PDA

View Full Version : Going to throw a new name into the Arsenal managers hat

Pokster
12-04-2019, 09:29 AM
Bielsa.

Highly regarded, knows English football, teams are extremely well organsided, teams fitness is second to none. Defensively brilliant and his teams play good football.

Won't happen though

Sir C
12-04-2019, 09:36 AM
Bielsa.

Highly regarded, knows English football, teams are extremely well organsided, teams fitness is second to none. Defensively brilliant and his teams play good football.

Won't happen though

Is this the chap who hasn’t managed to get Leeds promoted? I’m not being snippy, I just thought he came with quite the reputation and then sort of blew it?

Pokster
12-04-2019, 09:39 AM
Is this the chap who hasn’t managed to get Leeds promoted? I’m not being snippy, I just thought he came with quite the reputation and then sort of blew it?

Look how their league position improved in his first season, just missed out on promotion.

I would imagine that every manager out there could be discounted if you use some sort of short term period... Klopp underperformed in his last 1/2 season at BD before Liverpool tokk him. Pep failed to win (or get close) to the CL at Bayern. Pochetino failed to win anything with Spurs best team for over 50 yrs etc etc

Tony C
12-04-2019, 09:40 AM
I too would like to throw a name into the hat

People going on about Arteta this and Arteta that.

But if we’re doing ex player assistant managers then can we consider the chap currently doing this for Diego Sineone?

Nelson Vivas

We need his passion imo...

https://youtu.be/cb57mHe_rA0

Luis Anaconda
12-04-2019, 11:09 AM
I too would like to throw a name into the hat

People going on about Arteta this and Arteta that.

But if we’re doing ex player assistant managers then can we consider the chap currently doing this for Diego Sineone?

Nelson Vivas

We need his passion imo...

https://youtu.be/cb57mHe_rA0
Can we not have Nelson and Leeds being mentioned in the same thread, t?
Thanks

Tony C
12-04-2019, 11:56 AM
Kaba Diawara should’ve had a hat trick imo

PSRB
12-04-2019, 11:59 AM
Kaba Diawara should’ve had a hat trick imo

Never seen any player hit the bar/post as often as he did.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
12-04-2019, 12:57 PM
Can we not have Nelson and Leeds being mentioned in the same thread, t?
Thanks

I blame Winterburn's nose.

Luis Anaconda
12-04-2019, 12:59 PM
I blame Winterburn's nose.

Fair enough

IUFG
12-04-2019, 01:11 PM
Bielsa.

Won't happen though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6b3SkXgWSg

redgunamo
12-05-2019, 09:31 AM
What does he know about English football?! The man can't even say "Ipswich"!

Decent call though, if we want a "name". Jorge would be even happier than he probably is now.

What makes you think it won't happen? It seems perfectly plausible, to me.

Bielsa.

Won't happen though

Pokster
12-05-2019, 09:49 AM
What does he know about English football?! The man can't even say "Ipswich"!

Decent call though, if we want a "name". Jorge would be even happier than he probably is now.

What makes you think it won't happen? It seems perfectly plausible, to me.

He seems to be a mamanger who doesn't swap jobs during the season... seems very happy and settled in Leeds/Wetherby. If Leeds don't go up this season he will leave though

Tony C
12-05-2019, 10:03 AM
He seems to be a mamanger who doesn't swap jobs during the season... seems very happy and settled in Leeds/Wetherby. If Leeds don't go up this season he will leave though

Jorge coming back to London :yikes:

Tony C
12-05-2019, 10:07 AM
The hog roast and apple stuffing at Wetherby Racecourse is da bomb imo

Washed down with a Guinness

It truly is neck and neck between them and Cheltenham as to which race has the best imo

Amen

Pokster
12-05-2019, 10:33 AM
The hog roast and apple stuffing at Wetherby Racecourse is da bomb imo

Washed down with a Guinness

It truly is neck and neck between them and Cheltenham as to which race has the best imo

Amen

And only 10 minutes down the road for us :cloud9:

redgunamo
12-05-2019, 11:30 AM
Yes, definitely. But didn't he also famously leave somewhere (Lazio?) before even managing a single game there? #maverick

Luis Anaconda
12-05-2019, 12:26 PM
Yes, definitely. But didn't he also famously leave somewhere (Lazio?) before even managing a single game there? #maverick

The Clive Allen of managers? It was indeed Lazio - he quit after two days

barrybueno
12-05-2019, 12:35 PM
The Clive Allen of managers? It was indeed Lazio - he quit after two days

'It hit the fúckin stanchion ref' :hehe: