PDA

View Full Version : Amusing to see Jess Phillips - the woman Monty assured us could 'hurt' Boris - making

Burney
01-07-2020, 12:30 PM
a complete fool of herself on Good Morning Britain over her wish to rejoin the EU. Her leadership bid is over virtually before it began.

As I said, an intellectual and political lightweight.

Monty92
01-07-2020, 01:21 PM
a complete fool of herself on Good Morning Britain over her wish to rejoin the EU. Her leadership bid is over virtually before it began.

:hehe: You watch Good Morning Britain.

Get a job, mate :vsign:

p.s. how far into the show was it? I'll watch on catch up...

Monty92
01-07-2020, 01:33 PM
:hehe: You watch Good Morning Britain.

Get a job, mate :vsign:

p.s. how far into the show was it? I'll watch on catch up...

I'm working my way through the show now and am sad to report that David Seaman is morphing into David Guest :-(

Sir C
01-07-2020, 01:53 PM

Foul-mouthed termagant.

Her, not you.

Burney
01-07-2020, 02:17 PM
I'm working my way through the show now and am sad to report that David Seaman is morphing into David Guest :-(

I watched it on clips, obvs. I'm not a pleb.

Incidentally, what wouldn't I do to Susanna Reid.

https://twitter.com/addicted2newz/status/1214494307241119744

https://twitter.com/addicted2newz/status/1214473437961474048

Burney
01-07-2020, 02:18 PM
Foul-mouthed termagant.

Her, not you.

I am genuinely perplexed as to who the worst candidate for the Labour leadership is. They're all disastrous in different ways.

Monty92
01-07-2020, 02:27 PM
I am genuinely perplexed as to who the worst candidate for the Labour leadership is. They're all disastrous in different ways.

What would make Steer Calmer a "disaster"?

He definitely has the best hair, the importance of which, as Arsenal fans know better than most, cannot be overstated.

Burney
01-07-2020, 02:31 PM
What would make Steer Calmer a "disaster"?

He definitely has the best hair, the importance of which, as Arsenal fans know better than most, cannot be overstated.

He's got inappropriate hair, a squeaky voice, is seen as a posh, quasi-Blairite London type and is fatally tainted with the Mark of Remain.

barrybueno
01-07-2020, 02:40 PM
I watched it on clips, obvs. I'm not a pleb.

Incidentally, what wouldn't I do to Susanna Reid.

https://twitter.com/addicted2newz/status/1214494307241119744

https://twitter.com/addicted2newz/status/1214473437961474048

Back off B, she's Palace and she's mine :love:

Monty92
01-07-2020, 02:40 PM
He's got inappropriate hair, a squeaky voice, is seen as a posh, quasi-Blairite London type and is fatally tainted with the Mark of Remain.

I don't think the Mark of Remain is terminal. He's already made all the right noises about the fact we are leaving and now need to make the best of it.

The squeaky voice is a problem.

Burney
01-07-2020, 02:43 PM
Back off B, she's Palace and she's mine :love:

She went to Croham Hurst, which makes her the preserve of Whitgiftians I'm afraid.

I wonder which lucky Old Whit first got his hand in her knickers?

Incidentally, keen lesbian Su Perkins also went to Croham Hurst and lost her virginity to the brother of a fried of mine who was the son of Boba Fett. True story.

Burney
01-07-2020, 02:48 PM
I don't think the Mark of Remain is terminal. He's already made all the right noises about the fact we are leaving and now need to make the best of it.

The squeaky voice is a problem.

Oh, I think he's the most credible of the available choices by virtue of not being utterly terrible, but he's a charisma vacuum and I suspect the Momentum crowd will try and nobble him. I also think they're going to put a woman in just because they're embarrassed by the tories being able to taunt them with two female PMs to their zero female leaders.

What I really can't work out is why any ambitious politician would even want the job right now. Let someone else get it, fail horribly and then make your move imo.

Monty92
01-07-2020, 02:53 PM
Oh, I think he's the most credible of the available choices by virtue of not being utterly terrible, but he's a charisma vacuum and I suspect the Momentum crowd will try and nobble him. I also think they're going to put a woman in just because they're embarrassed by the tories being able to taunt them with two female PMs to their zero female leaders.

What I really can't work out is why any ambitious politician would even want the job right now. Let someone else get it, fail horribly and then make your move imo.

It's a profile raising exercise for most of them, isn't it? Certainly for the likes of Clive Lewis who has f*ck all chance of winning but could do enough to land a shadow cabinet position.

Burney
01-07-2020, 02:57 PM
It's a profile raising exercise for most of them, isn't it? Certainly for the likes of Clive Lewis who has f*ck all chance of winning but could do enough to land a shadow cabinet position.

Oh, sure - I'd assume that's why Jess Philips is doing it, but her ego is such that who knows? but someone's got to win it and it's a seriously poisoned chalice.

barrybueno
01-07-2020, 03:08 PM
She went to Croham Hurst, which makes her the preserve of Whitgiftians I'm afraid.

I wonder which lucky Old Whit first got his hand in her knickers?

Incidentally, keen lesbian Su Perkins also went to Croham Hurst and lost her virginity to the brother of a fried of mine who was the son of Boba Fett. True story.

Not sure what I'm basing this on but I reckon Susanna is one of those rare birds who's got better by age. Still a fantastic pub/party line for the lucky lad who got in there first mind...

Monty92
01-07-2020, 03:08 PM
Oh, sure - I'd assume that's why Jess Philips is doing it, but her ego is such that who knows? but someone's got to win it and it's a seriously poisoned chalice.

I dunno man. I think there might be a fairly big post-Corbyn bounce, just by virtue of the fact that the new leader won't be waking up every day to front page headlines highlighting yet another sordid example of 40 years of them fraternising with terrorists and anti-Semites.

And it's only really Wrong-Daily who is refusing to renounce Corbyn. The rest will fairly comfortably manage to avoid being tainted by association, imo.

Burney
01-07-2020, 03:21 PM
I dunno man. I think there might be a fairly big post-Corbyn bounce, just by virtue of the fact that the new leader won't be waking up every day to front page headlines highlighting yet another sordid example of 40 years of them fraternising with terrorists and anti-Semites.

And it's only really Wrong-Daily who is refusing to renounce Corbyn. The rest will fairly comfortably manage to avoid being tainted by association, imo.

Yes, but even if you get shot of Corbyn and the Corbynite candidate, you've still got McCluskey holding the purse strings, Momentum dominating the membership (and thus Conference) and the NEC largely in the hands of the hard left. The party's largely ungovernable.