PDA

View Full Version : Has any other 'big' club appointed a manager without ever having

bbrian
12-20-2019, 03:37 PM
Managed a game before? I cant seem to recall any , but i'm sure it's not only Arsenal that appoint physio's and club secretaries e.t.c
Not really bothered by it tbh , just curious

barrybueno
12-20-2019, 03:42 PM
Managed a game before? I cant seem to recall any , but i'm sure it's not only Arsenal that appoint physio's and club secretaries e.t.c

Liverpool did it all the time through the boot room thingy. Not sure if it was ever successful tbh

Sir C
12-20-2019, 03:46 PM

Barcelona.

Maravilloso Marvo
12-20-2019, 03:52 PM
Barcelona.

Wallop, well played Sir C

bbrian
12-20-2019, 04:04 PM
Liverpool did it all the time through the boot room thingy. Not sure if it was ever successful tbh

6 champions leagues on the way :cloud9:

Tony C
12-20-2019, 04:22 PM
Saka > Messi
Gwen > Iniesta
Holding > Pique
Nketiah > Benzema

This game is eaaaaaaaaasy

Pokster
12-23-2019, 08:29 AM

Bob Paisly, Kenny Dalglish, Bertie Mee

Billy Goat Sverige
12-23-2019, 09:59 AM
Chelsea appointed Gullit and Vialli. Both player-manager. I suppose you could argue about how big a club they were at the time.

Pokster
12-23-2019, 10:02 AM
Wallop, well played Sir C

Hadn't he managed at Barca's B team in the second/third division?

Pokster
12-23-2019, 10:04 AM

Should be pointed out that the 2 managers we have appointed with the most experience before they joined us lasted a total of 2 and a bit seasons before being sacked. Rioch and UE

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-23-2019, 10:55 AM

King Kenny was player manager then manager

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-23-2019, 11:00 AM
King Kenny was player manager then manager

Can you be more specific?

Tony C
12-23-2019, 11:24 AM
One manager I was keeping an eye on for a bet was Giovanni Van Bronkhorst.

Was the assistant at Feyenoord...took over and won the league.

It’s not impossible for Arteta to bridge the gap especially if the club back him with clearing out the rubbish / trouble makers.