PDA

View Full Version : Basic rule for the Royal Family: DO NOT MARRY AMERICAN DIVORCEES.

Burney
01-09-2020, 09:00 AM
This one was so clearly a nightmare. I hope Her Majesty kneecaps the ****s.

Sir C
01-09-2020, 09:03 AM

One suspects they will end up disappointed, baleful and bitter, like poor old Edward.

Burney
01-09-2020, 09:06 AM
One suspects they will end up disappointed, baleful and bitter, like poor old Edward.

I agree. Although I would remind you that 'poor old Edward' was a Nazi-sympathising c@nt and very probably a traitor.

Sir C
01-09-2020, 09:12 AM
I agree. Although I would remind you that 'poor old Edward' was a Nazi-sympathising c@nt and very probably a traitor.

He always comes across as such a pathetically miserable creature though; it quite makes one pity the fellow.

Reading about British HiSo on the riviera in the '30s and post-war. The pair of them always hanging around like a bad smell, imposing themselves on (often reluctant) hosts, taking issue at the tiniest perceived slight, desperate to be the centre of attention and madly determined to hold onto the royal status and respect they were no longer due.

Ghastly people. Sad and miserable, nonetheless.

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2020, 09:16 AM

tbf he's hardly going to get promotion and she's well worth a tap

Burney
01-09-2020, 09:28 AM
He always comes across as such a pathetically miserable creature though; it quite makes one pity the fellow.

Reading about British HiSo on the riviera in the '30s and post-war. The pair of them always hanging around like a bad smell, imposing themselves on (often reluctant) hosts, taking issue at the tiniest perceived slight, desperate to be the centre of attention and madly determined to hold onto the royal status and respect they were no longer due.

Ghastly people. Sad and miserable, nonetheless.

Misery is the proper condition for one who shirks his Holy duty as King, I'm afraid.

Sir C
01-09-2020, 10:03 AM
Misery is the proper condition for one who shirks his Holy duty as King, I'm afraid.

There is nothing 'holy' about the British monarchy, b. Not since the heretic Henry Vlll broke with Mother Church.

Have you read the Cazalet Chronicles, btw? The glw strong-armed me into them. They're extremely girly and rather good.

Burney
01-09-2020, 10:20 AM
There is nothing 'holy' about the British monarchy, b. Not since the heretic Henry Vlll broke with Mother Church.

Have you read the Cazalet Chronicles, btw? The glw strong-armed me into them. They're extremely girly and rather good.

Oooh, no. I've had a look and I'm sure they're very good if you like Daphne Du Maurier, Georgette Heyer and whatnot, but pas pour moi, Clive.

Sir C
01-09-2020, 10:30 AM
Oooh, no. I've had a look and I'm sure they're very good if you like Daphne Du Maurier, Georgette Heyer and whatnot, but pas pour moi, Clive.

Exactly! They have that du Maurier feel about them, but also echoes of wossname, Camomile Lawn. :cloud9:

I listened to a Georgette Heyer on a road trip a couple of years ago. It was a rollicking good yarn! No bodices got ripped, sadly.

Burney
01-09-2020, 10:31 AM
Exactly! They have that du Maurier feel about them, but also echoes of wossname, Camomile Lawn. :cloud9:

I listened to a Georgette Heyer on a road trip a couple of years ago. It was a rollicking good yarn! No bodices got ripped, sadly.

:-( Is she slipping hormones into your tea? Have you started growing breasts?

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2020, 10:35 AM

Camomile Lawn was great - it had Tara Fitzgerald and Jennifer Ehle in the nip - proper TV

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-09-2020, 10:43 AM

fire and grab an old Sven Hassel c. Allow the jackboot of manly fascism to kick that foppish tendency out of you. Start with Liquidate Paris. Remind yourself how real men conduct themselves.

Sir C
01-09-2020, 10:46 AM
fire and grab an old Sven Hassel c. Allow the jackboot of manly fascism to kick that foppish tendency out of you. Start with Liquidate Paris. Remind yourself how real men conduct themselves.

:hehe: I still feel like I'm mates with The Old Man, Tiny, Porta and the Legionnaire. Julius Heide, not so much.

I'm pretty sure that at some point the Legionnaire stopped being Muslim for a while and became a Buddhist. Also he had a peculiarly on/off relationship with booze.

Sir C
01-09-2020, 10:47 AM
Camomile Lawn was great - it had Tara Fitzgerald and Jennifer Ehle in the nip - proper TV

Talking of which, this BBC production of the Profumo scandal story features some rather top totty all nudified. Also stockings and spendies.

Back in 5.

Sir C
01-09-2020, 10:49 AM
:-( Is she slipping hormones into your tea? Have you started growing breasts?

What can I say? I have eclectic tastes.

I'm listening to the latest Le Carré. The man is now a tiresomely leftist bore. :-(

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2020, 10:51 AM
Talking of which, this BBC production of the Profumo scandal story features some rather top totty all nudified. Also stockings and spendies.

Back in 5.

