PDA

View Full Version : I like the Kiwis, and respect to their WK for scoring 200 against us. But please, do

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
11-25-2019, 12:14 AM
we really need him gobbing off like Gilchrist to every ball that the spinners bowl?

Gilchrist would just go "Bowling, Shane." While this Kiwi gives a detailed analysis of every single delivery: "Good pace, Kano. You got a beautiful line there as well."

Now I accept this could simply be due to the fact that they average Kiwi has a slightly larger vocabulary than the average Convict. But in this case, it just makes it more irritating.

If they switched the stump mic off, I wouldn't really care. And at home, I just sync up TMS with the dodgy stream and job's a good'un.

But I really don't want to have to listen to that for the whole of the afternoon session.

"Kano" got milked for six easy runs, but their WK was talking us through each delivery as though it was a bowling master-class.

Whatever you think about Gilchrist being a gent who walked, the fact that we now have to listen to every WK in the cricket playing world give us feedback on every single ball a spinner bowls in test matches has made the game worse.

Is it really too much to hope that "bowling Shane" in a dozen different accents and all forms of sledging are banned from international cricket?