM
I mean I'd sort of forgotten about him, tbh, so people wibbling on about how he'll destroy his Arsenal 'legacy' just sound particularly ludicrous to me.

Did he actually have an Arsenal 'legacy'? I would imagine their fans will be more píssed off tbh

Burney
01-29-2020, 11:53 AM
Did he actually have an Arsenal 'legacy'? I would imagine their fans will be more píssed off tbh

Presumably they see him as a short-term like-for-like replacement for Kane - but not deformed and attractive to women.

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2020, 11:58 AM

One of only 19 men to score 100 goals for Arsenal in 125 odd years, created the winner in two FA Cup Finals, scored in another one. There are players who are feted for less

IUFG
01-29-2020, 11:59 AM
One of only 19 men to score 100 goals for Arsenal in 125 odd years, created the winner in two FA Cup Finals, scored in another one. There are players who are feted for less

meh. he's no Theo Walcott.

;-)

Burney
01-29-2020, 12:05 PM

All true, but he isn't feted, is he? Not his fault, but he just never really stuck in the mind. Which is sort of my point.

barrybueno
01-29-2020, 12:08 PM

I'm not having it LA, you can use facts to prove almost anything! He's no Eddie McGoldrick that's for sure.

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2020, 12:08 PM
All true, but he isn't feted, is he? Not his fault, but he just never really stuck in the mind. Which is sort of my point.

Sort of mine too - under-rated imo. Wouldn't like to see him in a Spurs shirt

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2020, 12:09 PM
I'm not having it LA, you can use facts to prove almost anything! He's no Eddie McGoldrick that's for sure.

Don't mention that **** here in polite company, b

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2020, 12:10 PM
meh. he's no Theo Walcott.

;-)

:hehe: Always surprised me that RVP isn't given more credit for being the 8th highest goalscorer in our history despite "only" having one good season

Burney
01-29-2020, 12:13 PM
Sort of mine too - under-rated imo. Wouldn't like to see him in a Spurs shirt

Bad timing as much as anything else. I think we were so spoilt by the Henry-Bergkamp era that anyone else was bound to feel a bit 'after the Lord Mayor's Show' and suffer by comparison.

Burney
01-29-2020, 12:23 PM
:hehe: Always surprised me that RVP isn't given more credit for being the 8th highest goalscorer in our history despite "only" having one good season

I can never think about RvP without remembering that absolutely terrible pair of stripy strides he wore when we unveiled him. Shocking, they were.

barrybueno
01-29-2020, 12:29 PM
I can never think about RvP without remembering that absolutely terrible pair of stripy strides he wore when we unveiled him. Shocking, they were.

All I remember is him being a traitorous Judas ****. Oh and a rapist 'allegedly'

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2020, 12:30 PM
Bad timing as much as anything else. I think we were so spoilt by the Henry-Bergkamp era that anyone else was bound to feel a bit 'after the Lord Mayor's Show' and suffer by comparison.

Good point. Weird thinking if had three more seasons with us he might have gone past Wrightie's record. Having a similar conversation on Twitter regarding cricketers who don't get the credit they deserve. Always thought Thorpe was under-rated - 100 Tests with an average just shy of 45. Probably who came after him put him in the shade a bit

IUFG
01-29-2020, 12:31 PM
All I remember is him being a traitorous Judas ****. Oh and a rapist 'allegedly'

:music: She said 'no'...

barrybueno
01-29-2020, 12:34 PM
Don't mention that **** here in polite company, b

:hehe: Soz, was just trying to flush out SW...

IUFG
01-29-2020, 12:36 PM
:hehe: Soz, was just trying to flush out SW...

is SW dead? not seen him in here for a while...

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2020, 12:40 PM
is SW dead? not seen him in here for a while...

He's alive and well on Twitter. Just make a derogatory remark about Paul Weller (talentless lesbian lookalike) and he'll probably pop up here

Burney
01-29-2020, 12:43 PM
Good point. Weird thinking if had three more seasons with us he might have gone past Wrightie's record. Having a similar conversation on Twitter regarding cricketers who don't get the credit they deserve. Always thought Thorpe was under-rated - 100 Tests with an average just shy of 45. Probably who came after him put him in the shade a bit

Oh, I've always had a huge amount of time for Thorpe. Apart from anything else, he averaged 45 in a side where barely anyone else averaged 40. It's a lot easier to be a good player in a good team than it is to be one in the often shambolic shítshows Thorpe played in. He was a bit shabbily treated in 2005, but we won, so everyone conveniently forgets that.

Apart from any other consideration, he was about our only player who could play Warne. That gets him a lot of credit imo.

IUFG
01-29-2020, 12:44 PM
He's alive and well on Twitter. Just make a derogatory remark about Paul Weller (talentless lesbian lookalike) and he'll probably pop up here

No, I'd never say anything derogatory about the over-rated, lesbian wannabe.

Still rocking the big venues, I see.
https://www.middlesbroughtownhall.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/4dd5c77d-bdd0-4681-a7c3-7b233cbaffc4-1012x1080.jpg

barrybueno
01-29-2020, 12:47 PM
He's alive and well on Twitter. Just make a derogatory remark about Paul Weller and he'll probably pop up here

(talentless lesbian lookalike) You've made me chuckle there, thank you :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2020, 12:59 PM
Oh, I've always had a huge amount of time for Thorpe. Apart from anything else, he averaged 45 in a side where barely anyone else averaged 40. It's a lot easier to be a good player in a good team than it is to be one in the often shambolic shítshows Thorpe played in. He was a bit shabbily treated in 2005, but we won, so everyone conveniently forgets that.

Apart from any other consideration, he was about our only player who could play Warne. That gets him a lot of credit imo.
Averaged 49 against the Aussies - not bad at all. A lot of good bowling attacks then - must have faced Walsh and Ambrose, Waqar and Wasim, Donald and Pollock as well as the Aussies

Pat Vegas
01-29-2020, 01:11 PM

couldn't give 2 shids they are all cunds.

also not bothered if any of the current squard leave either. (apart from Martinelli)

PSRB
01-29-2020, 01:58 PM

a scorer of great goals, etc

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2020, 02:17 PM
a scorer of great goals, etc

First said about Merse (as far as Arsenal players go) and he finished on 99.

Anyway, when it comes to dashing French attackers, you are clearly too biased to comment ;)

PSRB
01-29-2020, 02:23 PM
First said about Merse (as far as Arsenal players go) and he finished on 99.

Anyway, when it comes to dashing French attackers, you are clearly too biased to comment ;)

It was bad enough he went to Chelsea, spurs could tip me over the edge :cry:

Luis Anaconda
01-29-2020, 02:25 PM
It was bad enough he went to Chelsea, spurs could tip me over the edge :cry:

can't say I would be happy either

Just Trent
01-29-2020, 03:42 PM

Didn’t he already ‘destroy his legacy’, when he really rubbed it in after the Europa League Final last season?
Also, wasn’t his main legacy being a player that everyone wanted to replace, with a striker like Aubameyang for about four years?

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-29-2020, 06:34 PM

Both those cup final winners were scored by Rambo so Wes had blanked them out.

ArseMart - Enjoy every sandwich
01-29-2020, 10:44 PM

You’re right bb. Because he’s not the worst player ever to pull on the red and white.

And it’s actually my birthday today as well.

Sir C
01-30-2020, 08:54 AM
You’re right bb. Because he’s not the worst player ever to pull on the red and white.

hbamimo! :lager:

Luis Anaconda
01-30-2020, 09:23 AM

hbamimo - hope all is well