PDA

View Full Version : So, having run out of things to watch, I turned on 'Dracula' on the BBC last night.

Burney
01-02-2020, 02:20 PM
It wasn't too bad.

Obviously, Dracula is now a bit gay, Van Helsing is a chick and they managed to sneak a load of ethnically diverse nuns into 19th Century Hungary, but all in all it could have been worse.

I'm told A Christmas Carol was truly fúcking dreadful, that the Cratchits were mixed-race, Scrooge was nonced off as a child and Tiny Tim was played by an actual raspberry (nobody needs crippled kids at Christmas).

Sir C
01-02-2020, 02:29 PM
It wasn't too bad.

Obviously, Dracula is now a bit gay, Van Helsing is a chick and they managed to sneak a load of ethnically diverse nuns into 19th Century Hungary, but all in all it could have been worse.

I'm told A Christmas Carol was truly fúcking dreadful, that the Cratchits were mixed-race, Scrooge was nonced off as a child and Tiny Tim was played by an actual raspberry (nobody needs crippled kids at Christmas).

I just read a review of Dracula and decided to watch it tonight.

Apparently David Copperfield was of south Asian origin. Who knew?

Burney
01-02-2020, 02:31 PM
I just read a review of Dracula and decided to watch it tonight.

Apparently David Copperfield was of south Asian origin. Who knew?

To be fair, he is quite brown.

Sir C
01-02-2020, 02:33 PM
To be fair, he is quite brown.

I'm going to take a wild guess and suggest that he might not be welcome round the Corbyns'.

Burney
01-02-2020, 02:38 PM
I'm going to take a wild guess and suggest that he might not be welcome round the Corbyns'.

:nod: You'll be amazed to learn that 'Copperfield' isn't his real name. He is in fact 'David Seth Kotkin', which suggests he may not be wholly unfamiliar with the taste of Christian child blood.

Sir C
01-02-2020, 02:41 PM
:nod: You'll be amazed to learn that 'Copperfield' isn't his real name. He is in fact 'David Seth Kotkin', which suggests he may not be wholly unfamiliar with the taste of Christian child blood.

Thank God Jeremy and John won the election so they can protect us from the, y'know, 'Zionists'.

:hehe:

Burney
01-02-2020, 02:45 PM
Thank God Jeremy and John won the election so they can protect us from the, y'know, 'Zionists'.

:hehe:

Look, the Jews brought all the antisemitism on themselves by complaining about all the antisemitism. That's just a fact.

Sir C
01-02-2020, 02:48 PM
Look, the Jews brought all the antisemitism on themselves by complaining about all the antisemitism. That's just a fact.

Yes, also by slaughtering Palestinian children. Mind you, they haven't slaughtered as many innocents as the Tories who have (and this is a quote from a Twitterlefty) 'killed literally millions with austerity'.

So there you have it. Jews and Tories. Literally genocidal murderers.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
01-02-2020, 02:51 PM
It wasn't too bad.

Was Tiny Tim a chicken's nipple in the novel then?

Burney
01-02-2020, 02:54 PM
Yes, also by slaughtering Palestinian children. Mind you, they haven't slaughtered as many innocents as the Tories who have (and this is a quote from a Twitterlefty) 'killed literally millions with austerity'.

So there you have it. Jews and Tories. Literally genocidal murderers.

I must say, I thought knighting IDS was superb trolling. They really do think he's some sort of a mixture of Hitler and Vlad the Impaler.