PDA

View Full Version : Nicholas Parsons gone.

Burney
01-28-2020, 11:14 AM
96 - four short of his ton.

'Fail of the century', you might say.

Sir C
01-28-2020, 11:21 AM

I wonder who they'll get to replace him on Just A Minute.

Nish Kumar, perhaps. We can have Woke Just A Minute.

IUFG
01-28-2020, 11:24 AM

Who could forget the greatest moment of his career..?

Mr Jolly Lives Next Door.

https://paulraylaight.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/jolly6.jpg

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/K38P70/comic-strip-presents-mr-jolly-lives-next-door-adrian-edmonson-episode-K38P70.jpg

Burney
01-28-2020, 11:25 AM
I wonder who they'll get to replace him on Just A Minute.

Nish Kumar, perhaps. We can have Woke Just A Minute.

:nod: He went to St Olave's, you know? Ghastly, chippy little grammar school tick.

He's quite high on my list for stringing up from lampposts. Not Top 4, obvs, but in the Europa League places.

barrybueno
01-28-2020, 11:26 AM
Who could forget the greatest moment of his career..?

Mr Jolly Lives Next Door.

https://paulraylaight.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/jolly6.jpg

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/K38P70/comic-strip-presents-mr-jolly-lives-next-door-adrian-edmonson-episode-K38P70.jpg

You beat me to it, what a masterpiece of British comedy :clap:

IUFG
01-28-2020, 11:27 AM
You beat me to it, what a masterpiece of British comedy :clap:

"1,574 gins please Monica. Large ones."

Sir C
01-28-2020, 11:30 AM
:nod: He went to St Olave's, you know? Ghastly, chippy little grammar school tick.

He's quite high on my list for stringing up from lampposts. Not Top 4, obvs, but in the Europa League places.

The most appalling mincers on a riugby pitch, I remember.

I don't suppose the young Nish was a particularly fearsome front row.

Burney
01-28-2020, 11:32 AM
The most appalling mincers on a riugby pitch, I remember.

I don't suppose the young Nish was a particularly fearsome front row.

He'd probably accuse you of racism every time you tackled him.

barrybueno
01-28-2020, 11:38 AM
"1,574 gins please Monica. Large ones."

Might see if I can find that somewhere later and give it another whirl. After a skinful of course.

IUFG
01-28-2020, 11:39 AM
Might see if I can find that somewhere later and give it another whirl. After a skinful of course.

you're welcome

https://vimeo.com/155074064

barrybueno
01-28-2020, 11:40 AM

Good won btw B :thumbup:

barrybueno
01-28-2020, 11:42 AM
you're welcome

https://vimeo.com/155074064

Brilliant :thumbup: If I'm capable of projecting that to the telly later then even better.

IUFG
01-28-2020, 11:43 AM

Live from Norwich

IUFG
01-28-2020, 11:45 AM

Live from Norwich

https://www.teletronic.co.uk/images/anglia_logo.jpg

Burney
01-28-2020, 11:48 AM
Live from Norwich

https://www.teletronic.co.uk/images/anglia_logo.jpg

Surely 'Not alive from Norwich'?

IUFG
01-28-2020, 11:53 AM

he's still warm, b... :cry:

barrybueno
01-28-2020, 11:54 AM

They'll be mourning like scousers tonight in my new home town (well Norfolk in general tbh)

Apart from Lotus that's all they had innit? :-\

IUFG
01-28-2020, 11:59 AM
They'll be mourning like scousers tonight in my new home town (well Norfolk in general tbh)

Apart from Lotus that's all they had innit? :-\

Colman's mustard too, b.

then that really is it, tbh.

Come to think of it. Colman's might have fcked off by now (or at least be in the process of doing so)

barrybueno
01-28-2020, 12:03 PM
Colman's mustard too, b.

Come to think of it. Colman's might have fcked off by now (or at least be in the process of doing so)

Yeah I did remember that after my post. Can we give them Alan Partridge? :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
01-28-2020, 12:15 PM

Man Utd fan from Wandsworth :judge: Hanging's too good for him.

"Fail of the Century" - nice :hehe:

Burney
01-28-2020, 12:17 PM
Colman's mustard too, b.

I like Norwich. Some cracking pubs and a top, top-quality cathedral.

What's that pub just behind the cathedral? 750 years old or somesuch? That's a nice place.

Burney
01-28-2020, 12:17 PM
Man Utd fan from Wandsworth :judge: Hanging's too good for him.

"Fail of the Century" - nice :hehe:

Wandsworth? I thought he was Croydon?

IUFG
01-28-2020, 12:24 PM

What's that pub just behind the cathedral? 750 years old or somesuch? That's a nice place.

The Maid's Head?

Not been to Norwich for a while. There is a church at on most street corners, though most are now book/charity/coffee shops now.

Fun fact: Hitler had ear-marked the CityHall has his residency once he had invaded Britain

Burney
01-28-2020, 12:29 PM
The Maid's Head?

Not been to Norwich for a while. There is a church at on most street corners, though most are now book/charity/coffee shops now.

Fun fact: Hitler had ear-marked the CityHall has his residency once he had invaded Britain

No, I looked it up. It's this won.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_and_Eve,_Norwich

I did know that. Oddly enough, I think it was mentioned in an Alan Partridge spoof documentary.

IUFG
01-28-2020, 12:35 PM
No, I looked it up. It's this won.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_and_Eve,_Norwich

I did know that. Oddly enough, I think it was mentioned in an Alan Partridge spoof documentary.

