PDA

View Full Version : So we don't get a new manager bounce but Root scores 200+. Curse of Berni still

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
12-02-2019, 03:03 PM
going strong, I notice.

That is some dark magic at work. Only Kali Herself could deal with it.

Ash
12-02-2019, 03:35 PM
Speaking of the Gods of Jinxery, I was partly responsible for Burns' dismissal. I'd been watching with the sound off for a while and remarkably we hadn't lost a wicket. (Very often the act of me watching makes us lose wickets). I didn't dare to put the sound on because we woudl definitely lose a wicket if I did.

Eventually he got his ton and I thought it can't hurt to rewind and watch it with some audio to celebrate it, and two balls later ....

12-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Speaking of the Gods of Jinxery, I was partly responsible for Burns' dismissal. I'd been watching with the sound off for a while and remarkably we hadn't lost a wicket. (Very often the act of me watching makes us lose wickets). I didn't dare to put the sound on because we woudl definitely lose a wicket if I did.

Eventually he got his ton and I thought it can't hurt to rewind and watch it with some audio to celebrate it, and two balls later ....

I know what you mean. If the ECB would pay me not to watch, we'd have a much better team.

Burney
12-02-2019, 03:43 PM
I know what you mean. If the ECB would pay me not to watch, we'd have a much better team.

I had something weird going on back in 2005. I remember there was one game where I jinxed pretty much the entire Australian top order out by posting on here.

Eldritch powers that mortal man should wot not of imo :nod:

PSRB
12-02-2019, 03:46 PM
I had something weird going on back in 20005. I remember there was one game where I jinxed pretty much the entire Australian top order out by posting on here.

I think between you and me, we pretty much won that series

12-02-2019, 05:09 PM
I had something weird going on back in 2005. I remember there was one game where I jinxed pretty much the entire Australian top order out by posting on here.

I didn't use Awimb for cricket back then. But that summer I was mostly in the UK for the first time in over a decade. I hadn't watched any cricket when travelling and thanks to Sky, mostly, but being stuck in Delhi the winter before (Tsunami) I watched our tour of SA and got back in to it.

That summer was ace.

Congrats on your jinxing.

I remember you doing your bit during Broad's 8-15, though.