PDA

View Full Version : Postal vote despatched, for what it's worth.

Sir C
11-28-2019, 03:49 PM
Only four candidates in my constituency. Conservative, Labour, Libdem and Green.

No Monster Raving Loony, no Brexit, no NF, no fun. :-(

Burney
11-28-2019, 03:52 PM
Only four candidates in my constituency. Conservative, Labour, Libdem and Green.

Nothing to split the Leave vote, though.

Sir C
11-28-2019, 03:56 PM
Nothing to split the Leave vote, though.

It's all irrelevant here, the Tory majority is huge and even the council tenants and gyppos* are remarkably right wing, apparently.

I don't even know if gyppos can vote. I suppose most oif them know how to make an X so they can sign on, but still..

Burney
11-28-2019, 03:57 PM
It's all irrelevant here, the Tory majority is huge and even the council tenants and gyppos* are remarkably right wing, apparently.

I don't even know if gyppos can vote. I suppose most oif them know how to make an X so they can sign on, but still..

I do know, mate. I did used to live there, remember? :-)

Although it famously went Liberal in the 60s, of course.

barrybueno
11-28-2019, 04:02 PM

Just looked at mine, the Brexit bird is Teixeira Hambro :rubchin:

Christian peoples Alliance might be worth a go...

Sir C
11-28-2019, 04:03 PM
I do know, mate. I did used to live there, remember? :-)

Although it famously went Liberal in the 60s, of course.

Things change:shrug: You wouldn't recognise Orpington High Street.

I had one of the best Indian meals I've eaten outside India there a couple of weeks ago. Actual proper Indian food, none of your baltis or tikka masalas... your ex glw was there actually. Orpington, for all love. There's a nice cinema now and a rather pleasant bar where Woolworths used to be. Not to mention the hipster café serving avocado toast and dat ****.

You know gornisht from Orpington.

Sir C
11-28-2019, 04:04 PM
Just looked at mine, the Brexit bird is Teixeira Hambro :rubchin:

Christian peoples Alliance might be worth a go...

My Tory is called Gareth Bacon.

Gareth Bacon is the name of a character from a sitcom, not a bloody MP.

Burney
11-28-2019, 04:06 PM
Things change:shrug: You wouldn't recognise Orpington High Street.

I had one of the best Indian meals I've eaten outside India there a couple of weeks ago. Actual proper Indian food, none of your baltis or tikka masalas... your ex glw was there actually. Orpington, for all love. There's a nice cinema now and a rather pleasant bar where Woolworths used to be. Not to mention the hipster café serving avocado toast and dat ****.

You know gornisht from Orpington.

Yes, I know. You delight in telling me about every step in Orpington's gentrification after I've already been bought out of my erstwhile property.

It hardly bothers me at all. :furious:

Viva Prat Vegas
11-28-2019, 04:09 PM
Sir C "Gareth Bacon is the name of a character from a sitcom, not a bloody MP."

:hehe:

Burney
11-28-2019, 04:11 PM
My Tory is called Gareth Bacon.

Gareth Bacon is the name of a character from a sitcom, not a bloody MP.

Mine's taken over from Mark Prisk. She's a woman of some sort. Claims to have supported Brexit 'all her life', which is a good trick as she's older than me.

We've actually got a UKIP candidate in our constituency. I'd forgotten about them.

Viva Prat Vegas
Looks like he wouldn't be out of place in The New Statesman

Sir C
Yes, I know. You delight in telling me about every step in Orpington's gentrification after I've already been bought out of my erstwhile property.

It hardly bothers me at all. :furious:

:hehe: There's a two-bedroomed maisonette down the road for sale at £395,000 described as being, 'In the midst of bustling St Paul's Cray village..." :hehe:

Good rail links to both Victoria and Blackfriars, zone 6 season tickets, a stone's through from the M25, 40 minutes to the Channel Tunnel, right on the edge of glorious countryside... property round here is going to make a killing in a couple of years, you just wait and see.

Sir C
11-28-2019, 04:12 PM
Looks like he wouldn't be out of place in The New Statesman

Mind you the Labour bloke is a right scruffy herbert. He's obviously some sort of sacrificial lamb :doesn'thaveahope:

Burney
11-28-2019, 04:15 PM
:hehe: There's a two-bedroomed maisonette down the road for sale at £395,000 described as being, 'In the midst of bustling St Paul's Cray village..." :hehe:

Good rail links to both Victoria and Blackfriars, zone 6 season tickets, a stone's through from the M25, 40 minutes to the Channel Tunnel, right on the edge of glorious countryside... property round here is going to make a killing in a couple of years, you just wait and see.

I just have to take a deep breath and tell myself it's E's inheritance. :-(

Burney
11-28-2019, 04:17 PM
Mind you the Labour bloke is a right scruffy herbert. He's obviously some sort of sacrificial lamb :doesn'thaveahope:

The Lib Dems appear to have put up a black chap round our way. To say the least, this suggests they may not be entirely confident of success.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-28-2019, 04:20 PM
Sir C "Mind you the Labour bloke is a right scruffy herbert. He's obviously some sort of sacrificial lamb :doesn'thaveahope: "

No Jeal

Gosh I see what you mean
He looks a touch unusual/arrestable

Burney
11-28-2019, 04:22 PM
Sir C "Mind you the Labour bloke is a right scruffy herbert. He's obviously some sort of sacrificial lamb :doesn'thaveahope: "

No Jeal

Gosh I see what you mean
He looks a touch unusual/arrestable

I've just had a look at him. Clearly a rampant communist.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-28-2019, 04:24 PM
:nod:
I wonder if he has any Samaritan ancestory in his blood

Viva Prat Vegas
11-28-2019, 04:25 PM
I doubt Sir C's Lib Dem candidate will be able to see a victory....

IUFG
11-28-2019, 04:45 PM

Matt Hancock in my constituency.

So a little bit of craziness...

Lib Dem candidate is some woman called Elfreda Tealby-Watson
Can't remember who the labour woman is but she looks like a character from a Wallace and Gromit film

Sir C
11-28-2019, 04:57 PM

Can't remember who the labour woman is but she looks like a character from a Wallace and Gromit film

I didn't know you were a yokel, i.

Oo, and furthermore, arrrgh.

Burney
11-28-2019, 05:08 PM

I just looked Elfreda up. A muscular Christian type who enjoys striding through Scottish Islands and French Alps and who, if I'm any judge, wouldn't know one end of a cock from the other.

Sir C
11-28-2019, 05:09 PM
I just looked Elfreda up. A muscular Christian type who enjoys striding through Scottish Islands and French Alps and who, if I'm any judge, wouldn't know one end of a cock from the other.

Lesbonian FACT.

Burney
11-28-2019, 05:11 PM
Lesbonian FACT.

Indeed. If lesbians existed, she would certainly be one. :nod:

IUFG
11-28-2019, 05:11 PM
I didn't know you were a yokel, i.

Oo, and furthermore, arrrgh.

I am a city boy and a "blow in"* apparently, sc.

* pronounced 'Blue-en', so it seems

You don't hear too many Suffolk accents to be honest. It is genuinely quaint and, of course, funny as fúck.

It's all becoming terribly London and Essex over-spill in these parts.
London types selling their one bedroom flats and buying a mansion here. That sort of thing...

Burney
11-28-2019, 05:13 PM
I am a city boy and a "blow in"* apparently, sc.

* pronounced 'Blue-en', so it seems

You don't hear too many Suffolk accents to be honest. It is genuinely quaint and, of course, funny as fúck.

It's all becoming terribly London and Essex over-spill in these parts.
London types selling their one bedroom flats and buying a mansion here. That sort of thing...

I live in Ware in Hertfordshire and noticed something rather charming about the town's Latin motto when the council sent me the bill for my allotment. The Motto is 'Cave', which is Latin, of course, for 'Beware'.

'Be-Ware' Geddit? :hehe:

IUFG
11-28-2019, 05:17 PM
I live in Ware in Hertfordshire and noticed something rather charming about the town's Latin motto when the council sent me the bill for my allotment. The Motto is 'Cave', which is Latin, of course, for 'Beware'.

'Be-Ware' Geddit? :hehe:

very good.

the GLW is a Hertforder, as it happens.

Burney
11-28-2019, 05:18 PM
very good.

the GLW is a Hertforder, as it happens.

They're a nice enough bunch, but there's far too much Tottenham supporting among them, I'm sorry to say.

IUFG
11-28-2019, 05:19 PM

yes, very much the outdoor, horsey type.

but, I think she might actually be married to a man. I know...

IUFG
11-28-2019, 05:20 PM
They're a nice enough bunch, but there's far too much Tottenham supporting among them, I'm sorry to say.

Like Mrs IUFG's entire family.
:yikes:

Burney
11-28-2019, 05:23 PM
yes, very much the outdoor, horsey type.

but, I think she might actually be married to a man. I know...

I'm sure they'd have mentioned it if she were. No, she's a sensible-shoed sapphist, I'm afraid. :judge: