PDA

View Full Version : As happy as I am that we won a game I am afraid I feel I have to point out

Peter
12-10-2019, 02:27 PM
that Xhaka is ****ing useless.

It really is time to give up with him now.

PSRB
12-10-2019, 02:29 PM

He was horrendous, until we scored. Then he looked like Pirlo for 10 minutes, then took a whack and was crap again

Monty92
12-10-2019, 02:42 PM

It is possible that there may be a Gilberto effect going on with Xaka.

It's kind of forgotten nowadays, but for the first couple of years Gilberto was absolutely hated by most fans, but slowly they began to understand what he did and how important he was.

Sir C
12-10-2019, 02:46 PM

It's kind of forgotten nowadays, but for the first couple of years Gilberto was absolutely hated by most fans, but slowly they began to understand what he did and how important he was.

He took terrible stick for always 'passing sideways' from the likes of RCEG and those of similar intellect.

Then he broke his spine and everyoen realised what we were missing...

Burney
12-10-2019, 02:49 PM
He took terrible stick for always 'passing sideways' from the likes of RCEG and those of similar intellect.

Then he broke his spine and everyoen realised what we were missing...

Yeah, but he didn't have Edu's lovely smile and puppy dog eyes. :love:

In fact, the c@nt looked like a burns victim.

IUFG
12-10-2019, 02:49 PM

Xhaka is no Gilberto, m.
Not fit to lace boots, etc.

I don't recall much Gilberto hate, either.

Sir C
12-10-2019, 02:50 PM
Yeah, but he didn't have Edu's lovely smile and puppy dog eyes. :love:

In fact, the c@nt looked like a burns victim.

RCEG? He looked like a fat Dom Jolly.

Burney
12-10-2019, 02:54 PM

Gilberto, obvs. I'm just trying to re-ignite the great Gilberto-Edu Wars of 2002-04.

I remember us absolutely rinsing RCEG once about wearing those stripy shirts with the solid-colour cuffs and collars one afternoon. He became quite irate. :hehe:

Monty92
12-10-2019, 02:54 PM

So...he looked like Dom Jolly?

Sir C
12-10-2019, 02:56 PM

A bit fatter.

PSRB

It's Dom Joly :pedant:

Monty92
Xhaka is no Gilberto, m.
Not fit to lace boots, etc.

I don't recall much Gilberto hate, either.

Oh man, our fans HATED him.

I must have heard the witty refrain of "eeee ain't Brazilian!!" about 20 times a game..

Luis Anaconda
Gilberto, obvs. I'm just trying to re-ignite the great Gilberto-Edu Wars of 2002-04.

I remember us absolutely rinsing RCEG once about wearing those stripy shirts with the solid-colour cuffs and collars one afternoon. He became quite irate. :hehe:
Surely irate was his natural state.

Quite funny if Edu brings in Gilberto, as rumoured, to help drag us out of the doldrums

Monty92
A bit fatter.

Fatter than Hendon Gooner?

Sir C
12-10-2019, 02:57 PM

"You're just an East End barrow boy."

"No I'm not! I drive a Merc!" :hehe:

Sir C
12-10-2019, 02:58 PM
Fatter than Hendon Gooner?

Who he? Never saw the chap. Proper lard bucket was he?

Who was the nasty bet-welcher who worked for Mothercare. Jew fella. Called me a mensch for sticking up for jews, then wished me dead for defending Wenger.

Sir C
12-10-2019, 02:59 PM
It's Dom Joly :pedant:

Fat pseudo Lebanese kúnt.

Dom Joly, not you.

Monty92
12-10-2019, 03:03 PM
Who he? Never saw the chap. Proper lard bucket was he?

Who was the nasty bet-welcher who worked for Mothercare. Jew fella. Called me a mensch for sticking up for jews, then wished me dead for defending Wenger.

I don't recall exactly what our beef was, but it got particularly bad when he unilaterally invited his f*cking 12-year old nephew to an Awimb 5-a-side match that I'd organised.

Anyway, we met at the pitches and immediately started piling into each other. Clawet everywhere.

Only joking, we exchanged awkard bantz and then played a perfectly amicable game of highly mediocre football together.

Burney
12-10-2019, 03:05 PM
I don't recall exactly what our beef was, but it got particularly bad when he unilaterally invited his f*cking 12-year old nephew to an Awimb 5-a-side match that I'd organised.

Anyway, we met at the pitches and immediately started piling into each other. Clawet everywhere.

Only joking, we exchanged awkard bantz and then played a perfectly amicable game of highly mediocre football together.

His "12 year-old nephew", eh?

Nonce. :judge:

Sir C
12-10-2019, 03:08 PM

Who? The fat bástard or the Mothercare jew?

Burney
12-10-2019, 03:13 PM
Who? The fat bástard or the Mothercare jew?

The Mothercare Jew sounds like a gangster or a superhero.

