PDA

View Full Version : I having the bathroom redone in January

Pat Vegas
12-16-2019, 01:33 PM
do I need a shaver socket? it's not something I really use.
can won use it for toothbrushes, i find it highly annoying my toothbrush is charging in my bedroom.

Pokster
12-16-2019, 01:39 PM
do I need a shaver socket? it's not something I really use.
can won use it for toothbrushes, i find it highly annoying my toothbrush is charging in my bedroom.

We went to order 2 new bathrooms at the weekend so i speak with a bit of knowledge on this.

they can fit a tootbrush charger (for Oral B toothbrushes only) which does away with the traditional shaver socket but also means your toothbrush won't have wires and will just sit on it's stand in the wall

Or you can have a traditional shaver socket if you still dry shave

Pokster
12-16-2019, 01:40 PM
We went to order 2 new bathrooms at the weekend so i speak with a bit of knowledge on this.

they can fit a tootbrush charger (for Oral B toothbrushes only) which does away with the traditional shaver socket but also means your toothbrush won't have wires and will just sit on it's stand in the wall

On a secondary point, the cost of doing 2 bathrooms is 100% more than the first flat I purchased in 1985

PSRB
12-16-2019, 01:42 PM
On a secondary point, the cost of doing 2 bathrooms is 100% more than the first flat I purchased in 1985

:hehe: My kitchen cost was rather frightening, worth it.....just.

Porch next

Viva Prat Vegas
12-16-2019, 01:46 PM
Porch in !

PSRB
12-16-2019, 01:49 PM
Porch in !

Any tips? Power socket?

Viva Prat Vegas
12-16-2019, 01:50 PM
I somehow managed to sucessfully install a shaver socker many years ago, spurring it off of the bathroom light, managing not to fall through the ceiling in the process
Yes, as Pokster says, they can be used to recharge electric toothbrushes (even though "Shavers Only" is stamped on the face
There are two socket options 240v and 110v

Pokster
12-16-2019, 01:50 PM
:hehe: My kitchen cost was rather frightening, worth it.....just.

Porch next

Will be worth it, ran out of money after we did all the other rooms (bar kitchen), so get these down then look to get a third world country's GDP debt to pay for the kitchen

Pat Vegas
12-16-2019, 01:52 PM

excellent i have an oral b toothbrush. ooh they look smart. Awimb strikes again. Thanks Pokster.

PSRB
12-16-2019, 01:53 PM
Will be worth it, ran out of money after we did all the other rooms (bar kitchen), so get these down then look to get a third world country's GDP debt to pay for the kitchen

Working from home today and the kitchen is a great space now, big telly, Sonos, coffee machine 3 ft away......oh and the kitchen bits are quite nice :-)

Pokster
12-16-2019, 01:55 PM
excellent i have an oral b toothbrush. ooh they look smart. Awimb strikes again. Thanks Pokster.

I hadn't even thought of it until we were in the design showroom and they had 1 on displsy, certainly looks better than normal with wires all over the place.

Those showrooms are dangerous though, everywhere you look you think "that'll look good in that room" etc etc

Pat Vegas
12-16-2019, 01:55 PM
Working from home today and the kitchen is a great space now, big telly, Sonos, coffee machine 3 ft away......oh and the kitchen bits are quite nice :-)

I had to use the hobs the other day for first time in ages. I don't know how they work :hehe: sad really it's been there since April,

Pokster
12-16-2019, 01:56 PM

Our kitchen is so badly designed we really need someone to come in and rip the whole thingout and redesign it

Pat Vegas
12-16-2019, 01:56 PM
I hadn't even thought of it until we were in the design showroom and they had 1 on displsy, certainly looks better than normal with wires all over the place.

Those showrooms are dangerous though, everywhere you look you think "that'll look good in that room" etc etc

I am just reading the actual work being done. I only have bathroom so it's going to be a mess. Joining the gym to take showers. might as well work out whilst i am there.

PSRB
12-16-2019, 01:59 PM
Our kitchen is so badly designed we really need someone to come in and rip the whole thingout and redesign it

We had 2 people round and took the best bits from both and then gave it the chap who could do the whole thing including building work. good job we did, as other company went :titsup:

Pat Vegas
12-16-2019, 02:02 PM
We had 2 people round and took the best bits from both and then gave it the chap who could do the whole thing including building work. good job we did, as other company went :titsup:

i am sure my bloke did all the work in the last 3 days.
it looks like nothing was getting done all of a sudden it was all up.

Viva Prat Vegas
12-16-2019, 02:07 PM
Sounds like a Brit

How many figures are we looking at for Labour costs - 3 or 4 ?

PSRB
12-16-2019, 02:08 PM
i am sure my bloke did all the work in the last 3 days.
it looks like nothing was getting done all of a sudden it was all up.

Complete reverse for us. Ripped old one out, bi-folds in and plumbing all sorted in 4 days, then another 4 weeks for the rest. Still need a socket put in the island but that won't be done until New Year