PDA

View Full Version : I must confess that I didn't think in a 1,000 years would Iran admit that they had

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-13-2020, 01:40 PM
shot down the plane. My grasp of the complexities of Middle East politics has always been sketchy at best but I realise I no longer understand this world. Please explain.

(7sis - if you join the thread can you refrain from ranting about left wing hypocrisy and stick to the point please and Berni, not the old "Trump is so brilliant they had no choice" shtick either.)

Rich
01-13-2020, 01:47 PM
shot down the plane. My grasp of the complexities of Middle East politics has always been sketchy at best but I realise I no longer understand this world. Please explain.

(7sis - if you join the thread can you refrain from ranting about left wing hypocrisy and stick to the point please and Berni, not the old "Trump is so brilliant they had no choice" shtick either.)

I think the overwhelming evidence that they shot it down probably had something to do with it, H. Perhaps also a form of de-escalation too. Denying it would be a clear falsehood and would likely rile Big Donald up even more. Admitting it at least demonstrates a shred of integrity.

Why are the Iranian people so upset, though?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-13-2020, 02:04 PM
I think the overwhelming evidence that they shot it down probably had something to do with it, H. Perhaps also a form of de-escalation too. Denying it would be a clear falsehood and would likely rile Big Donald up even more. Admitting it at least demonstrates a shred of integrity.

Why are the Iranian people so upset, though?

Cos the farkin thing was packed to the gills with Iranians ya big bean-brained oaf!

Burney
01-13-2020, 02:17 PM

You'll notice that they didn't admit nuffink until they'd cleared away the debris, though. Suggests that in some ways they were more concerned about the embarrassments and possible revelations of a lengthy and protracted investigation by an external agency as they were about admitting fault.

Rich
01-13-2020, 02:23 PM
You'll notice that they didn't admit nuffink until they'd cleared away the debris, though. Suggests that in some ways they were more concerned about the embarrassments and possible revelations of a lengthy and protracted investigation by an external agency as they were about admitting fault.

What revalations could there be other than 'it was shot down by the exact same missiles that are in Iran's anti-aircraft installations'?

Burney
01-13-2020, 02:27 PM
What revalations could there be other than 'it was shot down by the exact same missiles that are in Iran's anti-aircraft installations'?

Who knows? Although I do think back to redgunamo asking what might have been on the plane. :sherlock:

Luis Anaconda
01-13-2020, 02:29 PM
Who knows? Although I do think back to redgunamo asking what might have been on the plane. :sherlock:

I think the only sensible, reasonable explanation is, of course, aliens, b

Burney
01-13-2020, 02:34 PM
I think the only sensible, reasonable explanation is, of course, aliens, b

I'm ruling nothing out, la. We're through the looking glass, here. :nod:

Sir C
01-13-2020, 02:44 PM
Who knows? Although I do think back to redgunamo asking what might have been on the plane*. :sherlock:

*Aircaft, or aeroplane.

Burney
01-13-2020, 02:46 PM
*Aircaft, or aeroplane.

Really? You pop up just for that?

Sir C
01-13-2020, 02:55 PM
Really? You pop up just for that?

Sorry. Busy but didn't wish to let standards drop.

Burney
01-13-2020, 02:58 PM
Sorry. Busy but didn't wish to let standards drop.

I once wrote in an email to a lady 'I appreciate that you're busty'. :-(

Sir C
01-13-2020, 03:08 PM
I once wrote in an email to a lady 'I appreciate that you're busty'. :-(

Aww that's rather sweet, actually. Was she?

Luis Anaconda
01-13-2020, 03:08 PM

and more importantly, pic?

Burney
01-13-2020, 03:15 PM

Reasonably so, yes. In fact, it worked quite well for me, as she was very amused by it and I was asking her to be a judge at our awards. We're quite good chums now, but I barely knew her at the time. She's now the chair of judges and delights in reminding me about it.

