PDA

View Full Version : Another decent performance for the most part

PSRB
01-28-2020, 09:21 AM
thought we were going to blow it at the end, though.

Saka and Martinelli are really looking the real deal. Much better from Willock and Ceballos was actually pretty good.

By God, Bournemouth were bloody terrible for the 1st 45 minutes

Sir C
01-28-2020, 09:30 AM

Saka and Martinelli are really looking the real deal. Much better from Willock and Ceballos was actually pretty good.

I'm not sure Bournemouth had too much choice in how bad they were tbh. I think we ran them ragged.

PSRB
01-28-2020, 09:35 AM
I'm not sure Bournemouth had too much choice in how bad they were tbh. I think we ran them ragged.

They sat off us and pretty much let us play. We were very good though

AFC East
01-28-2020, 11:40 AM

Yes, teams keep playing like that against us. Amazing coincidence. :rolleyes:

Tony C
01-28-2020, 12:23 PM
VAR for Eddie’s goal though

What a joke....looked like they got out the virtual ruler just to cancel it.

PSRB
01-28-2020, 12:26 PM

That was a joke

IUFG
01-28-2020, 12:28 PM
That was a joke

Indeed.

The moment they have to get those fúcking lines out is the moment the goal should be awarded imo.

Burney
01-28-2020, 12:30 PM
That was a joke

It's not a great sign that the technology's caught on when there's a 'Fúck VAR' song :hehe:

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-28-2020, 04:07 PM

Was it always the case that you were offside if you knee was in front of the defender, even though your foot was behind his foot? Genuine question.

01-28-2020, 04:13 PM

It was strange the way that Xhaka was playing left of a back 3 when we had the ball, while Hector was an inside-right (as opposed to central) midfielder, while Saka and Gab were playing as twin left wings.

If Hector and Coni {Pépé} can learn to dovetail effectively, we could be in business. Arsène always got the best out of attacking fullbacks while Dick didn't. Especially as Ozil often drifts out to the right wing. We could then overload them there like we used to do on the left with Titi, Bobby and Cashley.

Chief Arrowhead
01-28-2020, 06:00 PM
It was strange the way that Xhaka was playing left of a back 3 when we had the ball, while Hector was an inside-right (as opposed to central) midfielder, while Saka and Gab were playing as twin left wings.

If Hector and Coni {Pépé} can learn to dovetail effectively, we could be in business. Arsène always got the best out of attacking fullbacks while Dick didn't. Especially as Ozil often drifts out to the right wing. We could then overload them there like we used to do on the left with Titi, Bobby and Cashley.

I say that as an homage to Herbert Chapman (Bless) we use Portsmouth to whip out the W-M formation. It would work!

01-28-2020, 08:29 PM
I say that as an homage to Herbert Chapman (Bless) we use Portsmouth to whip out the W-M formation. It would work!

Good idea. Though apparently, the W was a small w with the centre point withdrawn.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/221934-the-forgotten-w-m-formation-of-herbert-chapman

Laca would fit this perfectly. Xhaka at left back like last night. Hector and LT11 as DMs. Saka and Ozil as inside forwards. Pépé and Gabby as wingers.

Though really we should play a 3-3-1-3.

Xhaka and 2CHs. Saka, LT11 and HB. Ozil. Front 3.

I like the way GX played that role last night. It suited him. He's probably as good at defending against a winger as young Saka is. His left foot is great for spreading the play. And it allows Saka and Gabby to overlap, while Hector tucks in as an inside half back.

Doesn't Pep play with 2 FBs tucking in as extra MFs?