PDA

View Full Version : Back when AWIMB was the natural home of Bantersaurus Rex and

Sir C
01-22-2020, 02:03 PM
the Archbishop of Banterbury, Burney and I once accompanied stoner to a Hornchurch away game. On a freezing Tuesday night in November we travelled to Purfleet, where we stoof shivering in the company of 200 other idiots.

We subjected the Purfleet 'keeper to so much foul abuse that he sought us out in the bar afterwards to shake our hands. "Fúcking hell, I've heard some stuff in my time but you lads take the biscuit."

Good timez, awimb. Brings a tear to the eye. :cry:

stoner
01-22-2020, 02:09 PM
it was Aveley. :nod:
we found out one opposition keeper was a PE teacher who had knocked up one of his pupils. I don't think he'll forget that match.

The Insider
01-22-2020, 02:25 PM
Personally I find the idea of people on here actualy meeting in person rather disturbing. If that sort of behaviour took hold, it would severely affect the ability of 54 year truckers from Newbury posing as 16 year old adolescents in order to groom girls/boys of a similar age - that would be a real shame....

Sir C
01-22-2020, 02:26 PM
Personally I find the idea of people on here actualy meeting in person rather disturbing. If that sort of behaviour took hold, it would severely affect the ability of 54 year truckers from Newbury posing as 16 year old adolescents in order to groom girls/boys of a similar age - that would be a real shame....

Back in the day an average home game might see 20 awimbers gathered for lunch and an additional 10 appearing at the pub afterwards.

On one glorious occasion pokster glassed WES. :hehe:

The Insider
01-22-2020, 02:34 PM
Back in the day an average home game might see 20 awimbers gathered for lunch and an additional 10 appearing at the pub afterwards.

Where was the venue of choice? I do hope that it was the Plimsoll and not the BoF!

Sir C
01-22-2020, 02:37 PM
Where was the venue of choice? I do hope that it was the Plimsoll and not the BoF!

Lunch was generally at Il Bacio, back when Il Bacio served some of the best pizzas available in London.

Drinking took place in The Woodbine.

barrybueno
01-22-2020, 02:49 PM

My word, do you remember what caused this little disagreement?

Pokster
01-22-2020, 02:52 PM

Well, I plasticed him, which as it was WES seems appropriate

Pokster
01-22-2020, 02:53 PM

He slagged off Sir G Boycott bb! How dare the moose shagging monster do that

Sir C
01-22-2020, 02:54 PM

:shrug: I don't think there was a disagreement. If you'd ever met WES, you'd understand why being in the company of a 6' 2", fat sweating Canadian, bellowing nonsense at eardrum-wrecking volume would cause even the mildest of men to attack him with a plastic pint glass.

Luis Anaconda
01-22-2020, 02:54 PM
Lunch was generally at Il Bacio, back when Il Bacio served some of the best pizzas available in London.

Drinking took place in The Woodbine.

When I was over for the City game, we went to a place called Grin and Beer it, sir c. Things have rather changed

Luis Anaconda
01-22-2020, 02:55 PM
:shrug: I don't think there was a disagreement. If you'd ever met WES, you'd understand why being in the company of a 6' 2", fat sweating Canadian, bellowing nonsense at eardrum-wrecking volume would cause even the mildest of men to attack him with a plastic pint glass.

Harsh

I think he is at least 6ft 3

Sir C
01-22-2020, 02:57 PM
When I was over for the City game, we went to a place called Grin and Beer it, sir c. Things have rather changed

"Craft beer bottle shop and taproom"

You utter, utter deviant.

la, is I disappoint.

Luis Anaconda
01-22-2020, 02:59 PM
"Craft beer bottle shop and taproom"

You utter, utter deviant.

la, is I disappoint.
Not my choice. When I turned up the usual characters were already "settled" in

Sir C
01-22-2020, 03:01 PM
Not my choice. When I turned up the usual characters were already "settled" in

Board games. It says they have board games :-(

There's still a branch of Il Bacio at Stoke Newington Church St apparently. I wonder if it's the same? With the little fellow with the rat's tail?

IUFG
01-22-2020, 03:05 PM
the Archbishop of Banterbury, Burney and I once accompanied stoner to a Hornchurch away game. On a freezing Tuesday night in November we travelled to Purfleet, where we stoof shivering in the company of 200 other idiots.

And to think, Burney recently abused me for attending an Arsenal away match at Newcastle.

when it is YOU who are the FúCKING DEVIANTS! :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
01-22-2020, 03:07 PM

There's still a branch of Il Bacio at Stoke Newington Church St apparently. I wonder if it's the same? With the little fellow with the rat's tail?

I would like to think so

Luis Anaconda
01-22-2020, 03:08 PM

Oh yeah - we went back after the game and there was a band playing downstairs. The place was tiny - they were basically serenading people as they went in and out of the loos

Sir C
01-22-2020, 03:10 PM
And to think, Burney recently abused me for attending an Arsenal away match at Newcastle.

when it is YOU who are the FúCKING DEVIANTS! :hehe:

In our defence, we were ripped to the tits on beak.

IUFG
01-22-2020, 03:13 PM

oh that's ok then :rolleyes:

Fúcksake, I've been gurning my happy face off on mandy but it has never, EVER, made me want to go to an Isthmian League football match.