Sir C
01-13-2020, 03:20 PM
Reasonably so, yes. In fact, it worked quite well for me, as she was very amused by it and I was asking her to be a judge at our awards. We're quite good chums now, but I barely knew her at the time. She's now the chair of judges and delights in reminding me about it.

Did you ever get to blow your muck across her gargantuan dugs at all?

Burney
01-13-2020, 03:26 PM
Did you ever get to blow your muck across her gargantuan dugs at all?

Have you been possessed by Herb? :-(

No. Although I had a nasty moment last October when we were at the awards and she started telling me all about her divorce. She then left early, only to come back a few minutes' later, telling me she had no-one to go home to. I then spent far too much money buying drinks at the Landmark for several hours while she cried on my shoulder. I later poured her into a taxi.

I behaved like a perfect gentleman, but there was a time... but I've learnt that lesson.

Mind you, I'm taking her to lunch next month, so you never know. ;-)

Sir C
01-13-2020, 03:29 PM
Have you been possessed by Herb? :-(

No. Although I had a nasty moment last October when we were at the awards and she started telling me all about her divorce. She then left early, only to come back a few minutes' later, telling me she had no-one to go home to. I then spent far too much money buying drinks at the Landmark for several hours while she cried on my shoulder. I later poured her into a taxi.

I behaved like a perfect gentleman, but there was a time... but I've learnt that lesson.

Mind you, I'm taking her to lunch next month, so you never know. ;-)

Get stuck up it b. What could possibly go wrong?

PSRB
01-13-2020, 03:30 PM

:thumbup: Wise words, sc

Burney
01-13-2020, 03:32 PM

God, do you know I was thinking just the other day that I'm starting to notice the old libido slowing? I realised that I can now go an hour at a time without having a sexual thought. I don't know whether to be sad or happy. Maybe I should start injecting monkey glands?

Sir C
01-13-2020, 03:37 PM
God, do you know I was thinking just the other day that I'm starting to notice the old libido slowing? I realised that I can now go an hour at a time without having a sexual thought. I don't know whether to be sad or happy. Maybe I should start injecting monkey glands?

It's a phase. It will pass. The first hint of spring and the appearance of pretty little things in short skirts will soon have the sap rising again.

Sir C
01-13-2020, 03:38 PM
:thumbup: Wise words, sc

:thumbup: I speak as a man whose inability to control his knob has resulted in two attempts on my life and, worse, one hideously expensive divorce.

Burney
01-13-2020, 03:53 PM
:thumbup: I speak as a man whose inability to control his knob has resulted in two attempts on my life and, worse, one hideously expensive divorce.

Here's the thing. Why should it be that women are forgiven so much for their hormonal imbalances (PMT, menopause, post-natal depression,etc), but nobody ever makes any allowance for the fact that we're hard-wired to fire our gametes up any compliant female within shouting distance? It's not fair imo.

bbrian
01-13-2020, 04:04 PM

Obviously seeing as it was caught on video and Ganpati had done the calculations , they had no choice but to fess up H ...duh!

Burney
01-13-2020, 04:09 PM
Obviously seeing as it was caught on video and Ganpati had done the calculations , they had no choice but to fess up H ...duh!

:hehe: gg's calculations were ace. I've still no idea what he was hinting at.

bbrian
01-13-2020, 04:09 PM
Here's the thing. Why should it be that women are forgiven so much for their hormonal imbalances (PMT, menopause, post-natal depression,etc), but nobody ever makes any allowance for the fact that we're hard-wired to fire our gametes up any compliant female within shouting distance? It's not fair imo.

Total double standard B ..i think its why monasteries and convents were invented tbh .
You give that lass a good old fashioned sexing up after lunch...its what you were born to do!

Burney
01-13-2020, 04:14 PM
Total double standard B ..i think its why monasteries and convents were invented tbh .
You give that lass a good old fashioned sexing up after lunch...its what you were born to do!

