PDA

View Full Version : Well that was brutal. I knew those northern hard nuts had had enough of Jezza and the

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-13-2019, 09:29 AM
prating, not-so-intelligentsia leftists but had hoped to see a different picture down south. Even went to bed early to try and trick the Gods of Politics and wake up to a shock polling error but they ain't so easily duped as their football colleagues :-(

I have some compensations though. I knew the exit poll was a massive Tory gain as soon as I saw that unspeakable c'unt Andrew Neil's face. He knows he is finished because BJ has shown that there is now no obligation for any politician to endure the rude and revolting hectoring that he imagines constitutes an interview (I have a feeling Boris will now accept his invitation and hopefully finish him off for good).

Diane Abbott will disappear and rightly so. She should not have been anywhere near the front bench. Not just that she is so unpleasant, just so exhaustingly mediocre.

The SNP can have have their next referendum and they'll lose that one too which will be hilarious.

The campaign to rejoin the EU starts now.

Sir C
12-13-2019, 09:32 AM
prating, not-so-intelligentsia leftists but had hoped to see a different picture down south. Even went to bed early to try and trick the Gods of Politics and wake up to a shock polling error but they ain't so easily duped as their football colleagues :-(

I have some compensations though. I knew the exit poll was a massive Tory gain as soon as I saw that unspeakable c'unt Andrew Neil's face. He knows he is finished because BJ has shown that there is now no obligation for any politician to endure the rude and revolting hectoring that he imagines constitutes an interview (I have a feeling Boris will now accept his invitation and hopefully finish him off for good).

Diane Abbott will disappear and rightly so. She should not have been anywhere near the front bench. Not just that she is so unpleasant, just so exhaustingly mediocre.

The SNP can have have their next referendum and they'll lose that one too which will be hilarious.

There is one deeply worrying potential consequence, though.

There will be a Labour party leadership election. Which means that we could end up with Human Foghorn Jess 'Screech' Phillips shrieking and caterwauling from our TVs every day. :-(

I think I'd hang myself.

Burney
12-13-2019, 09:37 AM

Well this is most disappointing, h.
Here was I hoping you’d come out swinging do we could have a bit of knockabout fun abusing one another, but instead you adopt a tone of weary resignation and make fair points with which I broadly agree.
Where’s the fun in that, ffs? :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-13-2019, 09:38 AM

There will be a Labour party leadership election. Which means that we could end up with Human Foghorn Jess 'Screech' Phillips shrieking and caterwauling from our TVs every day. :-(

I think I'd hang myself.

I'e already heard mutterings about the Thornberry harridan. If they give her the wheel they have learned nothing. They need that nice Milliband boy back. Reckon he'd clean up, fierce intellect, good looking, not tainted by antisemitism ;-)

Sir C
12-13-2019, 09:41 AM
I'e already heard mutterings about the Thornberry harridan. If they give her the wheel they have learned nothing. They need that nice Milliband boy back. Reckon he'd clean up, fierce intellect, good looking, not tainted by antisemitism ;-)

Bring back David, you mean? He'd definitely do better than Lady Nugee, who really, really isn't the sort of character to win back Labour's northern heartlands :hehe:

I reckon they might go through a few leaders between now and the next election.

Burney
12-13-2019, 09:42 AM
Bring back David, you mean? He'd definitely do better than Lady Nugee, who really, really isn't the sort of character to win back Labour's northern heartlands :hehe:

Starmer and his haircut look best placed to me. Served under Corbyn, but a Blairite moderate at heart.

Sir C
12-13-2019, 09:45 AM
Starmer and his haircut look best placed to me. Served under Corbyn, but a Blairite moderate at heart.

Surely there will now be a power struggle between MCdonnell's Momentum blackshirts and the so-called moderates? I guess much will depend on whether tens of thousands of feckless fools can find 3 quid to renew their memberships.

PSRB
12-13-2019, 09:49 AM

Should have David before Ed, reckon they'd have won that election

Burney
Surely there will now be a power struggle between MCdonnell's Momentum blackshirts and the so-called moderates? I guess much will depend on whether tens of thousands of feckless fools can find 3 quid to renew their memberships.

Oh, yes. The Labour bloodletting over the next few months promises to be tremendous fun.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
Well this is most disappointing, h.
Here was I hoping you’d come out swinging do we could have a bit of knockabout fun abusing one another, but instead you adopt a tone of weary resignation and make fair points with which I broadly agree.
Where’s the fun in that, ffs? :-(

When one's enemy delivers a rout one must simply conduct oneself with humility b. Nothing serves to dissipate the triumphal braying of the victorious more quickly than seeing their opponent bloodied yet unbowed.

Burney
12-13-2019, 09:50 AM
Should have David before Ed, reckon they'd have won that election

Nah. You can’t go around having Jews lead tour party and hope to win elections, I’m afraid. Even Disraeli had to convert, ffs.

Sir C
12-13-2019, 09:52 AM
Oh, yes. The Labour bloodletting over the next few months promises to be tremendous fun.

The question is whether the 'moderates' can win it back, or do they now give up on the Momentum-owned shell and form a new party? Join the LibDems? They can't go on like this for another 5 years, surely?

Burney
12-13-2019, 09:58 AM
The question is whether the 'moderates' can win it back, or do they now give up on the Momentum-owned shell and form a new party? Join the LibDems? They can't go on like this for another 5 years, surely?

History would suggest they definitely are capable of going on like this for quite some time.

Monty92
12-13-2019, 10:08 AM
Bit upset to wake up to discover pancake face Cooper survived the night..

Still, I’ll f*cking well take it :hehe:

History would suggest they definitely are capable of going on like this for quite some time.

Burney
12-13-2019, 10:09 AM
Bit upset to wake up to discover pancake face Cooper survived the night..

Still, I’ll f*cking well take it :hehe:

Yes, the Brexit Party mongs have a lot to answer for.

Monty92
12-13-2019, 10:14 AM
Did you see wee Jimmy Krankie celebrating Swinson losing her seat as if she was watching Archie Gemmel score against Holland in 1978? It’s brilliant!

PSRB
12-13-2019, 10:16 AM

Bit upset to see Labour made it over the 200 seats mark

Burney
12-13-2019, 10:28 AM
Did you see wee Jimmy Krankie celebrating Swinson losing her seat as if she was watching Archie Gemmel score against Holland in 1978? It’s brilliant!

The big wins from this election have obviously been getting Brexit and stopping Corbyn, but watching the Lib Dem’s discover that nobody actually likes them has also been a major bonus.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-13-2019, 11:20 AM

I think I'd hang myself.

One would imagine Kier Starmer in a best case. One would be concerned that Momentum would have too much of a say and Labour end up with a Corbyn clone.