PDA

View Full Version : That was miles better than I expected.

Sir C
12-06-2019, 09:15 AM
The picture was fine. Nice to hear old Clive again, as well.

Just Trent
12-06-2019, 09:23 AM

‘Hassle free returns’. Just send the whole match back and get a new one :cloud9:

Sir C
12-06-2019, 09:30 AM
‘Hassle free returns’. Just send the whole match back and get a new one :cloud9:

I was thinking that this is the most appalling team we’ve seen since the early 80s, so maybe things might start to improve now? Then I remembered the 6 years between 1981 and 1987 :-(

Just Trent
12-06-2019, 09:54 AM
I was thinking that this is the most appalling team we’ve seen since the early 80s, so maybe things might start to improve now? Then I remembered the 6 years between 1981 and 1987 :-(

Someone will surely come to the rescue? Just like George Graham did back then. Somebody get Mikel Arteta a camel coat!

barrybueno
12-06-2019, 10:10 AM

I tried the option where you turn the commentators off but it was just a bit weird tbh. Maybe a better performance and the crowd waking up and it might have worked.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
12-06-2019, 11:26 AM

You mean when we had David O'Leary? You know, a proper, world class centre-half? Bet you'd forgotten such a player existed. But in the old days, we had someone with a number 5 or 6 on his back who actually stopped opposing attackers as opposed to stepping out of their way and politely waving them through.

Peter
12-06-2019, 11:30 AM
You mean when we had David O'Leary? You know, a proper, world class centre-half? Bet you'd forgotten such a player existed. But in the old days, we had someone with a number 5 or 6 on his back who actually stopped opposing attackers as opposed to stepping out of their way and politely waving them through.

I think the midfield is the bigger problem defensively. Opposition players should not be running directly at your back four. It happens pretty much every time we lose the ball.

redgunamo
12-06-2019, 11:56 AM
Sounds like the real problem is opposition players?

I think the midfield is the bigger problem defensively. Opposition players should not be running directly at your back four. It happens pretty much every time we lose the ball.

Peter
12-06-2019, 12:02 PM

We could ask them to stop doing it but I think they would view that as an unreasonable request.

IUFG
12-06-2019, 12:05 PM

our entire team think that defending involves running backwards towards our own goal whilst not making a fúcking challenge for the ball.

Leno (and maybe Kolasinac) apart, that team performance was a fúcking shambles. Or indeed, as they pointed out last night, not a team, 11 players.

redgunamo
12-06-2019, 12:18 PM
Right. I'm sure our lads all look terrific in training.

We could ask them to stop doing it but I think they would view that as an unreasonable request.

Peter
12-06-2019, 12:37 PM
our entire team think that defending involves running backwards towards our own goal whilst not making a fúcking challenge for the ball.

Leno (and maybe Kolasinac) apart, that team performance was a fúcking shambles. Or indeed, as they pointed out last night, not a team, 11 players.

To some extent, the running backwards is the job of the back four. It's the fact that nobody is running backwards (or running at all) that is the problem.

For that second Norwich goal the back four retreated to the box, in a line, forced the guy on the ball wide and stopped him at the edge of the box. So he turned inside, played the ball into an advancing midfielder who was stood totally on his own outside the box and walked straight through. He must have run past three of our midfielders to get there.

Arguably the back four did its job but the midfield cover was nowhere to be seen.

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2019, 01:06 PM

I've been making the same point, p - no one listens

Luis Anaconda
12-06-2019, 01:07 PM

Also a very good point

PSRB
12-06-2019, 03:29 PM

It's comical, every time, there's a massive whole in the middle of the park.