PDA

View Full Version : Today, Labour says they’re going to make vets free at the point of use and will ban

Burney
11-20-2019, 11:01 AM
foie gras. :hehe:

We’re still three weeks away from polling day. What madness will they be promising by then?

PSRB
11-20-2019, 11:05 AM

We’re still three weeks away from polling day. What madness will they be promising by then?

**********free money**********

redgunamo
11-20-2019, 11:25 AM
Shrood. Worth a vote or two, I reckon, now that hardly anyone has children anymore.

Pokster
11-20-2019, 11:25 AM

Well I can't see banning foie gras will lose them many of the voters they already have

Burney
11-20-2019, 03:02 PM
Well I can't see banning foie gras will lose them many of the voters they already have

Perhaps. Although we’d have to actually leave the EU before we’d be allowed to ban its sale here, so...

Tony C
11-20-2019, 03:14 PM
didn’t they win a by recently by paying people £10 to vote for them? Recently I mean like a year or so ago...can’t remember...some place like Leicester I think. The one where they got like 10k in postal votes all for them.

you had to take a photo of your ballot and then show it to a guy in a van parked outside and he gave u a tennar

would be much easier imo...people got bills to pay, food to buy etc etc

7sisters
11-20-2019, 03:35 PM

As someone who gets regularly shafted by vets, I could go for this one. 39 quid consultation plus 20 quid for a treatment I could procure online for 8:50. But, they’d then want 12:50 for a signed prescription.

Vets - Thieving kyunts to a man :judge:

barrybueno
11-20-2019, 07:00 PM

****free Stella**** #votelabour :-\

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-20-2019, 09:00 PM
Perhaps. Although we’d have to actually leave the EU before we’d be allowed to ban its sale here, so...

Is this really so ? .. Or is it just your usual libertarian gobshíte mischief making?

Burney
11-21-2019, 10:27 AM
Is this really so ? .. Or is it just your usual libertarian gobshíte mischief making?

Yes. It's a legal product under EU law produced by EU member states. It would therefore be illegal to ban it under the rules of the single market.

WES
11-21-2019, 10:30 AM
Yes. It's a legal product under EU law produced by EU member states. It would therefore be illegal to ban it under the rules of the single market.

So when we leave and some Green c*nt manages to convince the government to ban its sale in the UK I shall be glaring directly at you, Burney. :rage:

Having said that, I never buy it here or order it in a restaurant here. I buy the livers in France and make it myself. :eat:

IUFG
11-21-2019, 10:33 AM
****free Stella**** #votelabour :-\

free booze and a day off wánking?

#votelabour indeed

Burney
11-21-2019, 10:37 AM
free booze and a day off wánking?

#votelabour indeed

Oh, I don't think barry ever takes a day off wánking. He's very much a once-a-day minimum sort of a chap.

Burney
11-21-2019, 10:40 AM
So when we leave and some Green c*nt manages to convince the government to ban its sale in the UK I shall be glaring directly at you, Burney. :rage:

Having said that, I never buy it here or order it in a restaurant here. I buy the livers in France and make it myself. :eat:

I just want us to have sovereignty over our own laws, WES. I can't promise that we won't make some fúcking awful laws, but we will at least have the opportunity to change or repeal them if we do rather than being stuck with them and without the means of changing them.

Sir C
11-21-2019, 10:47 AM

What do you mean, you 'make it yourself'? How can you 'make' foie gras? The fúcking goose makes the foie gras, all you have to do is chuck it in a pan for 30 seconds a side. :shrug:

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-21-2019, 11:06 AM
What do you mean, you 'make it yourself'? How can you 'make' foie gras? The fúcking goose makes the foie gras, all you have to do is chuck it in a pan for 30 seconds a side. :shrug:

He keeps a real live goose in his garden shed strapped up by the neck. Bet he makes his wife do the force feeding, the squeamish canadian poof.

Sir C
11-21-2019, 11:10 AM
He keeps a real live goose in his garden shed strapped up by the neck. Bet he makes his wife do the force feeding, the squeamish canadian poof.

I went with a friend to visit his chum, a foie gras farmer. I expected to be revolted because I'm a hypocritical animal-loving carnivore type, but they insisted I watched feeding time. The bástard geese queued up for the funnel, honking excitedly. They loved that shít!

barrybueno
11-21-2019, 11:14 AM
Oh, I don't think barry ever takes a day off wánking. He's very much a once-a-day minimum sort of a chap.

That's being 'conservative' to say the least B, see wot I did :-)

I wish it was an Olympic sport or 10 quid a go down the local bank, I'd be rich, rich I tells thee!

Monty92
11-21-2019, 11:22 AM
I went with a friend to visit his chum, a foie gras farmer. I expected to be revolted because I'm a hypocritical animal-loving carnivore type, but they insisted I watched feeding time. The bástard geese queued up for the funnel, honking excitedly. They loved that shít!

I did the same at a farm in the Loire Valley. I'd been assured by a Penn & Teller documentary that the geese are in fact entirely unbothered by the procedure due to having no gag reflex (Oh if only your mum could say the same).

Annnnnyway......they bring out the machinery, and all of the geese immediately start freaking out and two of them sh*t themselves :-(

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-21-2019, 11:22 AM

You mean the goose hasn't been cruelly nailed by the wings to some old traditional wooden contraption (doubtless the same old french oak that has been used for a thousand years). I am more than a little disappointed. I thought there was a proportional correlation between the flavour of the foie gras and the goose's suffering.

Sir C
11-21-2019, 11:33 AM
I did the same at a farm in the Loire Valley. I'd been assured by a Penn & Teller documentary that the geese are in fact entirely unbothered by the procedure due to having no gag reflex (Oh if only your mum could say the same).

Annnnnyway......they bring out the machinery, and all of the geese immediately start freaking out and two of them sh*t themselves :-(

Oh there was no machinery involved with my chap. This was a purely manual operation. Perhaps that makes a difference?

You realise that birds **** themselves all the time, don't you? They don't 'go for a ****'. It just happens.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
11-21-2019, 12:21 PM

'Tis true.

We did a free tekno festie thingumy on this rich hippy's land in '95. Carlucet, down Figeac, Cahors sort of way. Pierre, the hippy owner, got into an argument with some of our hunt-sab type crusties.

But he showed them that the geese love it, running up for brekkers every morning. {Maybe he just soaked it in cognac, and had turned them all into alkies - who knows?}

Anyway, Pierre then made this hippy comparison between his geese and human consumption, saying us humans with our quest to always consume more, even if it'll kill us, are just basically pseudo-simian geese.

WES
11-21-2019, 01:05 PM

Um no, Charles, it's not quite that simple. Firstly, you may have to de-vein the liver which is a royal pain in the arse. Fortunately, you can now buy raw livers which have been de-veined, which is what I do.

You then marinade it (I use armagnac or sherry, 5 spice, salt and pepper) overnight before putting it in a mold and cooking it in a bain marie for about 20-25 minutes. You then press it and put it back in the fridge.

At that point it can be sliced and served or pan fried as you describe. Personally, I'm not a fan of pan fried foie gras, don't like the jelly texture.