PDA

View Full Version : This election campaign will have regrettable consequences.

Sir C
12-16-2019, 11:34 AM
Due to the pathetic indulgence shown by the BBC and Channel 4, the extreme left propaganda of Jones, Bastani, Sarkar and their ilk has become normalised.

That's how they do it. Drip, drip, drip. And the more normal their radical views become, the more the whole political establishment tracks to the left.

Johnson is going to be no more a Tory prime minister than Cameron.

In short, they're all communists. :-(

Burney
12-16-2019, 11:40 AM
Due to the pathetic indulgence shown by the BBC and Channel 4, the extreme left propaganda of Jones, Bastani, Sarkar and their ilk has become normalised.

That's how they do it. Drip, drip, drip. And the more normal their radical views become, the more the whole political establishment tracks to the left.

I'd say it's become anything but. It's been shown to be wholly at odds with mainstream political ideas and totally unsuited to electoral reality.
I think the broadcasters are going to have to take a long, hard look at themselves over the next couple of years. And if they don't do it voluntarily, they'll be made to.

I do love the decriminalisation idea re: the licence fee. It's already got them terrified because they know they can do it without altering the charter.

IUFG
12-16-2019, 11:54 AM

Andy McDonald ripped into the BBC for having right-wing bias, on Radio 4 this morning.

I nearly crashed my car.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/bbc-general-election-bias-labour-corbyn-andy-mcdonald-boris-johnson-a9248226.html

Burney
12-16-2019, 11:59 AM
Andy McDonald ripped into the BBC for having right-wing bias, on Radio 4 this morning.

I nearly crashed my car.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/bbc-general-election-bias-labour-corbyn-andy-mcdonald-boris-johnson-a9248226.html

It's an odd mania, that. I think it derives from the fact that the left has become so used to the BBC's bias in its favour that it sees anything less than slavish adherence to the party line as an outrage.
Meanwhile, those on the right are so used to it being a hostile actor that we're amazed on the rare occasions when it's not.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-16-2019, 12:11 PM
It's an odd mania, that. I think it derives from the fact that the left has become so used to the BBC's bias in its favour that it sees anything less than slavish adherence to the party line as an outrage.
Meanwhile, those on the right are so used to it being a hostile actor that we're amazed on the rare occasions when it's not.

It's entertaining to sit back and watch both the left and the right constantly criticising the BBC for favouring the other side.

Tony C
12-16-2019, 12:17 PM
Same in the US.

The left have gone so far left everyone else is seen as right wing fascists with SS tattoos.

A lot of politically homeless people just completely fed up with the stupidity.

Although I do have respect for some of them...like that chap in Blythe Valley who said he didn’t vote for anyone for the first time in decades because he disliked what Labour has become and that he couldn’t vote Tory because he’s the son of a miner.

I can respect that...you got to have a code innit

Burney
12-16-2019, 12:43 PM
Same in the US.

The left have gone so far left everyone else is seen as right wing fascists with SS tattoos.

A lot of politically homeless people just completely fed up with the stupidity.

Although I do have respect for some of them...like that chap in Blythe Valley who said he didn’t vote for anyone for the first time in decades because he disliked what Labour has become and that he couldn’t vote Tory because he’s the son of a miner.

I can respect that...you got to have a code innit

I don't really respect the whole 'I can't vote tory because my dad was a miner' thing at all.

For one thing, the tory party today isn't the tory party of the 1920s (more's the pity). For another, the Labour Party closed more pits than Thatcher, so why hasn't that been factored into his equation?
Politics isn't supporting a football team, ffs.

PSRB
12-16-2019, 12:46 PM
I don't really respect the whole 'I can't vote tory because my dad was a miner' thing at all.

For one thing, the tory party today isn't the tory party of the 1920s (more's the pity). For another, the Labour Party closed more pits than Thatcher, so why hasn't that been factored into his equation?
Politics isn't supporting a football team, ffs.

Should be thankful they were closed down or Greta would be paying them a visit :nono:

Burney
12-16-2019, 12:48 PM
It's entertaining to sit back and watch both the left and the right constantly criticising the BBC for favouring the other side.

The old 'If both sides are attacking you, it must mean you're doing it right, thing? Yeah, that's bullshít, I'm afraid. As I say, the two attacks are of a completely different nature. One is the tantrum of a toddler being told 'no' for the first time, while the other is the weary irritation of having to point out the same thing again and again and again.

There is no dispute that the bias of the BBC as a whole is towards the left. Look at its woker-than-thou commissioning and hiring procedures. Look at its relentless flag waving for 'diversity' and constant attempts to push 'positive' stereotypes of minorities and the green agenda. These are not things that an innately conservative organisation does - let alone a Conservative one.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-16-2019, 01:18 PM

it's a toss up between who turns on Boris first. The Conservative right or Nouveau Tory northerners. You and the other loonies will be parping on about BRINO and your Northern friends will want to know why their shítholes are still infested with muslims and not an extra policeman in sight. I'm rather looking forward to a little schadenfreude of my own :-)

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
12-16-2019, 02:00 PM
I'd say it's become anything but. It's been shown to be wholly at odds with mainstream political ideas and totally unsuited to electoral reality.
I think the broadcasters are going to have to take a long, hard look at themselves over the next couple of years. And if they don't do it voluntarily, they'll be made to.

I do love the decriminalisation idea re: the licence fee. It's already got them terrified because they know they can do it without altering the charter.

I think the fact that both Lab and Con think the BBC is biased against them says they must be doing something right.