I shall definitely give it some serious consideration, bb. :nod:

...and then not do it because I'm too much of a wuss/sensible these days.

PSRB
01-13-2020, 04:17 PM

Been there as well. Have a rather lovely 27 old South African in our office who seems to have taken a shine to me. Christmas Party she showed some rather revealing photos of herself to me. I showed immense restraint and walked away.
1. I'm a good boy
2. She's married to some lunatic Afrikaans fella

Sir C
01-13-2020, 04:22 PM
Been there as well. Have a rather lovely 27 old South African in our office who seems to have taken a shine to me. Christmas Party she showed some rather revealing photos of herself to me. I showed immense restraint and walked away.
1. I'm a good boy

:shrug: You're going to bone her. You know it, she knows it, we all know it.

Git r done, p.

Luis Anaconda
01-13-2020, 04:23 PM
1. I'm a good boy
Lunatic Afrikaans is surely a tautology

Burney
01-13-2020, 04:24 PM

Git r done, p.

It's a lot of effort, though, isn't it?

PSRB
01-13-2020, 04:25 PM

Git r done, p.

Nah, not worth the risk

Sir C
01-13-2020, 04:27 PM
It's a lot of effort, though, isn't it?

Oh I don't know. How much effort can you expend in 33 seconds?

Burney
01-13-2020, 04:29 PM
Oh I don't know. How much effort can you expend in 33 seconds?

If it were just that, then no problem. But it's all the faffing about involved before and afterwards that's such a nawse.

bbrian
01-13-2020, 04:30 PM
Nah, not worth the risk

If point no 2 didnt exist you'd be all over her P! Clearly you are a coward :-)
Its sounds very seasonal and Love Actually like tbh , and it worked out well for everyone there* ...so bone away!

*except the lad with the signs and maybe more that ive forgotten about

PSRB
01-13-2020, 04:30 PM
If it were just that, then no problem. But it's all the faffing about involved before and afterwards that's such a nawse.

:nod: All the secrecy and planning involved.

Burney
01-13-2020, 04:31 PM
Nah, not worth the risk

:hehe: I note that we are both ruling it out due to the risk/reward imbalance and not on the grounds that we love our wives very much and would never dream of hurting them, etc, etc. :hehe:

We're terrible people, p. :-(

Burney
01-13-2020, 04:31 PM
:nod: All the secrecy and planning involved.

:nod: And let's be honest, the hotel bills mount up as well.

Sir C
01-13-2020, 04:33 PM
:nod: And let's be honest, the hotel bills mount up as well.

And then there's the guilt and the self-loathing :-(

PSRB
01-13-2020, 04:37 PM

:rubchin: yeah, she might feel like that

Burney
01-13-2020, 04:38 PM

Oh yeah. That as well.

Burney
01-13-2020, 04:38 PM
:rubchin: yeah, she might feel like that

:hehe: :hehe:

PSRB
01-13-2020, 04:44 PM
:hehe: I note that we are both ruling it out due to the risk/reward imbalance and not on the grounds that we love our wives very much and would never dream of hurting them, etc, etc. :hehe:

:nod: very bad, b

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-13-2020, 05:13 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-13-2020, 06:49 PM

Go for it. This team could do with a peak form Bale.

redgunamo
01-13-2020, 08:12 PM
Not at all; it depends on the man. I'm guessing none of youse lot were actually bred, selected and raised to be strong, honest husbands and fathers (to, in your turn, bring up lots of strong, honest sons yourselves), in the first place. The idea that you were .. well, you're not really fooling anyone.

And, of course your better halves would have also accepted you on that basis and with that understanding. They have fully anticipated finding you bending at some point. They may even expect it, as it fits their pre-conceived belief about you specifically and about life in general.

Only a fool buys a hound and expects it to behave like a retriever; if you want a retriever you have to buy one. Women may not be the smartest, but they certainly all know what's what.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .