PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, Extinction Rebellion protestors have gone on hunger strike in the lobby

Burney
11-18-2019, 12:06 PM
of Labour's HQ. :hehe:

It takes ages to die on a hunger strike. They'll barely even have started to get skinny by the time of the election. And after that, who cares if they die? :shrug:

These people are idiots.

Pat Vegas
11-18-2019, 12:47 PM

It takes ages to die on a hunger strike. They'll barely even have started to get skinny by the time of the election. And after that, who cares if they die? :shrug:

These people are idiots.

I hope Labour are offering them broadband whislt they starve.

IUFG
11-18-2019, 12:57 PM
I hope Labour are offering them broadband whislt they starve.

that and a token gesture of the abhorrance of anti-semitism.

in any case, isn't 5G going to render broadband obsolete?

Herbert Augustus Chapman
11-18-2019, 01:17 PM
that and a token gesture of the abhorrance of anti-semitism.

in any case, isn't 5G going to render broadband obsolete?

Gosh wouldn't that be something i? I would so relish informing BT that their perennial scam of charging me rental for a piece of rotten old copper wire just so I can get t'Interent is now over and they will never again rinse me.

barrybueno
11-18-2019, 01:19 PM

These people are idiots.

If I worked there (God forbid) and the smelly twáts were still there after a few days I'd be eating my lunch in the lobby. A nice bacon sandwich in the morning too. Maybe put a toaster down there and make toast every hour, always gives off a great smell. :eat:

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
11-18-2019, 01:51 PM
If I worked there (God forbid) and the smelly twáts were still there after a few days I'd be eating my lunch in the lobby. A nice bacon sandwich in the morning too. Maybe put a toaster down there and make toast every hour, always gives off a great smell. :eat:

Remember the Rangers chant to the Celtic in the '80s?

Want a Big Mac?
Want a Big Mac?
Want a Big Mac?
Bobby Sands?
Want a Big Mac, Bobby Sands?

Viva Prat Vegas
11-18-2019, 02:30 PM
To what tune did that ditty go?
Get Your Rocks Off?

Viva Prat Vegas
11-18-2019, 02:32 PM
Pat Vegas is organising a catering event for Extintion Rebellion tonight
He will serve them a sit down meal of plates with nothing on them

Tony C
11-18-2019, 02:42 PM
It’s only for 1 week though and they still take water and vitamins

Jokes

Burney
11-18-2019, 02:46 PM
It’s only for 1 week though and they still take water and vitamins

Jokes

Pathetic. They'll only just have started metabolising their own body fat by then! It's not a hunger strike until the body starts eating muscle and sinew and brain function starts to go a bit wobbly imo.

Say what you like about Bobby Sands and his chums, but they did at least do it properly. These people are timewasters.

Also, where are they going to urinate and defecate?

11-18-2019, 04:01 PM
Pathetic. They'll only just have started metabolising their own body fat by then! It's not a hunger strike until the body starts eating muscle and sinew and brain function starts to go a bit wobbly imo.

Say what you like about Bobby Sands and his chums, but they did at least do it properly. These people are timewasters.

Also, where are they going to urinate and defecate?

You know what? The only thing I agree with Maggie about was letting Sands die.

Couldn't have some Abrahamic fûcwit - yea, a reactionary Papist Abrahamic at that - thinking they did hunger striking better than the Vedics.

The Paddies were getting a bit too big for their boots there, imo.

Burney
11-18-2019, 04:04 PM
You know what? The only thing I agree with Maggie about was letting Sands die.

Couldn't have some Abrahamic fûcwit - yea, a reactionary Papist Abrahamic at that - thinking they did hunger striking better than the Vedics.

The Paddies were getting a bit too big for their boots there, imo.

Are they the lads who tie heavy weights to their cocks and suck water up with their bumholes? Or is that another lot of mentalists?