Never been in there. Then again I don't go that often.

A visit to the Chapelfield shopping centre was the last time I was there. Deep fúcking joy... :-(

Luis Anaconda
01-28-2020, 12:42 PM
Wandsworth? I thought he was Croydon?
:homer: You're right - I looked it up in Wiki. But according to a by piece by him in the New Yorker he grew in Croydon. I would post a link but I am sure you wouldn't want to read it :)

Burney
01-28-2020, 12:42 PM

A visit to the Chapelfield shopping centre was the last time I was there. Deep fúcking joy... :-(

I may go there in May to visit my chum who lives on a boat. I may not stay on his boat, though. I may get a hotel. I'm far too old to sleep on canal boats.

Luis Anaconda
01-28-2020, 12:43 PM

It is nice - my cousin works at the cathedral, actually got married there. We stayed in a b&b in the green behind it. Went on a substantive research mission to the pubs. Very impressed

Burney
01-28-2020, 12:46 PM
:homer: You're right - I looked it up in Wiki. But according to a by piece by him in the New Yorker he grew in Croydon. I would post a link but I am sure you wouldn't want to read it :)

I read it anyway. Imagine drinking in a soulless former bank like The Spread Eagle when the Dog and Bull is five minutes' walk away. And nobody in their right mind would drink in a Wetherspoon's like The Richmal Crompton.

Silly c'nt.

barrybueno
01-28-2020, 12:47 PM

My experience of Norwich is a pub near the ground which I'm pretty sure is long gone and also the Compleat Angler, a nice pre-match píss up in the sun by the river :cloud9:

Burney
01-28-2020, 12:54 PM
It is nice - my cousin works at the cathedral, actually got married there. We stayed in a b&b in the green behind it. Went on a substantive research mission to the pubs. Very impressed

Yes, I liked it, I must say. So much better than Ipswich, which is a total fúcking kip.

Luis Anaconda
01-28-2020, 12:56 PM
Yes, I liked it, I must say. So much better than Ipswich, which is a total fúcking kip.

I don't think I have ever been to Ipswich. I am in no rush to go there

Burney
01-28-2020, 12:59 PM
I don't think I have ever been to Ipswich. I am in no rush to go there

I went out with a girl from there. And then I started going out with her friend - who was also from there.

Consequently, I have spent too much time in Ipswich. :-(

Strangely, nothing has ever taken me there in the intervening 20-odd years.

IUFG
01-28-2020, 01:01 PM

Ipswich.

Ipswich is unequivocally a monstrous shít-tip for a town.

In fact, that is probably unfair on monstrous shít-tips, like erm....Middlesbrough, that seem like Dubai in comparison to Ipswich.

barrybueno
01-28-2020, 01:02 PM
I may go there in May to visit my chum who lives on a boat. I may not stay on his boat, though. I may get a hotel. I'm far too old to sleep on canal boats.

I'll have some of that B. If that's ok with you of course :hide:

IUFG
01-28-2020, 01:08 PM

would you drive. The A505?

you could stop at Duxford for a peek around the IWM...

I know that route only too well.
Funeral in Hoddesdon in a couple of weeks... :-(

Burney
01-28-2020, 02:09 PM
would you drive. The A505?

you could stop at Duxford for a peek around the IWM...

I know that route only too well.
Funeral in Hoddesdon in a couple of weeks... :-(

Most certainly. It's actually a pleasant drive. I've been to Duxford loads recently. We even held an event there, so got full access to the museum as part of it.

Sorry to hear that. I know the cemetery, of course. Just across the A10 from Haileybury. There's rather a good Italian deli just the other side of the A1170 from the cemetery. Excellent sausages.

Burney
01-28-2020, 02:10 PM
Most certainly. It's actually a pleasant drive. I've been to Duxford loads recently. We even held an event there, so got full access to the museum as part of it.

Sorry to hear that. I know the cemetery, of course. Just across the A10 from Haileybury. There's rather a good Italian deli just the other side of the A1170 from the cemetery. Excellent sausages.

Naturally, b. It will be nice for you to hear a proper accent again, I imagine?

Luis Anaconda
01-28-2020, 02:11 PM
Naturally, b. It will be nice for you to hear a proper accent again, I imagine?

Hang on - are you talking to yourself?

Burney
01-28-2020, 02:18 PM

:hehe: That was meant to be a reply to bb.

Pokster
01-28-2020, 02:23 PM

b forgot to switch accounts, bit like sc when he outed himslef as the gay awimber

Luis Anaconda
01-28-2020, 02:26 PM
b forgot to switch accounts, bit like sc when he outed himslef as the gay awimber

gaywimber surely

Sir C
01-28-2020, 03:10 PM

NBMB. Nice chap. Bit of a bumder.

IUFG
01-29-2020, 10:34 AM
Brilliant :thumbup: If I'm capable of projecting that to the telly later then even better.

Didjer, bb?

I did. Marvellous stuff.

barrybueno
01-29-2020, 11:32 AM
Didjer, bb?

I did. Marvellous stuff.

I did indeed, tremendous! So many classic bits I'd forgotten about, and the Tom Jones tunes fit so well :hehe:

IUFG
01-29-2020, 11:45 AM
I did indeed, tremendous! So many classic bits I'd forgotten about, and the Tom Jones tunes fit so well :hehe:

so true.

"Elephant and Castle? Stick it up your arséhole." :hehe:

barrybueno
01-29-2020, 11:52 AM
so true.

"Elephant and Castle? Stick it up your arséhole." :hehe:

:clap: Another English pub!