PDA

View Full Version : Hang on....Emery is still our manager?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-25-2019, 09:20 AM
Gotta laugh!

WES
11-25-2019, 09:45 AM
Gotta laugh!

Ordinarily I would not support replacing the manager - as bad as things seem to be - in the middle of the season simply because I think it's unusual to be able to find a good, long term replacement.

But I was desperate for Pochettino to join us 3-4 years ago and it is rather tempting

Ash
11-25-2019, 09:50 AM
Ordinarily I would not support replacing the manager - as bad as things seem to be - in the middle of the season simply because I think it's unusual to be able to find a good, long term replacement.

But I was desperate for Pochettino to join us 3-4 years ago and it is rather tempting

Maurice Pocket will not be joining Arsenal.

Something to do with comments made by Arsenal fans about the profession of his mother, I think.

Also, not plugging a gaping leak in the side of a ship because a long term solution is currently unavailable at sea is probably unwise. No-one is going to want to manage us in the Second Division.

Burney
11-25-2019, 09:53 AM

Something to do with comments made by Arsenal fans about the profession of his mother, I think.

Also, not plugging a gaping leak in the side of a ship because a long term solution is currently unavailable at sea is probably unwise. No-one is going to want to manage us in the Second Division.

Doesn't it actually mean 'Maurice Very-Little'?

redgunamo
11-25-2019, 09:59 AM
Nonsense! Even Faringdon Town in the North Berkshire First Division get dozens of applicants for the manager's job.

That's football; everyone always thinks somebody else could do a better job than whoever is doing the job at the time. And everyone is not always wrong.

redgunamo
11-25-2019, 10:02 AM
We just shouldn't get caught up in hailing new managers, whomever they may be, as saviours. We owe Wenger that much, at least.

Just Trent
11-25-2019, 10:11 AM

I thought he might weather the storm a few weeks ago. Do enough to limp on until May. But, the players have given up on him. Some of the nonsense going on in midfield on Sat :hehe: . The ref was consistently outpacing Gwen and Torreria. Saints with 21 shots at our goal. Wolves had 25, and Watford managed 31 back in Sep. Not sure Pochettino is likely. Isn’t he good friends with Unai? Doubt he’d want to do the dirty on Spurs and his mate in one move. Although, it would be quite entertaining if he did.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-25-2019, 10:12 AM
We just shouldn't get caught up in hailing new managers, whomever they may be, as saviours. We owe Wenger that much, at least.

Delivering salvation is there job r. At least we no longer have an undismissable at the helm.

Pat Vegas
11-25-2019, 10:14 AM
Whilst they are probably made up. These Emery has 3 more games stories infuriate me.

How bad do they want it to get?

redgunamo
11-25-2019, 10:14 AM
Very good point; no other under-performing manager we have will be as tough to shift as old Veng.

Delivering salvation is there job r. At least we no longer have an undismissable at the helm.

redgunamo
11-25-2019, 10:15 AM
Probably fake news, P.

Whilst they are probably made up. These Emery has 3 more games stories infuriate me.

WES
11-25-2019, 10:17 AM

Well in this case Poch would be saving us from Emery. :shrug:

As we've now moved on from Wenger we can conveniently ignore how had we were under him the last few seasons. As you point out, it's disrespectful and no longer necessary.

Ash
11-25-2019, 10:22 AM
As we've now moved on from Wenger we can conveniently ignore how had we were under him the last few seasons. As you point out, it's disrespectful and no longer necessary.

We were never as bad as this. Awful away from home in the final season but could still get the job done at home against the teams we were supposed to beat. Now we just cannot win a game against anyone anywhere.

Basically Arsene was sacked for a lot less than this.

redgunamo
11-25-2019, 10:28 AM
No, he would not. We're just an ordinary football team again.

There's no drama, no panic. We're just average. We don't need "saving" :shrug:

Well in this case Poch would be saving us from Emery. :shrug:

Sir C

It's 'their', h.

Just Trent

The players clearly want him out, but keep on ****ing up their plan with late goals to save him. You could see the disappointment on Lacazette’s face as that goal went in at the end :hehe:

Also, let’s be under no illusions here. Most of these players are utter cnuts. A lot of managers would be in trouble before long with this lot.

Pat Vegas
11-25-2019, 10:31 AM
The players clearly want him out, but keep on ****ing up their plan with late goals to save him. You could see the disappointment on Lacazette’s face as that goal went in at the end :hehe:

Also, let’s be under no illusions here. Most of these players are utter cnuts. A lot of managers would be in trouble before long with this lot.