PSRB
01-22-2020, 03:16 PM

Fúcksake, I've been gurning my happy face off on mandy but it has never, EVER, made me want to go to an Isthmian League football match.

:nod: Division 4 was as bad as I got

Sir C
01-22-2020, 03:17 PM

I was going through my changes, man. :-(

barrybueno
01-22-2020, 03:32 PM

The Chancery here in Beckenham has board games. Last week a few folks were playing Monopoly :hehe: :-|

IUFG
01-22-2020, 03:45 PM
I was going through my changes, man. :-(

at least you've come though to the other side, sc, and are happy you can now be yourself rather than living the lie :thumbup:

:grouphug:

IUFG
01-22-2020, 03:47 PM
:nod: Division 4 was as bad as I got

I once attended a Grimsby Town match, p. As the Sponsor's guest.

It was cold and foggy.

and really, really shít.

Sir C
01-22-2020, 03:48 PM
at least you've come though to the other side, sc, and are happy you can now be yourself rather than living the lie :thumbup:

:grouphug:

I'm not a transer or a poove or nuffink.

Luis Anaconda
01-22-2020, 03:49 PM

It was cold and foggy.

and really, really shít.
I've been to several :( Never in Grimsby of course

IUFG
01-22-2020, 03:50 PM
I've been to several :( Never in Grimsby of course

the only redeeming feature, I can recall, the only ONE, was a McDonalds just outside the stadium.

IUFG
01-22-2020, 03:54 PM
I'm not a transer or a poove or nuffink.

of course not, sc.

#StunningandBrave

barrybueno
01-22-2020, 04:09 PM
of course not, sc.

#StunningandBrave

C is for Closet :-O

PSRB
01-22-2020, 04:24 PM

It was cold and foggy.

and really, really shít.

I regularly went to watch Aldershot. I was seeing a lady who was a supporter and couldn't really afford to traipse up to London

Burney
01-23-2020, 09:51 AM

:nod: As I recall, it was necessary to inhale deeply in an extremely malodorous bog. :-(

Sir C
01-23-2020, 10:00 AM
:nod: As I recall, it was necessary to inhale deeply in an extremely malodorous bog. :-(

I also recall that, notwithstanding my deeply altered chemical condition, you asked for a demonstration of how fast my car would go. :-(

Burney
01-23-2020, 10:09 AM
I also recall that, notwithstanding my deeply altered chemical condition, you asked for a demonstration of how fast my car would go. :-(

:nod: And I believe that you provided same - albeit briefly.

IUFG
01-23-2020, 10:18 AM

XR4i ?

Crashed into someone's front room?

That sort of thing?

Sir C
01-23-2020, 10:23 AM
XR4i ?

Crashed into someone's front room?

That sort of thing?

:hehe:

XR4i. :hehe:

IUFG
01-23-2020, 10:27 AM
:hehe:

XR4i. :hehe:

if they were good enough for Our Tone...

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article10446426.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200b/MAIN-Tony-Adams-car-crash.jpg

Sir C
01-23-2020, 10:27 AM

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article10446426.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200b/MAIN-Tony-Adams-car-crash.jpg

Christ, he crashed an XR4i? George must have had him on 150 quid a week!

Burney
01-23-2020, 10:28 AM

Wasn't that some sort of souped-up Sierra Cosworth effort?

Burney
01-23-2020, 10:30 AM
Christ, he crashed an XR4i? George must have had him on 150 quid a week!

Do I remember in his book he said it took him years to muster the courage to actually ask for a payrise?

Luis Anaconda
01-23-2020, 10:48 AM
Do I remember in his book he said it took him years to muster the courage to actually ask for a payrise?
Something like that. As captain he had to negotiate bonuses for the team as well. I bet George ****ing loved that

Burney
01-23-2020, 10:51 AM
Something like that. As captain he had to negotiate bonuses for the team as well. I bet George ****ing loved that

:nod: Well the cash to fill those brown envelopes had to come from somewhere.

IUFG
01-23-2020, 10:52 AM
Wasn't that some sort of souped-up Sierra Cosworth effort?

I believe that particular shaped Sierra's Cosworth variant had a ridicules 'Whale-tail' spoiler, b.

Burney
01-23-2020, 10:54 AM
I believe that particular shaped Sierra's Cosworth variant had a ridicules 'Whale-tail' spoiler, b.

Well it certainly spoiled that fúcking wall.

barrybueno
01-23-2020, 11:18 AM

Wasn't the XR4i a 2 door abortion :sherlock:

IUFG
01-23-2020, 11:27 AM

Were all the MKI Sierra's 2 door?

The Cosworths were certainly 2 door until the Sapphire variant was launched.

That could be a Ghia badge on the front wing. Or a dent.

Over to our motoring correspondent, SC...

PSRB
01-23-2020, 11:27 AM

I think the Mk2 you could get in 4 door

IUFG
01-23-2020, 11:36 AM

the XR4x4..?

https://uploads.carandclassic.co.uk/uploads/cars/ford/11641613.jpg

barrybueno
01-23-2020, 11:39 AM
I think the Mk2 you could get in 4 door

You're right

https://fastestlaps.com/models/ford-sierra-xr4i-mk-ii

What a tragic and pointless car :-( wd Tone for doing the only decent thing...