PDA

View Full Version : Five-fer for Maharaj. Five for...180.

Burney
01-17-2020, 02:21 PM
:hehe:

Seriously, why was he still bowling when Wood was in?

Tony C
01-18-2020, 10:03 AM
And 15 maidens to boot :clap:

Quite tempted...if possible...to make this lot follow on

Tony C
01-19-2020, 03:41 PM
Root fifer INCOMMING :clap:

Luis Anaconda
01-20-2020, 09:20 AM
Root fifer INCOMMING :clap:

Think he might want to take himself off now

Tony C
01-20-2020, 09:22 AM
Loooooooooooool

Burney
01-20-2020, 09:30 AM
Think he might want to take himself off now

Made a bloody fool of himself staying on against the 10th wicket in search of his five-fer. 28 off an over. Tw@t.

PSRB
01-20-2020, 09:37 AM
Be good if our bowlers actually aimed for the stumps!

Burney
01-20-2020, 09:41 AM

True. Curran is also remarkably hittable if you've got nothing to lose.

Burney
01-20-2020, 09:52 AM

Thank fúck for that.

Just Trent
01-20-2020, 09:58 AM
Thank fúck for that.

At least this didn’t happen with the last few wickets yesterday.

Luis Anaconda
01-20-2020, 10:02 AM

Well, one did eventually. Can't really complain after dominating a Test like that

Burney
01-20-2020, 10:05 AM
Well, one did eventually. Can't really complain after dominating a Test like that

No, it's a bit of fun for the punters, but it was starting to irk slightly, if I'm honest.

Must admit, I'm still slightly bemused as to how we've managed to win our last two tests with quite such a makeshift bowling attack, but I shan't complain.

Mind you, as things stand, I'm not sure I could tell you what our best team is with everyone fully fit. :rubchin:

Rich
01-20-2020, 10:15 AM
No, it's a bit of fun for the punters, but it was starting to irk slightly, if I'm honest.

Must admit, I'm still slightly bemused as to how we've managed to win our last two tests with quite such a makeshift bowling attack, but I shan't complain.

Mind you, as things stand, I'm not sure I could tell you what our best team is with everyone fully fit. :rubchin:

Sounds like there might be question marks about Archer's attitude. Not bowling in the nets with the intensity required (and also on the pitch, too).

Burney
01-20-2020, 10:17 AM
Sounds like there might be question marks about Archer's attitude. Not bowling in the nets with the intensity required (and also on the pitch, too).

Not what I've heard. For my money, it's more an issue of him being overbowled by Root (still a fúcking appalling captain, by the way).

Tony C
01-20-2020, 10:34 AM
At least he got the follow on right...was fearing him batting again and completely mistiming the declaration.

Burney
01-20-2020, 10:35 AM
At least he got the follow on right...was fearing him batting again and completely mistiming the declaration.

Only because the decision was forced on him by the weather. But for that, he'd have pussied out.

Luis Anaconda
01-20-2020, 10:37 AM

tbf the Saffa batting line-up - Elgar apart - is as weak as I've seen it. Still took a great effort from Jimmy to get the ball rolling the first innnings of the second Test

Burney
01-20-2020, 10:41 AM
tbf the Saffa batting line-up - Elgar apart - is as weak as I've seen it. Still took a great effort from Jimmy to get the ball rolling the first innnings of the second Test

True - although Malan looks decent. De Kok - while absurdly talented - would drive me mental if he were English. Constantly giving his wicket away in increasingly stupid ways.

PSRB
01-20-2020, 10:47 AM
True - although Malan looks decent. De Kok - while absurdly talented - would drive me mental if he were English. Constantly giving his wicket away in increasingly stupid ways.

Completely agree on De Kok, you just know he's going to something daft at any moment.

Burney
01-20-2020, 10:51 AM
Completely agree on De Kok, you just know he's going to something daft at any moment.

It's a shame, because he's glorious to watch when he's going. He hit an on-drive off a 92mph ball from Wood in this game that was was absolutely one of the best things I've seen in ages. But then he got out trying to drive a straight one that simply wasn't there for it from Curran when his job was to save the game.

I suspect he's not terribly bright.

Luis Anaconda
01-20-2020, 10:56 AM

Malan will do ok and, yes, should have mentioned De Kok. In fact I can't believe I left de Kok out.

Not much when compared to having Smith, Amla, Kallis et al it lacks something. Mind you, we are a long way from Strauss, Cook, Trott, Bell and Pietersen as a top five, for example

Burney
01-20-2020, 11:08 AM
Malan will do ok and, yes, should have mentioned De Kok. In fact I can't believe I left de Kok out.

Not much when compared to having Smith, Amla, Kallis et al it lacks something. Mind you, we are a long way from Strauss, Cook, Trott, Bell and Pietersen as a top five, for example

:nod: Risky in these temperatures.

I'd agree on the relative weakness of both sides, but I'd say we've more reason for optimism than they do.

Luis Anaconda
01-20-2020, 11:12 AM
:nod: Risky in these temperatures.

I'd agree on the relative weakness of both sides, but I'd say we've more reason for optimism than they do.

definitely - much greater depth, youngsters making a difference. And not having to deal with a quota system. Bavuma will almost certainly be in for the next Test and possibly captain once Faf steps down. The whole Kolpak thing hasn't helped

Burney
01-20-2020, 11:18 AM
definitely - much greater depth, youngsters making a difference. And not having to deal with a quota system. Bavuma will almost certainly be in for the next Test and possibly captain once Faf steps down. The whole Kolpak thing hasn't helped

Yes, although Brexit may inadvertently do South African cricket a favour on Kolpak.