11-18-2019, 04:38 PM
Are they the lads who tie heavy weights to their cocks and suck water up with their bumholes? Or is that another lot of mentalists?

Those ones don't generally go on hunger strike, B. They normally get their own way. The God-loving natives will chuck the cock-lifters a few paise happy to know that said cock-lifters are making sacrifices on their behalves.

Division of labour with the workers being happy for a subsistence wage. I'm surprised a capitalist like you has a problem with this.

If my lads unstrapped the rocks from their cocks and started bumming choirboys like the Paddy Papists, would they meet with your approval?

Burney
11-18-2019, 04:51 PM
Those ones don't generally go on hunger strike, B. They normally get their own way. The God-loving natives will chuck the cock-lifters a few paise happy to know that said cock-lifters are making sacrifices on their behalves.

Division of labour with the workers being happy for a subsistence wage. I'm surprised a capitalist like you has a problem with this.

If my lads unstrapped the rocks from their cocks and started bumming choirboys like the Paddy Papists, would they meet with your approval?

Surely they've got their hands full exposing themselves to strangers, the dirty, smelly auld feckers? Besides, I don't imagine their poor John Thomases are up to the rigours of anal sex after all that stretching?

Anyway, I think we can agree that if we're going to start comparing the relative absurdities of different gods, religions, religious practices and religious adherents, we're a/ going to be here a while and b/ the religion that involves an elephant-headed god is going to lose. :hehe:

11-19-2019, 09:53 AM
Surely they've got their hands full exposing themselves to strangers, the dirty, smelly auld feckers? Besides, I don't imagine their poor John Thomases are up to the rigours of anal sex after all that stretching?

Anyway, I think we can agree that if we're going to start comparing the relative absurdities of different gods, religions, religious practices and religious adherents, we're a/ going to be here a while and b/ the religion that involves an elephant-headed god is going to lose. :hehe:

You see, if I thought you'd actually listen, I'd explain why Ganpatiji having an elephants head is a warning that a husband must respect his wife. Not a big deal for you or I, perhaps, but pretty major in ancient, patriarchal* times.

Or about how he has only one tusk, hence the name Ekadenta, which shows that Shiva and Parvati, and thus, the family, are the world and that thanks to Shiva and Ganpati's tusk, the milk of human kindness flows from Parvati's nipple.

But you won't listen as you've already made up your mind so I won't waste your or my time.

Do you deny that any fable or parable, be it Aesop or La Fontaine etc, can reveal anything about the human condition and appropriate behaviour?

And, btw, the cock-lifters aren't actually into bumming anyone, not even choirboys. They're not Paddy Abrahamics.

There is a really strange, very minority bunch of sadhus, that only eats roadkill and fûcks corpses. Kali worshippers, probably, almost certainly.

They do it to prove they don't get turned on by not cumming. Or not enjoying it while they do, or something. I'd have to check. It's been a while since I read about them.

But Parvati loves you, B. Which is why paradise awaits, despite being a evil, Tory, Brexiting bhenchod.

*Yes, I know. But don't go on about it. While the word patriarchy today is woke bullshît, the word patriarchal does have a relevant meaning in objective, academic anthropology. My LSE squatter mate got a 1st on the change over from the matriachal to patriachal society c. 8,000BC. The changeover, not her 1st, that was 1992.

Sir C
11-19-2019, 10:00 AM
My mates are jains. They're pretty laid back, like a good drink and, whilst strictly vegetarian, have no issues watching em fill my face with sweet, sweet lal maas.

They're rabidly anti-muslim, mind. Sometimes they go out at dawn to find muslims on their way to morning prayers and knock them off their scooters :-(

Burney
11-19-2019, 10:41 AM
My mates are jains. They're pretty laid back, like a good drink and, whilst strictly vegetarian, have no issues watching em fill my face with sweet, sweet lal maas.

