PDA

View Full Version : The bad news is that they’ll win something.

Sir C
11-20-2019, 07:50 AM
The good news is that the football they play will be as hideous to watch as ours. :-(

Tony C
11-20-2019, 08:07 AM
This might be good for our fanbase

A chance to collectively channel our hate elsewhere...

Next NLD will be something.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
11-20-2019, 08:35 AM
The bad news is that they’ll win something.

:nod: when is the Norwich Hospital Cup this year?

IUFG
11-20-2019, 08:47 AM
The good news is that the football they play will be as hideous to watch as ours. :-(

give it 18 months, they'll be desperate for Mourinho to fúck off.

And he will.

with another £20m.

MMW

Pat Vegas
11-20-2019, 09:39 AM

it's actually terrible timing.
Our fans will kick off even more now. That Spurs decided they were not happy with their football booted out the manager and employed a very successful one (no matter what you think of him)

PSRB
11-20-2019, 10:04 AM

Meh, Mourinho is a busted flush. Levy and him should provide a few months of entertainment

WES
11-20-2019, 10:10 AM
Meh, Mourinho is a busted flush. Levy and him should provide a few months of entertainment

Not sure why everyone doesn't think this is an utterly wonderful result.

This means Mourinho will never manage the Arsenal. It means we get to watch him blow up Spurs just as he did Chelsea and ManU. And it means all the really good young managers in world football are still available should Emery get the sack.

Quite wonderful news imo. :cloud9:

Luis Anaconda
11-20-2019, 10:11 AM

January should be interesting. "So Daniel - that 200 million I need... "

WES
11-20-2019, 10:13 AM

:nod: He had loads of money available to him at Chelsea and ManU and still managed to fall out with both owners/management and play terrible football before losing the dressing room and failing badly.

Not sure why anyone would think it would be any better with Levy and Spurs. :shrug:

Pat Vegas
11-20-2019, 10:24 AM
this is all going to bite you on the arsenal
he's going to be incredibly sucessful with Spurs.

barrybueno
11-20-2019, 10:28 AM

I can't imagine a worse fit tbh. Levy won't stump up the hundreds of millions he always requires and his days of guaranteeing trophies are long gone, but the boring football still remains. Should be fun!

Tony C
11-20-2019, 10:51 AM
this won’t take much

A couple of Fred type signings and Levy will drop him

IUFG
11-20-2019, 10:54 AM
this is all going to bite you on the arsenal
he's going to be incredibly sucessful with Spurs.

ah, reverse psychology. Like it :thumbup:

Ash
11-20-2019, 10:56 AM
:nod: when is the Norwich Hospital Cup this year?

Good areas, 71.

redgunamo
11-20-2019, 11:11 AM
His real problem will be the same as ours, that even ninety points mightn't even get you third place :-\

:nod: He had loads of money available to him at Chelsea and ManU and still managed to fall out with both owners/management and play terrible football before losing the dressing room and failing badly.

Not sure why anyone would think it would be any better with Levy and Spurs. :shrug:

Viva Prat Vegas
11-20-2019, 11:12 AM
Luis Anaconda "January should be interesting. "So Daniel - that 200 million I need... ""

:hehe:
Be good if Levy's got him in on a false promise

Can't see them having too much money to spend anyway, what with the super duper new Stadium an all
Kane sold in the Summer imo

PSRB
11-20-2019, 11:19 AM
Luis Anaconda "January should be interesting. "So Daniel - that 200 million I need... ""

:hehe:
Be good if Levy's got him in on a false promise

Can't see them having too much money to spend anyway, what with the super duper new Stadium an all
Kane sold in the Summer imo

They'll flog all the out of contract players in January, probably get them £60-70m? Then maybe give him another £30m tops

Luis Anaconda
11-20-2019, 11:51 AM
They'll flog all the out of contract players in January, probably get them £60-70m? Then maybe give him another £30m tops

Their two best centre backs? Might need a 100m to replace them and then not guaranteed quality. Maybe we could send them Mustafi

PSRB
11-20-2019, 11:54 AM
Their two best centre backs? Might need a 100m to replace them and then not guaranteed quality. Maybe we could send them Mustafi

Will be interested to see if any of them re sign, I suspect not

redgunamo
11-20-2019, 11:58 AM
Good point. Surely there's more money available now than there are players worth spending it on?

7sisters
11-20-2019, 01:19 PM

I keep reading about Poch being starved of transfer funds, yet they spent 120M during the summer.. :shrug:

Luis Anaconda
11-20-2019, 01:20 PM
I keep reading about Poch being starved of transfer funds, yet they spent 120M during the summer.. :shrug:

Two windows without a signing definitely hurt tbf. Interesting interview with Dembele in the Times yesterday - basically said Poch had rin the team into the ground (this was way before the news broke)