PDA

View Full Version : Lot’s of young folk in the queues at polling stations

Just Trent
12-12-2019, 09:50 AM
Oh dear, they’re all going to do something daft and vote Labour aren’t they? Young people often do silly things. Like when I voted for Labour in 1997 :hide: Mainly because a fit girl (Jessica :love: A Level history) said I should.

Sir C
12-12-2019, 09:52 AM
Oh dear, they’re all going to do something daft and vote Labour aren’t they? Young people often do silly things. Like when I voted for Labour in 1997 :hide: Mainly because a fit girl (Jessica :love: A Level history) said I should.

:sigh: Pic, ffs!

Standards round here have dropped alarmingly.

Burney
12-12-2019, 09:53 AM

If I were you, I'd ignore anything you see or hear about the election today until the Exit Poll drops around 10.

Everything else is bóllocks.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-12-2019, 10:11 AM

And tell me t. Did Jessica reward your bucolic devotion by wrapping her full and sensual whistling gear around your skinny pecker?

Tony C
12-12-2019, 10:13 AM
Bloke on betfair...

My 'best guess' specific prediction:

CON: ~310
LAB: ~255

Labour minority government, which lasts six months with SNP/LD support to deliver a second referendum.

-

Con Majority drifting...1.38 overnight out to 1.55 this morning

-

But someone else on betfair is expecting a healthy majority of 70 plus and betting accordingly

-

Going to be interesting...just like the Brexit and Trump results.

PSRB
12-12-2019, 10:16 AM

Lots of old folks where I am.......they'll still all vote Labour :rolleyes:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-12-2019, 10:22 AM
If I were you, I'd ignore anything you see or hear about the election today until the Exit Poll drops around 10.

Everything else is bóllocks.

Didn't the exit poll in '92 call a narrow Labour win? I wouldn't start crowing til at least 2.00AM

Viva Prat Vegas
12-12-2019, 10:37 AM
You're quite right
I seem to recall a triumphant-looking Kinnock being spoken to (by Sir Robin Day perhaps) late at night as if victory hag been all but assured

Burney
12-12-2019, 10:38 AM
Didn't the exit poll in '92 call a narrow Labour win? I wouldn't start crowing til at least 2.00AM

Oh, I'm not talking about crowing, I'm just talking about that being the first data that emerges today that will have any significance whatsoever. Everything else is speculative nonsense.

Pokster
12-12-2019, 10:43 AM

Exit polls for the last 20 odd years have been almost spot on, unless the exit poll says it will be v close to a hung Parliament then take it as being done and dusted.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-12-2019, 10:52 AM
Don't despair p. It is indeed about every 20 years that an exit poll aberration happens and all of the models have to be re-aligned. :straw clutching: :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-12-2019, 10:56 AM
Regarding the crowing b. When the almost inevitable Tory victory is assured will the warm glow of victory engender any magnanimity in your revolting black heart (just so I know to avoid the board)?

Sir C
12-12-2019, 11:02 AM
Regarding the crowing b. When the almost inevitable Tory victory is assured will the warm glow of victory engender any magnanimity in your revolting black heart (just so I know to avoid the board)?

For anyone of conservative, or even traditionally Conservative, values, there is nothing to crow about whatever the result of this election.

The Conservative party is no longer conservative, either socially or economically. It has become some sort of limp, centrist, please-everyone-and-please-noone shadow of its former self. This shift to the left is what has encouraged the growth of the Hard Left - and God knows where it will end. Quite probably with a Marxist government and the inevitable fall of western liberalism.

Just Trent
12-12-2019, 11:04 AM
And tell me t. Did Jessica reward your bucolic devotion by wrapping her full and sensual whistling gear around your skinny pecker?

:shakehead: She barely spoke to me afterwards :cry:

A harsh life lesson imo

Burney
12-12-2019, 11:06 AM

In the happy event that that occurs, I shall be far too drunk with relief and...well...drink to do any serious crowing.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
12-12-2019, 11:08 AM
:shakehead: She barely spoke to me afterwards :cry:

A harsh life lesson imo

I dare say the fleck of saliva that escaped the corner of your mouth as you stole a furtive glance at her breasties alerted her to your shallow ulterior motive. She did have a decent pair of feeders t?