That's a pain!

Just Trent
01-08-2020, 06:47 PM
That's a pain!

Poor Jimmy. :old: :cry:

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2020, 09:19 AM
That's a pain!

Strange injury as well - without getting hit how do you injure a rib (and they are saying it is a bone injury not a muscle one)

Burney
01-09-2020, 09:30 AM
Strange injury as well - without getting hit how do you injure a rib (and they are saying it is a bone injury not a muscle one)

I once bust my rib diving for a ball at silly mid-off. I stopped it and then felt it go. Fúcking agony.

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2020, 09:49 AM
I once bust my rib diving for a ball at silly mid-off. I stopped it and then felt it go. Fúcking agony.

I've had many a rib injury - normally from colliding with goalkeepers. Worst I had was an innocuous collision with one in a five a side match. Keeper just brushed me but a second later I had intense pain and couldn't breathe - horrible moment

Burney
01-09-2020, 09:56 AM
I've had many a rib injury - normally from colliding with goalkeepers. Worst I had was an innocuous collision with one in a five a side match. Keeper just brushed me but a second later I had intense pain and couldn't breathe - horrible moment

:nod: It must be one of the most painful and inconvenient minor injuries one can suffer. You get no sympathy because there's no visible sign of it, but it affects pretty much everything you do and leaves you in pain in basically any circumstances.

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2020, 10:03 AM
:nod: It must be one of the most painful and inconvenient minor injuries one can suffer. You get no sympathy because there's no visible sign of it, but it affects pretty much everything you do and leaves you in pain in basically any circumstances.

On the other hand you get to take very strong painkillers if you find the right doctor. Speaking of injuries, seems Wood might actually be fit for once - wouldn't mind him and Archer in the same team

Burney
01-09-2020, 10:24 AM
On the other hand you get to take very strong painkillers if you find the right doctor. Speaking of injuries, seems Wood might actually be fit for once - wouldn't mind him and Archer in the same team

I didn't. I tried, but no dice. :furious:

Rich
01-09-2020, 12:14 PM
That's a pain!

:nono: We are playing South Africa. There will therefore be a total of five test matches.

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2020, 12:53 PM
:nono: We are playing South Africa. There will therefore be a total of five test matches.
There should be r, but unfortunately only four Tests in this series. We then play another two Tests in Sri Lanka just 18 months since we last played them :shrug: I don't understand it at all

PSRB
01-09-2020, 01:05 PM

I did it in South of France when my **** mate crashed a jet bike, had 2 weeks camping to go. It was agony. Also why I hate camping

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
01-09-2020, 03:18 PM
There should be r, but unfortunately only four Tests in this series. We then play another two Tests in Sri Lanka just 18 months since we last played them :shrug: I don't understand it at all

I do wish we'd vary the length of the less prestigious series depending on the quality of the opponents. I remember watching a 2 test SL series when I was in Rajasthan c.2012. Ended 1-1 after a magic KP knock in the 2nd test. When they had Sanga and Jaya and we had Swann and proper batsmen.

That really should have been 4 tests at least. The NZ series just gone could have done with a 3rd test. We should stop playing the ODIs. We don't play domestic 50-over matches so we'll never win it again.

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2020, 04:15 PM
I do wish we'd vary the length of the less prestigious series depending on the quality of the opponents. I remember watching a 2 test SL series when I was in Rajasthan c.2012. Ended 1-1 after a magic KP knock in the 2nd test. When they had Sanga and Jaya and we had Swann and proper batsmen.

That really should have been 4 tests at least. The NZ series just gone could have done with a 3rd test. We should stop playing the ODIs. We don't play domestic 50-over matches so we'll never win it again.

Can't understand 2 test series - three should be the minimum

PSRB
01-09-2020, 04:24 PM
Can't understand 2 test series - three should be the minimum

All to do with this stupid test league table, innit?

Luis Anaconda
01-09-2020, 04:44 PM
All to do with this stupid test league table, innit?

Oh yeah - which is going to end in India Australia at Lord's