They're rabidly anti-muslim, mind. Sometimes they go out at dawn to find muslims on their way to morning prayers and knock them off their scooters :-(

I used to play cricket with a Jain. Damn good bowler. Could never eat any of the teas, though. Used to have to bring his own pakoras - which were much nicer.

Sir C
11-19-2019, 10:48 AM
I used to play cricket with a Jain. Damn good bowler. Could never eat any of the teas, though. Used to have to bring his own pakoras - which were much nicer.

I first met one of these lads in the 1980s. His nickname was 'Nippy'. He weighed at least 25 stone. He was in no way Nippy.

Now he's a 12 stone silver fox witha Ferrari and a hot chick.

Burney
11-19-2019, 10:52 AM
I first met one of these lads in the 1980s. His nickname was 'Nippy'. He weighed at least 25 stone. He was in no way Nippy.

Now he's a 12 stone silver fox witha Ferrari and a hot chick.

This chap was called Pradeep. Lovely lad. Once turned up on the first night of a cricket tour dressed like Sonny Crockett in a white suit over a black vest with espadrilles and proceeded to try and pull every woman within a two-mile radius. I think after being shot down in flames about 40 times he eventually got his end away. Admirable persistence imo.

Sir C
11-19-2019, 10:58 AM
This chap was called Pradeep. Lovely lad. Once turned up on the first night of a cricket tour dressed like Sonny Crockett in a white suit over a black vest with espadrilles and proceeded to try and pull every woman within a two-mile radius. I think after being shot down in flames about 40 times he eventually got his end away. Admirable persistence imo.

I think it's safe to say we're fans of Jains.

Also Sikhs.

Burney
11-19-2019, 11:06 AM

Also Sikhs.

Agreed. A great bunch of lads, Sikhs. Fond of whisky, in my experience.

Did I ever tell you about the time we played a muslim team in Bushey during Ramadan? Scorching day, it was and they couldn't even drink water. We won the toss, batted and proceeded to flog them round the park as they visibly wilted (I think I got 60-odd in even time). Then, during tea, they had to sit there sullenly watching us stuff our faces. I think by the time the game was over, a couple of them probably needed medical attention. :hehe:

Sir C
11-19-2019, 11:12 AM
Agreed. A great bunch of lads, Sikhs. Fond of whisky, in my experience.

Did I ever tell you about the time we played a muslim team in Bushey during Ramadan? Scorching day, it was and they couldn't even drink water. We won the toss, batted and proceeded to flog them round the park as they visibly wilted (I think I got 60-odd in even time). Then, during tea, they had to sit there sullenly watching us stuff our faces. I think by the time the game was over, a couple of them probably needed medical attention. :hehe:

Don't those engaged in sporting activities get a pass?

Daft sods. :hehe:

Burney
11-19-2019, 11:15 AM
Don't those engaged in sporting activities get a pass?

Daft sods. :hehe:

Nope. Inexplicably, it seems the Prophet Mohammed didn't make any allowances for League Cricket.

11-19-2019, 12:26 PM

Also Sikhs.

You two both appreciate the Jains and the Sikhs? You see, I knew there was hope for you two.

Would you rather be a Jain/Sikh or a Papist bumboy/DUP nutter/Yîddo/Towel-head?

I rest my case.

I'm sure you'll both be reincarnated as something better. I was worried you'd come back as Sperz fans or Septics. But the path to Nirvana is open to you both.

My work here is done. Padmavati Ek Hai.

Sir C
11-19-2019, 12:30 PM
You two both appreciate the Jains and the Sikhs? You see, I knew there was hope for you two.

Would you rather be a Jain/Sikh or a Papist bumboy/DUP nutter/Yîddo/Towel-head?

I rest my case.

I'm sure you'll both be reincarnated as something better. I was worried you'd come back as Sperz fans or Septics. But the path to Nirvana is open to you both.

My work here is done. Padmavati Ek Hai.

I rather enjoyed my papist bum boy childhood, if I’m honest.

11-19-2019, 02:56 PM
I rather enjoyed my papist bum boy childhood, if I’m honest.

But papists don't play cricket, C. And they haven't really understood the Divine since the early Chruch wiped out mystical Christianity.

Anyway, made steak tartare for my mate last night. He got most of the bits but forgot the capers for me. In the buying of which, I found pwoppa Lea and Perrins whereas my mate had only ever had Heinz - sans anchois, would you believe.

So using my magic ingredients, I've given him the best tartare he's ever had.

Liked it so much, we're munching it together again tonight. Just got back with 700g of minced fillet.

Oh, and having it his way in a bowl, as opposed to my way of making poncy disks on a plate using stacked up egg poachers, means we can bung more than one egg yolk in each. Tops.

FTR, I don't ever eat Indian cows as they're holy. I only eat unholy, often mad, Gora cows.

Burney
11-19-2019, 03:11 PM
But papists don't play cricket, C. And they haven't really understood the Divine since the early Chruch wiped out mystical Christianity.

Anyway, made steak tartare for my mate last night. He got most of the bits but forgot the capers for me. In the buying of which, I found pwoppa Lea and Perrins whereas my mate had only ever had Heinz - sans anchois, would you believe.

Liked it so much, we're munching it together again tonight. Just got back with 700g of minced fillet.

Oh, and having it his way in a bowl, as opposed to my way of making poncy disks on a plate using stacked up egg poachers, means we can bung more than one egg yolk in each. Tops.

FTR, I don't ever eat Indian cows as they're holy. I only eat unholy, often mad, Gora cows.

Nonsense. Both Rahul Dravid and Virat Kohli learned their cricket at Jesuit schools. Many, many great cricketers have been Catholic.

And you ought to read Tom Holland's 'Dominion'.

11-19-2019, 03:17 PM
Nonsense. Both Rahul Dravid and Virat Kohli learned their cricket at Jesuit schools. Many, many great cricketers have been Catholic.

And you ought to read Tom Holland's 'Dominion'.

Yeah, but they grew up in a Vedic culture. I mean, durr.

Papists have been going 3x longer than Sikhs, but which produce the best spinners? No Paddy even comes close to Monty Panesar, let alone the true greats.

But I'll google that book and get back to you.

Sir C
11-19-2019, 03:41 PM

You want to be hand cutting that beef, chum. I use the two knife method, personally, but you dice away as you see fit.

Burney
11-19-2019, 03:50 PM
Yeah, but they grew up in a Vedic culture. I mean, durr.

Papists have been going 3x longer than Sikhs, but which produce the best spinners? No Paddy even comes close to Monty Panesar, let alone the true greats.

But I'll google that book and get back to you.

Don Bradman said Bill O'Reilly (a Catholic) was the best bowler he ever faced. See also: much of Sri Lankan cricket.

You really aren't going to win this one.

11-19-2019, 04:30 PM
You want to be hand cutting that beef, chum. I use the two knife method, personally, but you dice away as you see fit.

Every previous time I've made it, I've diced by hand myself. When my mate came back yesterday with it minced, I was shocked. I'd never seen it like that. And he was shocked that I'd make steak tartare any other way. I idea of me chopping by hand seemed weird to him.

But last night, with it minced in a beefburger thingumy, it was fine. My mix of tomato sauce, Lea and Perrins and Tobasco coated each morsel and stuck bits of chopped parsley to each side.

Mixed in onions, shallots and cornichons (for him, capers for me) and then an egg yolk.

Didn't taste any different to my normal, hand cut ones.

And his way of mixing it all together in a bowl (as opposed to mine of using piled up egg poachers to make a disk and put an egg yolk on top with the veg in 3 separate piles round the side) worked a treat. It means I can have 2 egg yolks each tonight.

As I say, I've always hand cut before, but it seems like it saves time without changing the taste or texture.

