PDA

View Full Version : Quite a big day for death today. Clive James and Jonathan Miller gone.

Burney
11-27-2019, 04:14 PM
Gary Rhodes got in there early.

Meanwhile, Kirk fúcking Douglas is still alive despite being at least 130.

Luis Anaconda
11-27-2019, 04:18 PM

I think Kirk is hoping to outlive Michael so he can have a go on Catherine Zeta Jones

God has clearly got bored of conversations with rock stars though

Burney
11-27-2019, 04:21 PM
I think Kirk is hoping to outlive Michael so he can have a go on Catherine Zeta Jones

God has clearly got bored of conversations with rock stars though

I can imagine poor old Gary being a bit out of his depth on the lift journey up. :-(

WES
11-27-2019, 04:22 PM

Clive hung on a bit, didn't he? Could have sworn he was on the telly or in the papers years ago telling people he was about to go...

Luis Anaconda
11-27-2019, 04:23 PM
Clive hung on a bit, didn't he? Could have sworn he was on the telly or in the papers years ago telling people he was about to go...

ten years with a terminal illness :(

Burney
11-27-2019, 04:27 PM

:nod: Cvnt got a load of articles commissioned where he wrote movingly about what it was like facing his final days and weeks - and then proceeded to live another five years!

Písstaker imo.

Burney
11-27-2019, 04:28 PM
ten years with a terminal illness :(

Now I've seen this about Gary Rhodes and now I feel bad about saying I found him irritating. :-(

https://twitter.com/gdimelow/status/1199665733044711424

Sir C
11-27-2019, 04:35 PM
Now I've seen this about Gary Rhodes and now I feel bad about saying I found him irritating. :-(

https://twitter.com/gdimelow/status/1199665733044711424

Who’s got time for that sort of ****?

Burney
11-27-2019, 04:39 PM
Who’s got time for that sort of ****?

True. It'll probably turn out he went round there to nonce him off anyway.

Although I like the 'standard hate mail' bit. How much hate mail was Gary fúcking Rhodes getting anyway? :hehe:

IUFG
11-27-2019, 04:41 PM
Písstaker imo.

See Wilko Johnson

his 'Farewell' [I'm dying] Tour was in 2013.

He's currently touring into next year...

Burney
11-27-2019, 04:48 PM
See Wilko Johnson

You should be able to ask for your money back imo. It's like those cancer diaries that were common in the papers a while back. People like John Diamond (Nigella's first husband) and that woman wotsername going on about having cancer and then doing the decent thing and dying. I always wondered if there was one where the writer just got better and the whole thing just sort of fizzled out.

Ash
11-27-2019, 05:04 PM
See Wilko Johnson

That Ain't The Way To Behave, IUFG.

Wilko :bow:

Burney
11-27-2019, 05:15 PM
That Ain't The Way To Behave, IUFG.

Wilko :bow:

One of the unfortunate effects of Clive James’ demise is that people are quoting his poems on social media as if they’re good.

I liked him as a critic very much, his memoirs were very funny and we all liked the telly programmes about funny foreigners, but he was NOT a good poet.
If he weren’t still warm, I might use the phrase ‘Pam Ayres with an A-Level’ to describe his poetry, but out of respect, I shan’t.