PDA

View Full Version : Fair to say the Donald is taking a zero tolerance attitude to attacks on US Embassies

Burney
01-03-2020, 09:08 AM
Your move, Iran.

Sir C
01-03-2020, 09:11 AM
Your move, Iran.

I was talking to a chap in an embassy in the Green Zone in Baghdad yesterday and suggested that he'd been having quite the time of it recently. He asssured me that it was all a storm in a tea cup and that he wasn't in the least concerned.

:hehe:

Burney
01-03-2020, 09:18 AM
I was talking to a chap in an embassy in the Green Zone in Baghdad yesterday and suggested that he'd been having quite the time of it recently. He asssured me that it was all a storm in a tea cup and that he wasn't in the least concerned.

Iran did seem to have been getting a little hubristic. Khameini taunted Trump on Twitter the other day saying he couldn't do anything about the embassy attack...

...so he effectively decapitated their foreign military operations in a single blow. :hehe:

You've got to say that as a display of ruthless power it's fairly impressive.

Sir C
01-03-2020, 09:20 AM
Iran did seem to have been getting a little hubristic. Khameini taunted Trump on Twitter the other day saying he couldn't do anything about the embassy attack...

...so he effectively decapitated their foreign military operations in a single blow. :hehe:

I read some where that the Israelis have previously tried to take him out and failed - but the US can do it at the drop of a hat.

It's Jeremy I feel sorry for. Another dear friend lost. :cry:

Burney
01-03-2020, 09:25 AM
I read some where that the Israelis have previously tried to take him out and failed - but the US can do it at the drop of a hat.

I read that they were ready to pull the trigger, but that Obama kiboshed it because he was a little bitch.

The Labour front bench are already all over Twitter. See if you can guess whose side they take?

Hint: It's not that of our most significant strategic ally.

Sir C
01-03-2020, 09:31 AM
I read that they were ready to pull the trigger, but that Obama kiboshed it because he was a little bitch.

The Labour front bench are already all over Twitter. See if you can guess whose side they take?

Hint: It's not that of our most significant strategic ally.

I like the Le Carré aspect of the thing. They've got an asset in there, extremely close to the target, letting them know where he'll be, and when...

An extremely brave fellow. Possibly lady. Chapeau.

Burney
01-03-2020, 09:33 AM

Also, from the pictures, it's clear that, while the Hellfire missile pretty much evaporated the cabin of the vehicle, the front end remained remarkably intact.

Yet another triumph for Toyota's build quality imo.

Burney
01-03-2020, 09:35 AM
I like the Le Carré aspect of the thing. They've got an asset in there, extremely close to the target, letting them know where he'll be, and when...

An extremely brave fellow. Possibly lady. Chapeau.

I'd wager the asset is Israel's. They tend to be better at the deep penetration stuff.

Just Trent
01-03-2020, 09:39 AM

:nod: Fair play to Donald. He keeps himself busy.

Burney
01-03-2020, 09:43 AM
:nod: Fair play to Donald. He keeps himself busy.

:nod: By the way, has anyone seen redgunamo lately? :sherlock:

Sir C
01-03-2020, 09:45 AM
Also, from the pictures, it's clear that, while the Hellfire missile pretty much evaporated the cabin of the vehicle, the front end remained remarkably intact.

Yet another triumph for Toyota's build quality imo.

No such thing as bad publicity, I suppose.

Burney
01-03-2020, 09:49 AM

Yes. I do wonder what percentage of their global sales is represented by the murderous Allan demographic, though.

Sir C
01-03-2020, 09:53 AM
Yes. I do wonder what percentage of their global sales is represented by the murderous Allan demographic, though.

:nod: Sadly, Allans only really want left hand drive cars :-(

IUFG
01-03-2020, 09:55 AM

apart from the shíte brakes thing, of course.

dunno if the Hilux was affected by that particular scandal, now I think about it...

Billy Goat Sverige
01-03-2020, 09:57 AM
:nod: By the way, has anyone seen redgunamo lately? :sherlock:

What exactly is R’s area of expertise? Is he a “diplomat” or trained assassin?

Burney
01-03-2020, 09:57 AM
:nod: Sadly, Allans only really want left hand drive cars :-(

On the bright side, that means your conscience is clean. Ish.

Burney
01-03-2020, 09:58 AM

I think 'International Man of Mystery' is what he has on his business cards, b.

Sir C
01-03-2020, 09:59 AM

dunno if the Hilux was affected by that particular scandal, now I think about it...

It was a throttle scandal, wasn't it?

It only really affected stupid people who couldn't work out that if the throttle stuck open, putting the car into neutral would solve the problem.

Burney
01-03-2020, 09:59 AM

If it comes to an insurance or compensation claim, I think they'll struggle to blame this one on the brakes.

IUFG
01-03-2020, 10:00 AM
If it comes to an insurance or compensation claim, I think they'll struggle to blame this one on the brakes.

well, if the brakes were a leeetel beet more effective...

Sir C
01-03-2020, 10:00 AM
On the bright side, that means your conscience is clean. Ish.

'Conscience' :hehe:

This is business, man.

Sir C
01-03-2020, 10:03 AM

I'd go with 'Security Consultant'.

He'd kill your mum for 50 pence.

IUFG
01-03-2020, 10:09 AM
It was a throttle scandal, wasn't it?

It only really affected stupid people who couldn't work out that if the throttle stuck open, putting the car into neutral would solve the problem.

there was a throttle problem. possibly a few fatal accidents too.

there was a braking problem - software issue istr.

Toyota - normally reliable. sometimes a bit shít.
They can use that for their marketing...

Sir C
01-03-2020, 10:15 AM
there was a throttle problem. possibly a few fatal accidents too.

there was a braking problem - software issue istr.

Toyota - normally reliable. sometimes a bit shít.
They can use that for their marketing...

:thumbup: I'll mention it next time I'm at HQ.