I had my monthly bath and shave today, as I bought a hat yesterday so could have a hair cut. Given myself a mohican. In the butchers, they were a bit shocked that a punk with an English accent wanted half a kee of fillet put through the grinder.

But they were very helpful in the end. Reckon a côte de boeuf will cost €17-20, instead of €40 at our local one in the 4e. And the Fillet was €30 a kee, not 60.

But yes, hand diced looks better and is more therapeutic. But when it's all mixed up in a bowl, you won't notice the difference.

11-19-2019, 04:37 PM
Don Bradman said Bill O'Reilly (a Catholic) was the best bowler he ever faced. See also: much of Sri Lankan cricket.

You really aren't going to win this one.

Did any player called JesusMaryHolyGhost ever rip through the England batting line up?

Did Shivaramakrishna in the mid-80s?

I rest my case.

Was there ever a West Indian called Jesusnarine Chanderpaul?

Oooh, look at this, here's a whole XI, including Ganpati-worshippers at 6-11:

6. Pitambar Dutt: He played for various age-group sides for Delhi in the from 1989 to 1994. His last appearance was for the Delhi under-19s in 1994. “Pitambar” refers to Ganesha for wearing yellow clothes.

All Rounders:

7. Kapil Dev (c): Does he need an introduction! One-time leading wicket-taker in Test cricket, the finest all-rounder India has produced and their first World Cup winning captain. Kapil Dev’s cricketing biography can’t be summed up in a few words. Though “Kapila” was the name of a saint, it also refers to Ganesha’s yellowish skin.

8. Ganapathi Vignesh: The Chennai all-rounder made his debut in First-Class cricket in 2002-03 when he represented Tamil Nadu. However, in 2007, he moved to the Indian Cricket League (ICL) and was successful there. In 2010, he was a part of the Chennai Super Kings side that went on to win the Indian Premier League (IPL). His last appearance was for Goa in 2011 and he then played for India at the Hong Kong Sixes. “Ganpati” is one of the most popular names for Ganesha.

9. Gajanan Patwardhan: Patwardhan was a right-handed batsman and a leg-spinner who represented Maharashtra in four matches in the late 1940s and the early 1950s. “Gajanan” refers to Ganesha’s elephant head.

Bowlers:

10. Amit Mishra: The leg-spinner made his debut for India in 2003 and then disappeared for five years. Upon his return in 2008, taking five-wickets on Test debut, Mishra has been on the fringes without establishing his spot in the long-run. He has been vastly successful in the IPL and in 2013 he took 18 wickets in a series against Zimbabwe. “Amit” means someone who cannot be compared with anyone and is one of Ganesha’s names.

11. Dodda Ganesh: The medium-pacer was picked for the tours to South Africa and the West Indies in 1996-97. He made his Test debut at Cape Town and then played his first One-Day International (ODI) against Zimbabwe at Bulawayo. Thereafter, he played three more Tests for India in the Caribbean. In all, he took only 10 international wickets. At the domestic level, he served Karnataka for over ten years and picked up 365 wickets in 104 First-Class matches.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/articles/lord-ganesha-xi-eleven-cricketers-who-were-named-after-the-elephant-god-180044

What were you saying about me not winning this one? Oh, ye of little faith, B you heathen.

Burney
11-19-2019, 04:53 PM
Did any player called JesusMaryHolyGhost ever rip through the England batting line up?

Did Shivaramakrishna in the mid-80s?

I rest my case.

Was there ever a West Indian called Jesusnarine Chanderpaul?

Oooh, look at this, here's a whole XI, including Ganpati-worshippers at 6-11:

6. Pitambar Dutt: He played for various age-group sides for Delhi in the from 1989 to 1994. His last appearance was for the Delhi under-19s in 1994. “Pitambar” refers to Ganesha for wearing yellow clothes.