Oo - was reading about that this morning. Interview with Keeler's son in The Times was very interesting

IUFG
01-09-2020, 10:55 AM

2 non-shapeshifting, lizards innit. She's a human furriner and he's a Spencer / Hewitt.

He's been rejected by the reptiles cos he wouldn't cross breed, imo.

#Icke

Burney
01-09-2020, 10:55 AM
What can I say? I have eclectic tastes.

I'm listening to the latest Le Carré. The man is now a tiresomely leftist bore. :-(

Is this the one where he starts banging on about how terrible Brexit is via his fictional proxy? Fúck that. I must admit I read a precis of it and binned any thought of getting it.

Sir C
01-09-2020, 10:59 AM
Is this the one where he starts banging on about how terrible Brexit is via his fictional proxy? Fúck that. I must admit I read a precis of it and binned any thought of getting it.

Oh yes, there's Brexit and there's Trump.

Daft old bugger. George would have told him to man up and get on with it.

Sir C
01-09-2020, 11:03 AM
Oo - was reading about that this morning. Interview with Keeler's son in The Times was very interesting

I wouldn't like to be Christine Keeler's son. I mean, she was a lady of negotiable virtue and all that, but even when not being paid, she appears to have been exceedingly free with her favours. :-(

Burney
01-09-2020, 11:10 AM
I wouldn't like to be Christine Keeler's son. I mean, she was a lady of negotiable virtue and all that, but even when not being paid, she appears to have been exceedingly free with her favours. :-(

Yes, school must have been tricky for the poor chap. Can't be easy if your mum actually is a slag.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-09-2020, 11:17 AM
:hehe: I still feel like I'm mates with The Old Man, Tiny, Porta and the Legionnaire. Julius Heide, not so much.

I'm pretty sure that at some point the Legionnaire stopped being Muslim for a while and became a Buddhist. Also he had a peculiarly on/off relationship with booze.

Was the Legionnaire the one whose tackle had been shot off in an earlier campaign?

Every man with a little spirit and adventure has, at some time in their life, befriended a Tiny. You quickly realize that he is so out of your league when it comes to brawing and boozing that you will soon end up disappointing him so best to extricate yourself from the friendship before you get seriously injured.

Burney
01-09-2020, 11:19 AM

Do these people ever stop to consider just how drearily conservative these maunderings are? In essence, they are no different to previous generations bemoaning unwelcome societal change in everything from votes for women to the end of the death penalty and the legalisation of homosexuality. Things change - deal with it.

Burney
01-09-2020, 11:20 AM
Oh yes, there's Brexit and there's Trump.

Daft old bugger. George would have told him to man up and get on with it.

Do these people ever stop to consider just how drearily conservative these maunderings are? In essence, they are no different to previous generations bemoaning unwelcome societal change in everything from votes for women to the end of the death penalty and the legalisation of homosexuality. Things change - deal with it.

Sir C
01-09-2020, 11:30 AM
Was the Legionnaire the one whose tackle had been shot off in an earlier campaign?

Every man with a little spirit and adventure has, at some time in their life, befriended a Tiny. You quickly realize that he is so out of your league when it comes to brawing and boozing that you will soon end up disappointing him so best to extricate yourself from the friendship before you get seriously injured.

I believe his 'nads were sliced off by some bedouins.

Remember when Tiny got married? While they were convalescing ina Hamburg hospital? :hehe: She was a huge lump.

Burney
01-09-2020, 11:34 AM
I believe his 'nads were sliced off by some bedouins.

Remember when Tiny got married? While they were convalescing ina Hamburg hospital? :hehe: She was a huge lump.

I got confused there and thought you meant John Le Carré. :hehe:

Sir C
01-09-2020, 11:38 AM
I got confused there and thought you meant John Le Carré. :hehe:

You never read the Sven Hassels, did you?

I don't believe there is any way to come to them as an adult, sadly. They need to be imbibed in childhood, and then they may be sipped at from time to time in adulthood.

Burney
01-09-2020, 12:12 PM

I don't believe there is any way to come to them as an adult, sadly. They need to be imbibed in childhood, and then they may be sipped at from time to time in adulthood.

Sadly not. I had no interest in reading about the baddies.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-09-2020, 12:13 PM

Adolescence more than childhood.

Burney
01-09-2020, 12:15 PM
Adolescence more than childhood.

Not the sort of distinction one would care to try and explain to a judge, h. :-\

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2020, 12:55 PM
Yes, school must have been tricky for the poor chap. Can't be easy if your mum actually is a slag.

He does actually say in the interview that the boys at his school were quite understanding. Probably just wanted a go on his mum tbf

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
01-09-2020, 01:41 PM
tbf he's hardly going to get promotion and she's well worth a tap

If anything, his corporate grade is being eroded on an almost annual basis.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-09-2020, 02:54 PM
He does actually say in the interview that the boys at his school were quite understanding. Probably just wanted a go on his mum tbf

It was a boarding school. I just reckon they like the idea of sexy totty dropping their knickers for ugly public school boys. Something I support myself.