PDA

View Full Version : So the KO against dirty dirty depraved and filthy Leeds is 19:56. What new madness

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-02-2020, 02:41 PM
is this?

. . . . . . .

Sir C
01-02-2020, 02:42 PM
is this?

. . . . . . .

Yes, I see all the FA cup ties have these odd kick off times.

Burney
01-02-2020, 02:44 PM
is this?

. . . . . . .

Is it to allow for the mandatory four minutes of extra time?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-02-2020, 02:48 PM
Is it to allow for the mandatory four minutes of extra time?

Or a four minute silence to mourn the death of democracy and mark our inexorable spiral into the fascism of a single party state?

Burney
01-02-2020, 02:58 PM
Or a four minute silence to mourn the death of democracy and mark our inexorable spiral into the fascism of a single party state?

Oooh, stop it, h. You're giving me the raging horn. :cloud9:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-02-2020, 03:01 PM
Oooh, stop it, h. You're giving me the raging horn. :cloud9:

You do realise b that Conducator Boris will exact jus primae noctis over our wives the lascivious old goat? (he's welcome to mine).

Burney
01-02-2020, 03:04 PM
You do realise b that Conducator Boris will exact jus primae noctis over our wives the lascivious old goat? (he's welcome to mine).

It would be my privilege and honour to offer up my wife's favours for our country's Glorious Leader, h.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-02-2020, 03:08 PM
It would be my privilege and honour to offer up my wife's favours for our country's Glorious Leader, h.

Do you suppose he spouts his faux Latin when he shoots his bolt?

I'll wager he's actually a real craic to go on the lash with. Corbyn would probably drink water.

Burney
01-02-2020, 03:17 PM
Do you suppose he spouts his faux Latin when he shoots his bolt?

I'll wager he's actually a real craic to go on the lash with. Corbyn would probably drink water.

I think pretty much everyone who's ever met him personally acknowledges that he is highly amusing and very good company. :shrug:
And, while that may not be a great recommendation for a head of government, one can hardly blame the electorate for preferring that to the dry awkwardness of May; the humourlessness, faux-earnestness and barely-concealed spite of Corbyn or the lumbering tone-deafness of Swinson.
And that's the thing, of course. People who don't really understand the English think we're puritanical and straight-laced, but in fact outside the drearier bits of the bourgeoisie, we're actually fairly Rabelaisian and we like a bit of a lad.