PDA

View Full Version : As I approach my final few years I am becoming more philosophical.

Sir C
01-16-2020, 03:16 PM
What a waste of a fúcking life.

You youngsters take some advice from an old man.

Be better. Do something, fo fúck's sake.

AND DON'T HURT PEOPLE!

Monty92
01-16-2020, 03:19 PM

AND DON'T HURT PEOPLE!

Not even Jews?

Burney
01-16-2020, 03:21 PM

AND DON'T HURT PEOPLE!

Oh, God! You're not having some sort of existential crisis, are you? :rolleyes:

Monty92
01-16-2020, 03:24 PM

He's realised that he has no head, imo.

http://www.headless.org/on-having-no-head.htm

Burney
01-16-2020, 03:28 PM

Is this some of your hippy-dippy meditation/mindfulness bullshít, m? Because if it is, I've no truck with that sort of thing.

Sir C
01-16-2020, 03:28 PM

I'm just coming to terms with the fact that, within the next few years, I will return to dust - and what will be my legacy? Some disappointed women and a chap with a damaged spleen.

There's no time left to build an empire or write a great novel. All will have been in vain.

Sir C
01-16-2020, 03:29 PM

What is this unmitigated *******s?

I'm going to die wishing I'd stabbed you. :-(

Monty92
01-16-2020, 03:31 PM
Is this some of your hippy-dippy meditation/mindfulness bullshít, m? Because if it is, I've no truck with that sort of thing.

I know you don't, but that's fine - we're all allowed one glaring intellectual blind-spot :p

Burney
01-16-2020, 03:32 PM
I'm just coming to terms with the fact that, within the next few years, I will return to dust - and what will be my legacy? Some disappointed women and a chap with a damaged spleen.

There's no time left to build an empire or write a great novel. All will have been in vain.

Were you hoping to build an empire or write a great novel particularly? Because I have to tell you that empire builders and novelists don't seem terribly happy, either.

Anyway, if it helps, in a few billion years, our sun will die and our solar system will collapse and there'll be no remnant of anything. I find that very comforting.

Monty92
01-16-2020, 03:33 PM

Do you see your head right now? Hmmmm?

Ruminate on that before you die, old man.

Burney
01-16-2020, 03:34 PM

Anyway, back to politics. Last night, I was thinking that Lisa Nandy seems nice and has a kind face.

Burney
01-16-2020, 03:35 PM
I know you don't, but that's fine - we're all allowed one glaring intellectual blind-spot :p

This is down to that nonce-voiced weirdo Sam Harris, isn't it?

Sir C
01-16-2020, 03:37 PM
Anyway, back to politics. Last night, I was thinking that Lisa Nandy seems nice and has a kind face.

I've never heard her speak but she looks a bit mumsy.

Not sure how she fits into the angrysex dungeon. Hopefully she'll say something about redistributing wealth and I'll pop her straight in.

Sir C
01-16-2020, 03:37 PM
This is down to that nonce-voiced weirdo Sam Harris, isn't it?

Is he that gay singer lad?

Burney
01-16-2020, 03:40 PM
I've never heard her speak but she looks a bit mumsy.

Not sure how she fits into the angrysex dungeon. Hopefully she'll say something about redistributing wealth and I'll pop her straight in.

I was thinking about the sex with her and I can't imagine her being terribly enthusiastic. I think she'd see it as a chore.

Mind you, of the available options, she's probably the least revolting. Even the possibilities offered by Long-Bailey's tiny facial orifice couldn't persuade me to go near her.

Burney
01-16-2020, 03:46 PM
Is he that gay singer lad?

No. He's that well-known oxymoron, an American intellectual.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-16-2020, 05:09 PM

The secret to writing a great novel c is to actually start writing it. It's a prerequisite in fact.

Burney
01-16-2020, 05:20 PM
The secret to writing a great novel c is to actually start writing it. It's a prerequisite in fact.

Never mind that, h. I've just discovered that there was a large-scale military operation in 1945 called 'Operation Blackcock' and it's making me chuckle a great deal. :hehe:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-17-2020, 11:34 AM
Never mind that, h. I've just discovered that there was a large-scale military operation in 1945 called 'Operation Blackcock' and it's making me chuckle a great deal. :hehe:

One can only conjecture b, that this was connected with the influx to this island of thousands of young, and hitherto unknown black American boys when the US Army decamped here prior to D-Day.

Word quickly spread that they possessed stupendously large cocks and most of our women, licentious gin drinking slatterns every one, couldn't wait to 'ave some.

Operation Blackcock was the effort to wean the girls off of these monstrous members before Tommy returned from the front to discover his wife's fanny, previously exhibiting a pleasing tautness, now resembled a well worn sea-boot.

barrybueno
01-17-2020, 11:55 AM

'The fact that I happened to be walking in the Himalayas at the time probably had little to do with it'

Some classic humblebragging there Clive.