PDA

View Full Version : Reports of many young people voting.

Sir C
12-12-2019, 03:38 PM
And remember, each one gets two votes.

:-( Hold on to your arseholes, boys. Could be a rough 5 years.

PSRB
12-12-2019, 03:44 PM

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-uk-general-election/overall-majority chill your boots

Monty92
12-12-2019, 03:54 PM
I believe all those odds largely reflect is the number of bets placed on the tories winning

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/next-uk-general-election/overall-majority chill your boots

PSRB
12-12-2019, 03:56 PM
I believe all those odds largely reflect is the number of bets placed on the tories winning

Which would suggest that the majority know :shrug:

Monty92
12-12-2019, 03:57 PM
What were the bookies saying at this point in 2017?

Which would suggest that the majority know :shrug:

AFC East
12-12-2019, 03:58 PM

Get a grip, even Bojo can't lose to someone with as much negative press as Corbyn.

Cameron would have won this election with a three figure majority.

Sir C
12-12-2019, 04:08 PM
Get a grip, even Bojo can't lose to someone with as much negative press as Corbyn.

Cameron would have won this election with a three figure majority.

Yes, but Steve Coogan said we mustn't vote for naughty Boris, so now I don't know what to do :-(

IUFG
12-12-2019, 04:11 PM
Yes, but Steve Coogan said we mustn't vote for naughty Boris, so now I don't know what to do :-(

The paragon of virtue that is Stan Collymore also says we must #voteLabour.

WHAT HAVE I DONE? :cry:

Burney

Funny isn't it? We're all supposed to think Alan Partridge is a monster, but the truth is he's much more likeable than Steve Coogan.

Burney
The paragon of virtue that is Stan Collymore also says we must #voteLabour.

WHAT HAVE I DONE? :CRY:

Neville Southall's my favourite. He's a raging communist. And a big fat lad.

IUFG
12-12-2019, 04:13 PM

big, fat, sweaty b@stard :nod:

even more so than Adrian Lewis in Slaughters.

Monty92
12-12-2019, 04:13 PM
Arse squeaking yet? Or still quietly confident?

Burney
12-12-2019, 04:20 PM
Arse squeaking yet? Or still quietly confident?

I'm not confident, I'd just say that on the weight of evidence thus far, it should be a Tory majority. But you never know. :shrug:

Let's just say that, were this one to go south, it would represent an even more disastrous polling failure than 2017, given that the pollsters will have adjusted their methodology since then to be much more cautious about writing off Labour.

That doesn't mean it's impossible, of course.

Yesterday Once More
12-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Some reassurance:

1- Yesterday, Laura K of the BBC let slip that the postal votes already opened were awful for Labour. Whether she should have done is another matter.

2 - The financial markets have been going up in the past few hours. Which presumably isn't because they are worried about a few kids mainly in London tweeting that they have been standing in queues

3 - The weather is pretty dreadful in much of the country this evening. Labour needed all of the undecideds to pile out at the last minute. They will likely stay in and watch Eastenders followed by the "I'm a Celebrity wrap party"