Sir C
12-10-2019, 03:15 PM

You remember the fellow. Remarkably vicious vocabulary. Had a bet about something with Ian Harvey - the forfiet being he would have to wear a Spurs shirt - lost - welched. You remember?

Luis Anaconda
12-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Fat pseudo Lebanese kúnt.

Dom Joly, not you.

That was probably Gilbert Silva wasn't it?

Luis Anaconda
12-10-2019, 03:16 PM

Superhero - that would be brilliant. Will sell a lot when Jeremy becomes PM on Friday

Burney
12-10-2019, 03:21 PM
You remember the fellow. Remarkably vicious vocabulary. Had a bet about something with Ian Harvey - the forfiet being he would have to wear a Spurs shirt - lost - welched. You remember?

Oh, yes. I think la and his remarkably intact memory are correct - Gilbert Silva.

Sir C
12-10-2019, 03:24 PM
That was probably Gilbert Silva wasn't it?

The Mothercare jew? I think you may be right.

He quite upset me you know. He was so... nasty. :-(

Sir C
12-10-2019, 03:25 PM
Oh, yes. I think la and his remarkably intact memory are correct - Gilbert Silva.

Jesus, look how my fingers created the word 'forfeit' there. :-(

redgunamo
12-10-2019, 03:32 PM
Perhaps just disappointed that our new recent World Cup-winning superstar midfielder was NOT Ronaldinho?

Oh man, our fans HATED him.

I must have heard the witty refrain of "eeee ain't Brazilian!!" about 20 times a game..

Peter
12-10-2019, 03:34 PM

This may be rose tinted glasses but I don't remember Gilberto constantly giving the ball away. I recall us suggesting he was limited, and he certainly was, but in a good way.

Also, Xhaka has been with us for nearly two and a half seasons and seems to be getting worse.

It isn't entirely his fault. If we want to play out of the back then we need midfielders who will take the ball from the back four. For an hour last night I watched our centre backs endlessly passing to each other while our two midfielders hid, standing next to their markers with no desire to take the ball. Guendouzi was on the field for ten minutes and spent the entire time dropping off into space to take the ball.

If Xhaka isn't going to do this, he is of no real use to us.

redgunamo
12-10-2019, 03:39 PM
Can we not knock it? :-(

This may be rose tinted glasses but I don't remember Gilberto constantly giving the ball away. I recall us suggesting he was limited, and he certainly was, but in a good way.

Also, Xhaka has been with us for nearly two and a half seasons and seems to be getting worse.

It isn't entirely his fault. If we want to play out of the back then we need midfielders who will take the ball from the back four. For an hour last night I watched our centre backs endlessly passing to each other while our two midfielders hid, standing next to their markers with no desire to take the ball. Guendouzi was on the field for ten minutes and spent the entire time dropping off into space to take the ball.

If Xhaka isn't going to do this, he is of no real use to us.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
12-10-2019, 04:00 PM

I know he's the weak link in the front 6 we had yesterday. But in AW's last season, Xhaka and Ozil were both in the top 4 for passes completed in opposition half.

If he could get back to that, he could link between LT and Ozil et al.

But we really need a creative box-to-box MF. I loved Rambo, but look how many Santi's scored and made this year. Why did we let him go?

A Rosicky type would be ideal. Like Santi, some-one who has the skill to play as the attacking MF, but also the tackling and work rate to play that no.8 role between the no.10 and the DM.

If we had one of those, two fit full backs and 2 pwoppa CHs, we wouldn't be too far away. With Laca and Gwendo on the bench and the kids coming through.

Arsenal Alcoholic Review
12-10-2019, 04:14 PM
A poor man's Stefan Malz.

Peter
12-10-2019, 04:37 PM
I know he's the weak link in the front 6 we had yesterday. But in AW's last season, Xhaka and Ozil were both in the top 4 for passes completed in opposition half.

If he could get back to that, he could link between LT and Ozil et al.

But we really need a creative box-to-box MF. I loved Rambo, but look how many Santi's scored and made this year. Why did we let him go?

A Rosicky type would be ideal. Like Santi, some-one who has the skill to play as the attacking MF, but also the tackling and work rate to play that no.8 role between the no.10 and the DM.

If we had one of those, two fit full backs and 2 pwoppa CHs, we wouldn't be too far away. With Laca and Gwendo on the bench and the kids coming through.

Given that our biggest vulnerability seems to be getting caught on the counter attack whenever we lose the ball I would say we could do with at least one midfielder who knows how to take up a decent position. That would be a start. And that isn't Ramsey....

I miss Arteta and Santi. Always available, always wanted the ball, everywhere on the pitch. I appreciate this is currently related to a general lack of confidence nfidence but there are too many players in that team that simply don't want the ball in their own half.

IUFG
12-10-2019, 04:42 PM
Can we not knock it? :-(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSaSF_Uq-hs

hmmm, marvellous