Yeah, and there was possibly still time they were not in a rush to kick off and maybe get a winner.

They need to get him out before permanent damage is done.

redgunamo
11-25-2019, 10:33 AM
In fairness, at least Wenger (and even Graham before him) inherited defenders that knew what clean sheets were. God knows what's going on with this lot :-\

We were never as bad as this. Awful away from home in the final season but could still get the job done at home against the teams we were supposed to beat. Now we just cannot win a game against anyone anywhere.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-25-2019, 10:38 AM
Probably fake news, P.

Can we impeach Emery?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-25-2019, 10:40 AM
In fairness, at least Wenger (and even Graham before him) inherited defenders that knew what clean sheets were. God knows what's going on with this lot :-\

They couldn't even keep clean sheets at home.

They couldn't even keep clean sheets in their own house, r.

WES
11-25-2019, 10:42 AM

I disagree - we were never as bad as this under Wenger but that wasn’t why he was sacked imo. He was sacked for a continual degradation in performance over many years with no change in approach being attempted to address that degradation.

You could argue that is worse than being ****ter for a shorter period of time.

Anyway, the important thing is to continue to move on without reference to the past. That is a fool’s exercise imo.

Ash
11-25-2019, 10:45 AM
Can we impeach Emery?

No, you only get impeached for calling someone out for bragging about having done the thing you are getting impeached for.

redgunamo
11-25-2019, 10:46 AM
glwtpimo. We are rightly proud of our past. Of course we're always going to refer to it!

I disagree - we were never as bad as this under Wenger but that wasn’t why he was sacked imo. He was sacked for a continual degradation in performance over many years with no change in approach being attempted to address that degradation.

Anyway, the important thing is to continue to move on without reference to the past. That is a fool’s exercise imo.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-25-2019, 10:46 AM
No, you only get impeached for calling someone out for bragging about having done the thing you are getting impeached for.

Good point. He isn't bragging yet.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-25-2019, 10:48 AM

Wenger was probably ushered out because the stands were half empty.

redgunamo
I gather you can impeach anyone you want. However, in this case the board would still ultimately have to decide to pull the trigger.

Can we impeach Emery?

WES
glwtpimo. We are rightly proud of our past. Of course we're always going to refer to it!

I meant the bad bits, red. We should remember only the good bits about Wenger but not use them as a stick to beat the new chap.

That’s the fool’s exercise bit

redgunamo
11-25-2019, 10:50 AM
:nod: Even if you didn't actually do dem fings.

Ash
11-25-2019, 10:55 AM
:nod: Even if you didn't actually do dem fings.

Unlike the Dems who did do dem fings.

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-25-2019, 10:56 AM
It's 'their', h.

And it's chum not cum

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-25-2019, 11:00 AM

Dunno WES. Looking back is often useful and frequently crucial. Along the lines of "look what happened to last time we allowed an uppity german to push us around".

redgunamo
11-25-2019, 11:03 AM
#POTUSKnows

Unlike the Dems who did do dem fings.

barrybueno
11-25-2019, 12:37 PM
Yeah, and there was possibly still time they were not in a rush to kick off and maybe get a winner.

They probably thought Saints would have more chance of a late winner so best to stick on a draw, clever stuff imo.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
11-25-2019, 01:16 PM

I actually feel sorry for Emery. The club is being mismanaged by Kronke and the board are either clueless of complicit. Emery is not up to the task but until the club sort itself out, we will repeat this pattern for a few years. If we are not careful, we might end up like Newcastle.

Viva Prat Vegas
11-25-2019, 01:18 PM
Just Trent "The ref was consistently outpacing Gwen and Torreria."

:hehe: :hehe:

Rich
11-25-2019, 01:38 PM

So the players were given yesterday off which is normal after a game. However, they have also been given today off with is very unusual, or so I am told.

Could it be that there are movements at Arsenal today and the players have been asked to stay at home? Club has also removed a pinned Tweet and posted just one update today (usually many updates each day).

Tony C
11-25-2019, 01:55 PM
So the players were given yesterday off which is normal after a game. However, they have also been given today off with is very unusual, or so I am told.

Could it be that there are movements at Arsenal today and the players have been asked to stay at home? Club has also removed a pinned Tweet and posted just one update today (usually many updates each day).

Looks like it’s not Stevie G

He was contacted by the club but took the p iss and asked if they wanted him as a player / manager because our midfielders are wastemen.