All Rounders:

7. Kapil Dev (c): Does he need an introduction! One-time leading wicket-taker in Test cricket, the finest all-rounder India has produced and their first World Cup winning captain. Kapil Dev’s cricketing biography can’t be summed up in a few words. Though “Kapila” was the name of a saint, it also refers to Ganesha’s yellowish skin.

8. Ganapathi Vignesh: The Chennai all-rounder made his debut in First-Class cricket in 2002-03 when he represented Tamil Nadu. However, in 2007, he moved to the Indian Cricket League (ICL) and was successful there. In 2010, he was a part of the Chennai Super Kings side that went on to win the Indian Premier League (IPL). His last appearance was for Goa in 2011 and he then played for India at the Hong Kong Sixes. “Ganpati” is one of the most popular names for Ganesha.

9. Gajanan Patwardhan: Patwardhan was a right-handed batsman and a leg-spinner who represented Maharashtra in four matches in the late 1940s and the early 1950s. “Gajanan” refers to Ganesha’s elephant head.

Bowlers:

10. Amit Mishra: The leg-spinner made his debut for India in 2003 and then disappeared for five years. Upon his return in 2008, taking five-wickets on Test debut, Mishra has been on the fringes without establishing his spot in the long-run. He has been vastly successful in the IPL and in 2013 he took 18 wickets in a series against Zimbabwe. “Amit” means someone who cannot be compared with anyone and is one of Ganesha’s names.

11. Dodda Ganesh: The medium-pacer was picked for the tours to South Africa and the West Indies in 1996-97. He made his Test debut at Cape Town and then played his first One-Day International (ODI) against Zimbabwe at Bulawayo. Thereafter, he played three more Tests for India in the Caribbean. In all, he took only 10 international wickets. At the domestic level, he served Karnataka for over ten years and picked up 365 wickets in 104 First-Class matches.

https://www.cricketcountry.com/articles/lord-ganesha-xi-eleven-cricketers-who-were-named-after-the-elephant-god-180044

What were you saying about me not winning this one? Oh, ye of little faith, B you heathen.

You know that most Christians have relgiously-based names, right? That's why they're called Christian names.

11-19-2019, 05:08 PM
You know that most Christians have relgiously-based names, right? That's why they're called Christian names.

They're named after saints, not God(s). And ever since the reformation, the civilised non-papists have realised saints are an idiotic concept. I mean, St Bernie. That's a dog, not a God.

I have XI players (and a 12th man) named after Lord Ganesha himself. You don't have 11 Jesuses. Nor do you have a spinner named after 3 Gods in one.

I win.

{What do you do for a living, B? You must be mindlessly bored to be debating this bøllocks with me. But thanks for taking the time, all the same. Still, as you've admitted that Jains and Sikhs are cool, I'm sure Shiva will reward you with an unpward reincarnation, as opposed to coming back as a Septic, a Sperzer or a cockroach. So you haven't wasted your time - you've advanced your progress to Nirvana. Jai Shree Ganesh.}

Burney
11-19-2019, 05:24 PM
They're named after saints, not God(s). And ever since the reformation, the civilised non-papists have realised saints are an idiotic concept. I mean, St Bernie. That's a dog, not a God.

I have XI players (and a 12th man) named after Lord Ganesha himself. You don't have 11 Jesuses. Nor do you have a spinner named after 3 Gods in one.

I win.

{What do you do for a living, B? You must be mindlessly bored to be debating this bøllocks with me. But thanks for taking the time, all the same. Still, as you've admitted that Jains and Sikhs are cool, I'm sure Shiva will reward you with an unpward reincarnation, as opposed to coming back as a Septic, a Sperzer or a cockroach. So you haven't wasted your time - you've advanced your progress to Nirvana. Jai Shree Ganesh.}

That's because naming your child 'God' would be appalling blasphemy (OK, the dagoes call their kids Jesus, but what can you expect from spics?). We only have the one God, y'see? It's not an absurd smorgasbord of silly-looking deities like your savage Hindoo has.